Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Flying should have been released way earlier. So many people have left already and I don't see them coming back until the next expansion, which I'm sure they'll repeat the same mistake again.
    They haven't left due to flying if they left, but hey keep up with the crowd that makes this claim every expansion. Half the people I see claiming they quit sure spend a lot of time on wow related content for not playing the game to where I'm 90% sure they're lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I'll bite.
    Your armory DH and paladin Benedict appear to be on the same account, same server and same guild. However neither one is very well progressed, having only 3 keys done for the entire expac, one of them being purchased for the DH and no raid progress to speak of, nor pvp. No judgement, just observed criteria.
    The character Sanstos is on a different EU account. That character has KSM, no keys above 15 and no raid progress, their last key was a month ago, probably quit because this patch sucks.

If we, myself and other dear readers were to presume you linked a random KSM whom was below renown 40 to prove a point, you're mistaken. Renown past unlocking the last conduit node is not needed for power gains. I myself raid logged for 3 months and still got renown 40 without trying as once I got Niya's Burrs, renown means fuck all to me.

Given that you only got AotC last month just screams "I didn't bother to play SL and I'm annoyed I have to earn the basic things everyone else did because I may or may not have had IRL issues."
    IRL issues are fine, just be honest and say "Man, I didn't get to play SL. I would have liked a path finder style achievement, grinding renown since coming back has been annoying."
    Instead we have, this. Well played.
    So yeah, if you can clear Heroic Castle Nathria twice and you're a MoP challenge mode title holder, I thought you'd have your own made up standards.
    Wrong. I didn't get to not play, SHADOWLANDS SUCKS! Im sorry. WoD was Legion in comparison.

And I did bait and catch you. Its a sign of a dying game because thats just not my reality, thats a shit load of other peoples reality. WoW sucks with flying and without.

Just here for the people who still play the game until something better comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Because of the longest delay for the first content patch in WOW history, flight should be added NOW! At least people leveling alts or finishing up covenant stuff can do it much quicker.
    If flying changes anything that you're so obviously upset about I'd be shocked....More than likely just another veiled attempt to make the complaint about flying to be about something else so you can just do god knows whatever while doing world quests in an even more mind numbing manner.

Inb4 Flying costs like 50k anima and everyone coming back for 9.1 has to do 2 months of farming for that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You catch up by killing the weekly world boss, doing the covenant campaign, doing the daily callings, doing the 1000 anima quest, rescuing souls from the maw.

Even my freshest lv 60 alts are like renown 25. You literally have to avoid playing the game to get renown.

Or as I said be only interested in raids, 5 mans and pvp in which case you don't even need flying
    Raiding and 5 mans also give renown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Tbf getting boost for ksm doesn’t take that long. Check their key history on rio.
    That's why I winked. Dunno, I'm not going to assume anything, but at that low a renown level, 10 bosses in CN and 8 +15 end bosses would pretty much all give you renown. So basically Sanstos has logged in to do that, but can't be bothered to spend the small amount of time it would take to do the 2 weekly renown quests each week, or complete the campaign?

Each to their own obviously, you play the game how you want, but then complaining about having to do stuff to get flying? Come on...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This always cracks me up: The first ppl to answer to these post are the ones who apparently quit a long time ago.

Stalker syndrome or something? And yeah @TheRevenantHero - your posts really baffled me. I have zero idea how casual you have to be to NOT have reached renown 40 on a toon. Even if you skip the campaign, EVERYTHING gives renown. World boss? 1 level. collect 5 souls in the maw? 1 level. Collect 1000 Anima (not even necessarily within one week)? 1 level. Occassionaly do 3 WQs for you Covenant? 1 level. We are 6 months into the game...if anyone is THAT casual to not have renown 40....I dare say they quit and don't need flying. And even if you are renown 30 or so and really want to get to 44....even that will happen with little to no effort.

Complaining about the renown level is an all time low of bitching for bitching's sake.

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time with a cost attached? MoP? You do the required quests / achievements and earn it. Bam..you fly. Well...that is how I remember it in Legion and BfA
    It actually says "purchase" in the post, so they aren't wrong in asking what the cost is. It doesn't say it unlocks flying but rather the ability to purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    I seriously hope that's a joke. One of my characters has less than 2 days /played at 60 and is already at renown 40 - if people haven't hit 40 by now, they're doing something extremely wrong.

A full runthrough of Castle Nathria (on any level, including LFR) is usually 6-10 renown levels.
    The campaign is ~10 levels
    Callings usually yields 1 every 3rd day or so.
    Heroics/Mythics are usually atleast 1 per dungeon
    You have two weekly quests that each gives one renown each.
    Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Wrong. I didn't get to not play, SHADOWLANDS SUCKS! Im sorry. WoD was Legion in comparison.

And I did bait and catch you. Its a sign of a dying game because thats just not my reality, thats a shit load of other peoples reality. WoW sucks with flying and without.

Just here for the people who still play the game until something better comes.
    About what I expected. Paid for your +15s because the game sucks, ran the raid numerous times because the game sucks. Leveled 2 characters to 60 because the game sucks.
    It's fine that you're boosted, the runners need buyers I guess.
    As long as you admit to trolling I don't really care, I'm literally at work waiting for a contractor and have nothing better to do than aid you in your attempts to put your foot in your mouth. 10/10 for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    If by now you're still not at 40 renown, the flying requirements shouldn't bother you since you barely play the game. Like... you just had to do the bare minimum, not even every week, but probably every two weeks. If you're not logging in once every two weeks, what do you need flying (in Shadowlands) for? And if you're logging in, what are you doing that you're not 40 renown yet? Practically every activity gives renown.

Like, I'm serious. How can you not be at 40 renown over 6 months into the expansion, but somehow need the flying?

EDIT: Let me reiterate. The catch up mechanism works in such a way that it passively rewards you for just doing the content of Shadowlands. You must go super out of your way to not be caught up by now, like idk not looting bosses / chests or not handing in Callings, not doing world bosses. I ask again - what do you need flying for? Flying makes all of the things that award renown easier - but since you're not maxed out yet, it means you aren't doing these things, meaning it doesn't matter if you have flying.

Like, what is this non issue.
    I got to 39 renown on kyrian before I switched to venthyr and then I got to 38 renown when starting sludgefist prog. We killed sludgefist and now I'm at 39. Doing SLG prog so we haven't reset the instance and I'm still at 39 and I've just been raid logging.

Let us fly in Orbios and thru portals to each zone

can't wait to fly in the zones that are no longer relevant poggers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    this flying gating is getting really annoying
    Yeah - the sooner they just ditch flying altogether the better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    About what I expected. Paid for your +15s because the game sucks, ran the raid numerous times because the game sucks. Leveled 2 characters to 60 because the game sucks.
    It's fine that you're boosted, the runners need buyers I guess.
    As long as you admit to trolling I don't really care, I'm literally at work waiting for a contractor and have nothing better to do than aid you in your attempts to put your foot in your mouth. 10/10 for effort.
    Its not my fault Blizzard put a gold ATM. Go bitch at them, not me LOL. Its not MY game.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - the sooner they just ditch flying altogether the better.
    if you want to ditch flying classic era is that way ----->

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not my fault Blizzard put a gold ATM. Go bitch at them, not me LOL. Its not MY game.
    If the game sucks so bad why are you even spending money on it? Why bother to buy the prestige of KSM or a Heroic clear?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    No one (in this thread at least) is complaining about Blizzard putting in a gold ATM. We're just amused at the fact you hardly play the game, yet complain when you then have to do some sort of effort to unlock flying. Not surprised you don't see the irony in that.

As others have pointed out, if you hardly play the game, and even hate the expansion, why do you want to be able to fly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If the game sucks so bad why are you even spending money on it? Why bother to buy the prestige of KSM or a Heroic clear?
    That too. Not sure what the prices are currently, but last I was in Oribos it was over 1 million gold for KSM... That's about 5 WoW tokens? €100 spent on getting KSM for a game you hate.

Baffles my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    No one (in this thread at least) is complaining about Blizzard putting in a gold ATM. We're just amused at the fact you hardly play the game, yet complain when you then have to do some sort of effort to unlock flying. Not surprised you don't see the irony in that.

As others have pointed out, if you hardly play the game, and even hate the expansion, why do you want to be able to fly?

- - - Updated - - -

That too. Not sure what the prices are currently, but last I was in Oribos it was over 1 million gold for KSM... That's about 5 WoW tokens? €100 spent on getting KSM for a game you hate.

Baffles my mind.
    Why not? They should just install a WoW ATM for that too, I wouldn't be here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not? They should just install a WoW ATM for that too, I wouldn't be here.
    I can see that going down well, being able to purchase flying for real money

Again, if the game sucks so bad, and you hardly play because of it, why are you here posting and complaining about having to do some sort of effort to unlock flying... for a game you think sucks and don't hardly play...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There are plenty of people who don't no-life the game and aren't at 40. Or people who have taken a break. The grind required for this is actually worse than the profession grinds in the past.
    Doing 15 minutes of time-gated quests once a week for 16 weeks is no-lifing now? Please tell me you never played EQ or UO.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.