How to Reduce Computer Noise?

Hi Everyone! Can anyone help me in solving my problem? My Computer is making much noise when I turn it On, right after 5-10 minutes. It starts making noise. Can you help me in this?
    Last edited by johnsteao88; 2021-06-02 at 06:19 PM. Reason: mistake

Buy semi silent PSU and GPU.
    Then there won't be any fan noise from them under low load.
    Disable all pc case Fans and see if that helps.

Only thing you can't really disable is the cpu fan. But there are lots of options to choose from.

Maybe plug a microphone in your phone and hold the microphone at different fans in your pc to see where the noise is coming from.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-06-01 at 08:21 AM.

Is it running at 69 degrees Celsius? If so, it will always be Noice

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.. what noice exactly are we talking about? Fans ramping up? "Whining" sounds? Other weird sounds?

Cleanup the pc, dirt force the fans to run faster, check if programs are putting load on the cpu. If needed, replace the CPU cooler with a silent one, if you can't, maybe replace the fan of the cooler. You can also underclock/undervolt if needed.

If the noise come from the GPU (in game for example, if not linked to the CPU), there is not a lot that you can do after cleaning. Aftermarket coolers are hard to come by... But you can try to underclock/undercoat the GPU.

As said by Viikkis and GnomeEU, you need to find the source of the noise to get more detailed help.
    Last edited by Jiai; 2021-06-01 at 08:41 AM.

sorry for trolling but loool noice xD
    on a serious note:
    first find the source of the noise, than google the solution, until you get it right (that's how computer guy would do it anyway)
    boring tips: clean the fans, replace thermal paste on cpu and gpu
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience most of the fan noise that is actually noticeable other than the standard background whirr comes from GPU fans (Since they are smaller and generally need to move faster for a similar air flow.)

If it IS the GPU fans causing most of the noise you can either try replacing them, putting a bit of mineral oil lubricant (sometimes called 2 in 1) on the bearing, or altering your fan speeds via a tool such as MSI Afterburner by creating a more appropriate temperature curve instead of it being at a stupid speed when the card isn't under load and temps are fine.

If it is caused by your graphics card; mine was the same until I changed my fan speed curve on Afterburner. On default it runs at flat 40% all the way up to 30c which is way more than is needed for such a low temperature. I changed it so that I have a much smoother ramp up where i'm only hitting 50% at around 50c after which it shoots up in speed (quicker than on default) when the card is ACTUALLY getting to dangerous temperatures.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-06-01 at 09:22 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    What type of noise are you experiencing? What's that noise? Is it a beep, whine or rattling? Can you tell us a bit more about your system.

It's rattling sound and my system is i5 8th generation with 4 GB RAM and 128GB SSD.

Rattling sounds like a broken fan or HDD

also:

try replacing your case and/or cpu fans

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteao88 View Post
    Hi Everyone! Can anyone help me in solving my problem? My Computer is making much noise when I turn it On, right after 5-10 minutes. It starts making noise. Can you help me in this?
    So you did an edit on your post because of 'mistakes' but I'm still lost in your statement.... lets see if I'm following you correctly:

1. You turn on your computer it making noise.
    2. 5-10 minutes later it starts making noise.
    3. Can we help you?

Hmmm. You can hear the noise but you can't pinpoint where it's coming from. Is it coming from your computer or does it only happen when you're listening to your headphones and you turn on music?

Also replacing a case will do nothing. It's the hardware you attach to it that makes the noise. There's sound dampening products of all types you can use.

More times than not, it's a bad bearing on a fan. Replace your fans, find something with low noise output, it's an filter on most pc part stores when you search. dBa levels. Look into it.

Most of the time there is issue with fan that cause whir or rattling sound. So the only possible solution is to clean your PC regularly and use liquid cooling system. You can follow this guide for more in depth solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    My GPU also makes noice, despite it being brand new. I can help it by using a custom fan curve to avoid the speed at which it makes the rattling noice. Or if I turn the whole case horizontally, that eliminates the noice as well. So it's probably hanging too much and gravity causes it.

Dust can also be a cause sometimes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!