Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tarisland - Chinese WoW-like F2P MMO for PC and mobile, western release in 2024

I remember hearing about this game before, but I couldn't find a thread about it.

Yesterday the was a (sponsored) video by The Lazy Peon regarding the game. It's actually better than I expected, though I'm personally not that interested in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese and F2P are two words enough to keep me away from this. No matter how it looks.

I want to play it, ofcourse at least try it.

Is the chinese WoW clone.
    i think there was some drama about official advertisement saying "no pay to win whatsoever" and then they EDITED the advertisement to something else...since there will be somewhat of a p2w indeed.

I think this was the one MMO that did that, not sure.

edit: it was this one

Hello garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Presentation looks a bit too generic for my tastes, but other than that it looks alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be okay/10 and that's about it.

Yeah, gonna avoid this like the plague... the Chinese love their gatcha to the brim shit with P2W.

I'm sure we can totally trust the Chinese to not put spyware on your computer when you install this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'll try it if it's F2P and especially since it'll be available on mobile.

But hot damn does it look soul less after I saw the PAID PROMOTION from Peon yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'll try it if it's F2P and especially since it'll be available on mobile.

But hot damn does it look soul less after I saw the PAID PROMOTION from Peon yesterday.
    Thats the problem of Themepark WoW clones...they end up being too much "on rails" with markers and pointers...so the world ends up feeling souless.
    I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generic MMO aside, how is this a WoW clone? Are we back to calling any MMORPG a WoW clone?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Big Thanks View Post
    Thats the problem of Themepark WoW clones...they end up being too much "on rails" with markers and pointers...so the world ends up feeling souless.
    I think.
    When I think "soul less" I think more in regards to artstyle and individualization. And this is the antithesis of that. The freaking character model demonstrates NO sense of progression at least for the first 30 levels that he played through.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Generic MMO aside, how is this a WoW clone? Are we back to calling any MMORPG a WoW clone?
    Just because of the first trailer.
    Deathwing and alliance airships on it, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because of the first trailer.
    Deathwing and alliance airships on it, haha.
    Lol, I just looked up the trailer. I take back what I said.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese, f2p and the lazy peon.

Three things I stay far away from
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

3+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, looks ok to me.
    Might try it.

Also appears to have a Necromancer class that doesn't look like a Death Knight. Based.
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2024-04-01 at 07:50 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Not digging the plastic action figure aesthetic.

It looks pretty cheap tbh but personally im done with mmo's, I'd rather play a Sinple player game with a decent story or a multiplayer game where you can just drop in and drop out whenever you feel like it.

A friend of one of my friends thinks Tarisland is gonna be the next big thing so he decided to make a website alike to WoWhead but for Tarisland.

I think he is crazy But sure, i will play it on launch.

I think.
    Markers and pointers were always what players wanted. Not all of them, but clearly most, considering how popular quest helper addons/sites were for WoW, before Blizzard just put markers into the game by default. Also considering how most modern "open world" games are just a collection of markers.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but that part is on the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.