Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just /laugh back honestly. The pettiness of complaining what other people buy is always funny to me at least. The real irony is those who are mad at the deluxe buyers are still giving ActiBlizz money every month themselves.

You really want to stick it to Blizzard? Play on a private server.
    I love that some peoples addiction to this game is so strong, they dont consider "stop playing" to be an option. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I love that some peoples addiction to this game is so strong, they dont consider "stop playing" to be an option. Amazing.
    People apparently want to play WoW that bad but only their specific version of it. Quitting the game all together is certainly an option. It just confuses me why people will bitch hard about w/e Blizzard had done lately and they are still subbed to their product.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

People apparently want to play WoW that bad but only their specific version of it. Quitting the game all together is certainly an option. It just confuses me why people will bitch hard about w/e Blizzard had done lately and they are still subbed to their product.
    They have sections of the game they enjoy and see degrading the game to get more money out of its players as a negative.

People are buying mounts to feel special now they are. Seems like its the community reacting to a ingame problem.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    what is the point of the /spit emote if not to express disapproval?

Now if blizzard were smart what they would do is remove the emote, animate it, and make it a $10 microtransaction on the cash shop

Well there should be a granular scrutiny of people and their message. Usually when people voice their complaints, they do it out of concern or intent/wish to make things better based upon how it used to be/feel like it was (nostalgia). And as rough comparison, you can disagree with having to work, while simultaneously having to do so in order to get income to live. And you can also provide input to improve your relation with it or the action to a degree in order to make it better. Most people who have access to wow, very likely live in countries with social systems that will take care of them to some capacity if they don’t work. So we can already prove that working is as optional as playing wow. Yet the supposed hypocritical nature of doing work is something condoned, yet its behavior on paper can be distilled down to addiction, self-depreciation and insanity given how most people tend to describe their attitude toward it.

So I am not really getting the addiction angle with the exception of the true whales dumping thousands on cosmetics especially in later years (like you have to be cooked to buy a SSPT these days, and there are no doubt people buying 20 tokens per week regardless of gold value).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    They have sections of the game they enjoy and see degrading the game to get more money out of its players as a negative.

People are buying mounts to feel special now they are. Seems like its the community reacting to a ingame problem.
    This is pretty close to the mark. Pvp community is a good textbook example. You’ll see next to none participation for current gameplay metrics for arena junkies, and they just spam out arena all day for the entire season. Only stopping months after everyone else, and then claiming the entire thing was garbage.

Such a cesspool this thread is - who cares what other people buy or do - get a grip people

The closest thing i can think of is the individuals who say they HATE episode 7 after seeing it at the movies. Then buy the bluray, and a bunch of action figures. Then spend all day on the forums saying how bad the new starwars are. Then episode 8 releases, and they are inline for the midnight release, purchase the Bluray, buy some merch, and spend all day complaining about how bad they are.

Then episode 9 is coming, and they proclaim the series is dead, and everything about starwars is ruined. They attack anyone who dares suggest they actually enjoyed the movie. They also pay for a ticket for the midnight release, buy the bluray, buy a bunch of merch, and then buy the 7/8/9 box set to complete their collection, all for something they claim to hate. I find it very confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vecnuh View Post
    Such a cesspool this thread is - who cares what other people buy or do - get a grip people
    Honestly? Not very many people at all - just a handful of very jealous and nasty individuals.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did NOT purchase this product - it is not for sale - it doesnt exist.
    The CDs in my hands disagree with you.
    You are talking about trying to reclaim the cost of 1 month sub, even though you have admitting using roughly 1/4 of it already, by contacting your CC company and asking them to refund it.
    And they'll do it too.
    Micro transaction do not "suck", and have been in the game for well over a decade.
    TBC is 14 years old and predates it. Hence why people like TBC.
    Systems allowing those willing and able to spend cash on them have also been around since TBC - for some reason many of you have forgotten, or at least forget to mention RAF and the huge advantages it gave.
    No it hasn't and you're making things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvenfuere View Post
    There is a Weak Aura going around that automates the noble task of /spitting on Warpstalkers. It it shall continue to function regardless of Activision scrotum ticklers QQing.
    Message me how to do this, I want to do this.
    Im not even saying they wont introduce the token - lord knows there is plenty of demand for it, with many even on this very forum ASKING for the token to be introduced.
    Those people don't count as they're game developers. This forum is moderated by game developers who clearly have a bias in favor of micro-transactions. They do not speak for the community. More people follow Asmongold and he's against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Let me preface my post by advising you check my recent post history after you read this, especially the bit where I've made my feelings and opinions on external monetization for things that should be attainable ingame, because I just get this gut feeling you're going to read half of what I write and go off half-cocked when I'm trying to give you actual advice that will keep you out of trouble.
    Nobody is going to read your history, you're not important.
    First, that's not how fraud works. Every copy of WoW sold since 2005 has included the caveat that it features online play and that your experience is subject to change at any time.
    I know how fraud works but I don't give a damn. I give so little damn that I accuse you of fraud without any proof, rhyme, or reason behind it.
    You paying for access to a service, making use of the service, then putting a stop payment on your credit card, is the literal legal definition of fraud.
    They changed the deal by introducing micro-transactions, so I consider it fraud. Now I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further. You don't like it then don't accept credit cards.
    Do not do this unless you like the idea of getting charged and tried in criminal court.
    I do it all the time, that's the only reason I still use credit cards. Go use your scare tactics on someone stupid.

Second: PvP happens, if you're level 18 it doesn't matter if you get ganked by someone's boosted alt or if they came by and rolled you on their main. If getting ganked upsets you this badly, level on a PvE server.
    You're missing the point, but I doubt you will ever understand. They paid to win, regardless if it's PvP or PvE. You can shrug it off as much as you want, but they won with money. Not with time, not with skill, not with luck, but with money. Go ahead and spin it as if I'm wrong, but I'm not.
    Third, you're going off the handle on a token that hasn't been announced yet, and very likely won't make it ingame unless, like with retail, Blizzard considers the fight against gold sellers a lost cause.
    Blizzard hasn't done enough against bots and gold sellers. Why should they when their solution is making you pay more money? Instead of paying someone to sit there and listen to trade and banning people.
    Note how gold sellers in retail disappeared nearly overnight once Blizzard began offering a means to buy gold without putting peoples' account at risk--the best way to combat a black market is to pull the market out from under them.
    Open up LFG and you'll find them everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How was this never an issue with the other CEs over 16 years?
    Have you not noticed the game declined rapidly after WOTLK? It was always an issue but most people just ignored the fact that it turned people off from the game and left. It isn't the micro-transactons, it's the children who are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well the existence of shop items is fueled by people buying them.

Getting hate whispers can probably be punished.

But as far as the insult commands supplied by the game and ignores and kicks .. good luck with that.
    There were exclusive items and deluxe versions back in TBC anyway, stop acting like an asshat.

OnT: Just mass report Them, Blizzard will handle it as any kind of harassement and can ofc ban.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    And yet blizzard included the emote to spit on someone, explicitly states that camping and griefing isn't something they consider harassment, etc. Essentially, this is a video game (like you said). Any lack of comradery you feel, ostracization, etc, is on you and not harassment in their eyes.
    Except it is and Blizzard bans for ongoing harassment whether that's emote harassment or messages Makes me think of that ban wave from back in Wrath where they banned a fuck ton of PvPers for spamming /spit into their abilities, it is harassment even if you refuse to acknowledge it as such.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2021-05-31 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Try using the CDs without an eligible account and let us know when you understand ownership rights and a TOS/EULA.

And they'll do it too.

TBC is 14 years old and predates it. Hence why people like TBC.

No it hasn't and you're making things up.
    So much wrong here. First, I didnt say you did not purchase the game in 2007 - i said you did not and cannot purchase it right now. Read what you initially wrote, and what was replied to. Additionally, those CDS are worth exactly nothing without an account to link them to.

Second, stop bragging about your intention to commit a crime - its really not smart, and all it does is show how petty you are, but your insistence on trying to get a refund of such a small amount could go a long way to explaining why you are so upset about these things. As many others are saying, a lot of the people who are throwing a tantrum about this simply cannot afford the products, and are very jealous about it.

RAF was introduced in 2008 I believe. Wrath launched in 2008, November from memory. What i cant remember is if RaF was introduced before or after wrath launch.

I really would stop bragging about committing fraud - talking about illegal activities is against the rules on this site. I see in a response to someone else that you very smugly brag about committing fraud "all the time" - not a smart idea.

To be fair, i think this quote says everything there is to know about you:

I know how fraud works but I don't give a damn. I give so little damn that I accuse you of fraud without any proof, rhyme, or reason behind it.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-05-31 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Great dude but that’s fucking juvenile and stupid.
    So that's juvenile and has absolutely NO impact but whining about that juvenile behavior online isn't also inn the same boat? What? Also, op is clearly proving it does have at least some impact by virtue of creating a thread at all... So what of you think it's juvenile? I think it's juvenile to get your jimmies rustled over someone /spitting on you in a game.

Have you not noticed the game declined rapidly after WOTLK? It was always an issue but most people just ignored the fact that it turned people off from the game and left. It isn't the micro-transactons, it's the children who are wrong.
    You are making a surprising error here - for someone so committed to this argument, you really should look into causation vs correlation, because you are embarrassingly confusing the two.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I only do it for the completely in green geared "fresh from the printer" heroes who ruin your bg expierence by being useless. If enough report they get removed rather quickly or atleast get the "hey you are afk-debuff" which ironically many dont manage to get off them before being kicked (aka they are afk for real (or bots..))

Whats wrong with using a service that is provided within the game like report afk?

We need a weakaura for this that detects every boosted andy and lets everyone know that someone reported them so we can get rid of the trash easier.
    Misusing the reporting system should be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I only do it for the completely in green geared "fresh from the printer" heroes who ruin your bg expierence by being useless. If enough report they get removed rather quickly or atleast get the "hey you are afk-debuff" which ironically many dont manage to get off them before being kicked (aka they are afk for real (or bots..))

Whats wrong with using a service that is provided within the game like report afk?

We need a weakaura for this that detects every boosted andy and lets everyone know that someone reported them so we can get rid of the trash easier.
    Maybe you should read the Code of Conduct.

Link (see Behaviors, paragraph 2): https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.
    That should answer your question about “what’s wrong with falsely reporting people I don’t like so they can’t play”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Misusing the reporting system should be punished.
    Thankfully, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    It's called jealousy
    i think disgust is the word you are looking for.

I very much doubt these ppl want to have that mount, they loath it.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Do you actually think this? Like, in your heart of hearts, do you actually think that Classic is supposed to be some monetization-free "DAE OLD BLIZZARD GOOD NEW BLIZZARD BAD" safe haven? Because I promise you Blizzard doesn't give a fuck and if you're continuing to give a company that you disagree with on such a fundamental level money than you're part of the reason they keep pulling shit like this. Either all of it's okay or none of it's okay.
    The funny part is he actually thinks this way and at the same time has admitted to only playing classic for a week total lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misery loves company.

I bought the product back in 2007, so I ain't returning nothing. The service is why I'm refunding and it sucks. Assuming they push for Tokens.

Micro-transactions suck and I'm not going to be a part of it. Please join the cause.
    Do virtual pixels that dont affect you at all hurt you so much? You know, collectors edition collectables, something that exist since literally vanilla, but for some reason NOW are bad.

You should really start thinking for yourself and watch less asmontard.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-05-31 at 05:48 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..