Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I just got world first killing Gruul with a Brewfest Hat and a shovel while singing Nightsong over the comms. Clearly, this requires a thread.
    Bold of you to assume I haven't been doing this on Friday nights for years!
    Back to topic, Classic wow showed that yes, many players are better nowadays and many are still awful.
    I pride myself on knowing I'm bad, which is slightly better off than thinking I'm good. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    It rewards cowardly and low-skillcap gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    video's or it didn't happen. Just playing, but I do kind of want to see that.
    Shit, my bluff got called.
    I don't have a Brewfest Hat..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    So you took my fame from me? HAVE AT YE *brandishes shovel*

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    For a child yes, but if you are an adult I have bad news..
    so are you saying that
    classic content is hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    so are you saying that
    classic content is hard?
    I suggest you read my first post again, if you still cant get what I am saying then finish elementary school first and then come back.

But no I am not saying that. I said that people mistake difficulty with the difficulty of the content, when the difficulty comes from competition (Which classic doesnt really have).

Running 100 meters is easy, running 100 meters faster than Usain Bolt is hard. Killing bosses is easy, but doing it faster than your competition is not if there are 1 000 000 other tryhards doing it.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-06-05 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Back to topic, Classic wow showed that yes, many players are better nowadays and many are still awful.
    I pride myself on knowing I'm bad, which is slightly better off than thinking I'm good. /s
    Why would that be a point of pride? Bad is still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Lol it's been longer then 8 yes bucko. I was I think 3 or 4 when this came out. So it's a world first to me
    You first is not a world first.
    You are not important or special.
    The world does not revolve around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    World first was like 15 years ago. Threads like this are so idiotic.
    Not for TBC classic it wasn't. Comments like this are so idiotic.
    Garbagelands xD

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The correct connotation would be “Classic World First”.
    This thread is literally in the "classic wow" section of the forum, everything is about classic no need to mention it specifically.

So sorry this isn't a post about the semantics of "world first" or "classic first" but out of curiosity what kind of comp did they use, did they struggle with any bosses, did they stack consumes crazy, or did the bosses just sort of fall over?
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    So sorry this isn't a post about the semantics of "world first" or "classic first" but out of curiosity what kind of comp did they use, did they struggle with any bosses, did they stack consumes crazy, or did the bosses just sort of fall over?
    They wiped 8 times on Magtheridon.

Yes they used a lot of consumables, and eight hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This thread is literally in the "classic wow" section of the forum, everything is about classic no need to mention it specifically.
    That’s just an inference and doesn’t take away from the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hunh it's gotta be a bit of a buzzkill to get a classic-first Magtheridon kill...and not parse 100? How's that even work lol, viewed the log after other people had done it?
    17 hazed on the Golemagg "cinematic": https://i.imgur.com/nlZM3cj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Idk why people are so bitter. Who cares if people cleared the current tier 2 days in?
    They aren't bitter, it's just mainly retail players trying to take any pretext to go shit on Classic. It's been the case since before Classic even released, the butthurt is real.
    Meanwhile, 95 % of players aren't even in Netherstorm yet, I'm having an absolute blast to the point that I'm whining because I need to go work and stop geeking all day, and I see people wiping regularly in NORMAL instance.
    Raid content will be plenty "hard enough" for the overwhelming majority of people and probably even "downright hard" for, dare I say, a good amount of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ah, the usually idiotic thread filled with 90 % of retards who try to act all vindicated because people who already did the content, are among the best players of the world and have been able to prepare for it, down to optimizing their leveling path, for months, manage to do it quickly
    And still manage to wipe to... not clicking cubes.
    Voidshuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I always thought the sports-world obsession with moronic "first ever" stats (x player is the first to ever score 15 3-pointers in a home game while wearing black shoes and scoring 10 assists and 5 rebounds) because I didn't think anyone was actually interested.

And then along comes "world first" on content that was already cleared 14 years ago.

Look, whatever, you want to say it's a "TBC Classic world first", fine. Will you also celebrate and make a thread about the "world first mythic sire 9.1" when the new patch comes out? Did anyone call it a new "world first" when someone cleared x raid on a newly released server back in actual TBC/Wrath? It's like those people who find the most niche possible game that no one else plays and then start "speedrunning" it so they can say they have the world record at it... Congrats I guess, but 99.99% of everyone who has ever played a videogame doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And still manage to wipe to... not clicking cubes.
    Maybe it means the fight isn't as easy as it's laughed to be then.

Or they're not very good, hence why they're struggling with an easy mechanic in TBC Classic instead of doing mythic on retail.
    Voidshuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Or they're not very good, hence why they're struggling with an easy mechanic in TBC Classic instead of doing mythic on retail.
    If you say so. Wouldn't want to stand between you and your denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    pshaw, l2click

oh the fight is easy no getting around that

but that doesnt mean people dont make silly mistakes or arent taking it seriously for the first few times,i mean method and limit have their fair share of examples of silly mistakes on even easier stuff than clicking a cube

our guild got helya mythic down in like top 100 eu,we got a world first speed kill in en,killed kj before the nerfs(hardest shit i ever done by the end of it i was on autopilot)

so fairly decent group you would think?well those same players wiped for 2 hours on nythendra >_<