Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    23,904
    Personally havent encountered it, it's more racism I encounter being written in chats now and then.
    Report, move on.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Change starts with but a single person saying "No, I don't accept the status quo".
    A lot of non-change also starts with that.
    "No" can be, and often is, overruled.

    People always remember the succesful revolutions, but tend to ignore the failures that easily outnumber them a thousandfold.

    Which is not to say you shouldn't try, mind you, but you do need an actual good plan. And good plans start with good reason.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  3. #323
    That's cute as hell, always love seeing some weaklings flip

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    People need to stop expecting the government / game developer to solve their problems for them. Deal with it or move on.
    Or not. Governments and authorities of various kinds exist for reasons. One of these reasons is to protect those who are being attacked, or discriminated against.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Oh, no, it does not. Can you control the OP's actions? Can you control my actions? Can I control your actions?
    You can be vocal in the society about this kind of behavior not being okay, and if enough people are, it brings change. It happened so many times with so many issues it's just dumb to pretend that's not the case at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I do love shit like this. It's ok for a female to make fun of my height, something I cannot control, but when I say they are fat, something they can control, I'm in the wrong? WUT? Both are body shaming.
    Shaming or insulting someone else is never okay. I don't see anyone arguing otherwise. If you are someone who gets bullied a lot I can have some understanding as to why you would want to reciprocate, sure. But that is never the answer and you should do your best to be the better person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hey, thats a nice compliment right? Love women. Women that games, hot af. I might come off as "sexist" (not) for writing this to some, but come on, its allowed to think of the other gender as godesses. Right?
    Thinking that does not make you sexist, but thinking that might lead to weird interactions from your side that may or may not be received as sexist. Women are not goddesses, and treating them as such does not lead to healthy interaction with them. Women are human beings just like men. Try to consider them on your level, not below, not above, but on your level. Your world view will change so much you won't believe it.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-27 at 01:43 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Thinking that does not make you sexist, but thinking that might lead to weird interactions from your side that may or may not be received as sexist. Women are not goddesses, and treating them as such does not lead to healthy interaction with them. Women are human beings just like men. Try to consider them on your level, not below, not above, but on your level. Your world view will change so much you won't believe it.
    Dont take it so seriously. I dont involve myself with women, I have met the worst, but as a man, women are godesses, but more because they are attractive. Women can be worse than men. A lot worse.

    I am actually set to be single the rest of my life, because life is much easier that way. I also have two kids, so bringing more family stuff into their lives could make it worse for them so I choose not to. Because in our experience it makes life so much better for them, and me.

    Not an advice for everyone as we are different afterall. Havent met a women dating wise in 6 years. You know what? It feels great.

    The voice thing is a serious thing though, some women voices is very soothing. And women that games are hot imo, not necessarily because its sexy(that too) but gaming is for everyone. So the more women that games, the better
    Considering I have around 10 or 11 cutting edges you are wrong.


  6. #326
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    23,904
    To sum up almost 30 pages.
    There are misogynist bastards.
    There are racist fucks too.
    What to do about it? Cos I'm pretty sure the average player encountered it but not to an extent (with the more than likely exception of female players) care shit about it compared to more maps or heroes.

    Was that me being insensitive? More than likely but again not in terms of the average player.
    Make a online call, post it on twitter, the forum etc. I would aplaud you cos I dont think it has any place in Overwatch or anyplace else.
    Just dont let it end at a huge thread on a random forum doing nothing. The average player doesnt care cos they dont experience it as a commonplace proglem.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Dont take it so seriously. I dont involve myself with women, I have met the worst, but as a man, women are godesses, but more because they are attractive. Women can be worse than men. A lot worse.

    I am actually set to be single the rest of my life, because life is much easier that way. I also have two kids, so bringing more family stuff into their lives could make it worse for them so I choose not to. Because in our experience it makes life so much better for them, and me.

    Not an advice for everyone as we are different afterall. Havent met a women dating wise in 6 years. You know what? It feels great.

    The voice thing is a serious thing though, some women voices is very soothing. And women that games are hot imo, not necessarily because its sexy(that too) but gaming is for everyone. So the more women that games, the better
    You're 100% that creepy guy in discord whenever a girl talks

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You're 100% that creepy guy in discord whenever a girl talks
    And you're that judgmental and bitter person who thinks they can do no wrong while calling out the perceived failures of others.

    Am I doing this right?

    Now, I don't know anything about you. I may be wrong in my assessment. But you don't know anything about the person you responded to, and yet you thought nothing of doing the same thing to him that I did to you. Hmm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You can be vocal in the society about this kind of behavior not being okay, and if enough people are, it brings change. It happened so many times with so many issues it's just dumb to pretend that's not the case at this point.
    So be vocal about it. But do it in the appropriate place. What change do you think the members of this forum can bring? How many of us do you think work for Blizzard? (Protip: it's a lot less than you seem to think.)

    You might as well go yell at a fish tank and expect the same results. We have no power at Blizzard; we cannot do anything about this. And before you come back with "Yes, but you're part of the community", the OP didn't say "we should do something about the misogynists". She said "Blizzard should do something". So if you want Blizzard to make change, go to Blizzard.

    Hopefully that's not too dumb to follow. But thanks for the insult anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Thinking that does not make you sexist, but thinking that might lead to weird interactions from your side that may or may not be received as sexist. Women are not goddesses, and treating them as such does not lead to healthy interaction with them. Women are human beings just like men. Try to consider them on your level, not below, not above, but on your level. Your world view will change so much you won't believe it.
    Oh, and by the way, first, don't be so condescending. It's an unpleasant character trait in anyone, male or female. And second, he can't control how someone else perceives what he says. It's not his fault if he meant something as innocent and it was taken another way. He can only control his meaning, not the meaning others infer.

    I've only said that about eighteen times in this thread. You'd think one of these times it would freaking stick.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Change starts with but a single person saying "No, I don't accept the status quo".
    Yeah. Ask Liz Cheney how well that went for her.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    You're 100% that creepy guy in discord whenever a girl talks
    Hehe, who knows, maybe I am
    Considering I have around 10 or 11 cutting edges you are wrong.


  10. #330
    The Lightbringer chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Dont take it so seriously. I dont involve myself with women, I have met the worst, but as a man, women are godesses, but more because they are attractive. Women can be worse than men. A lot worse.

    I am actually set to be single the rest of my life, because life is much easier that way. I also have two kids, so bringing more family stuff into their lives could make it worse for them so I choose not to. Because in our experience it makes life so much better for them, and me.

    Not an advice for everyone as we are different afterall. Havent met a women dating wise in 6 years. You know what? It feels great.

    The voice thing is a serious thing though, some women voices is very soothing. And women that games are hot imo, not necessarily because its sexy(that too) but gaming is for everyone. So the more women that games, the better
    good lord what dross

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    good lord what dross
    Explaining yourself when someone misunderstand a post which is made with little seriousness is not "dross".

    To write what you just wrote however brings zero worth into a discussion, in a thread more or less done 20 days ago.
    Considering I have around 10 or 11 cutting edges you are wrong.


  12. #332
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,743
    I'd just rather the World purge People with thin skins. Stop getting so bent out of shape over fucking words.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Solry View Post
    Mysogyny is not a thing. Just a made up word. You don't see men whining when they are called incels, neckbeards, told that they have small dick energy by some stupid females and crying some misandry or another made up word that you put all the blame for all your problems on.
    Grow up.
    Aren't all words "made up"? Weird take

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I do love shit like this. It's ok for a female to make fun of my height, something I cannot control, but when I say they are fat, something they can control, I'm in the wrong? WUT? Both are body shaming.
    Who said that's okay? Context also matters. You sound pretty short tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'd just rather the World purge People with thin skins. Stop getting so bent out of shape over fucking words.
    Kinda weirder that you get so bent out of shape over other people being legitimately offended. You one of those people who are mad you can't say the n word?

  14. #334
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,743
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Kinda weirder that you get so bent out of shape over other people being legitimately offended. You one of those people who are mad you can't say the n word?
    Who says I can't say it? I can say whatever I want. People getting offended over banal words are just guttertrash-level annoyances on society.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Who says I can't say it? I can say whatever I want. People getting offended over banal words are just guttertrash-level annoyances on society.
    Damn, imagine being you can't say the n word.

    Oh wait you think you can. Go ahead then. Say it.

  16. #336
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    2,009
    This feels like an appropriate juncture to revive this thread.

    I mean, can we really all say with a straight face that Blizzard doesn't have a misogyny problem? That it's not prevalent throughout the communities they've created?
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  17. #337
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    This feels like an appropriate juncture to revive this thread.

    I mean, can we really all say with a straight face that Blizzard doesn't have a misogyny problem? That it's not prevalent throughout the communities they've created?
    Honestly it’s more about online gaming being overall garbage to women than blizzard faults.
    Speaking purely of their community. They are 100% at faults with their internal problems. But you can’t say that their games intrinsically favor misogyny by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  18. #338
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Honestly it’s more about online gaming being overall garbage to women than blizzard faults.
    Speaking purely of their community. They are 100% at faults with their internal problems. But you can’t say that their games intrinsically favor misogyny by themselves.
    I 100% agree. This is a community problem, but Blizzard needs to take some responsibility for the communities they've created.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  19. #339
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,960
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    This feels like an appropriate juncture to revive this thread.

    I mean, can we really all say with a straight face that Blizzard doesn't have a misogyny problem? That it's not prevalent throughout the communities they've created?
    Given that they're also on record as having discriminated against men and white people, I do not believe that the issue is with women so much as an issue with unchecked harassment across the board.

    Furthermore, I've seen a lot of women engage in online harassment. Especially towards other women, though towards straight acting gay men that politely turn them down when hit on as well.

    Are there a lot of creepy guys who hit on women and make them uncomfortable? Sure.

    Yet there's also a lot of creepy women who hit on men and make them uncomfortable as well as a lot of women who obsess over gay relationships and turn it into a fetish, otherwise known as 'fujoshi'.

    There are a lot of such types within role-playing communities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •