Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, this is a simple reality of your circumstance. If you are poor as shit, and have bad finances, then most banks and investors won't want to take that risk.
    Ok...so it doesn't just take a "great idea" and not everyone can get loans or investment for their ideas. Glad it took precisely one post to acknowledge that context exists and such an absolute statement like you made is painfully incorrect.

So now we're back to banks and investors favoring loaning money to...folks who already have money because they're less risky. That's fine and all, but do you not see the vicious circle that creates, just a little bit?

Remember, it's not just about having an idea, but a real plan to market it, create it, and implement it.
    None of which matters if you don't have the initial capitol to back it up so...yeah.

Would you take that risk?
    This ain't about me, Machismo. This is about your claim that, and I'll quote you here -

If I were poor as shit, and had a good idea, then finding investors shouldn't be too difficult.
    To which you immediately disagreed with yourself in your response above.

I'm not the one trying to strip freedoms.
    Yes you are, you are intentionally setting up a system where you have the freedom to take others freedoms from them while they are under duress.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Okay, I'm out. That's enough intellectually dishonest bullshit for me for one day.

Someone give me a nudge if Machismo ever starts to actually discuss things, rather than just ignoring inconvenient facts in favour of his "fuck the poor" wet dream.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Society's success isn't the reason Gates is worth more than God. I get that we want to take credit, so we can justify taking their money... but that's not what happened.

Gates had a great idea, worked his ass of, and marketed it very well. Did he have employees who helped? Absolutely. And they also got paid for their work.
    Ok, flag on the play. Gates didn't have a great idea. He bought his great idea and sold it to someone else. He is the very definition of "Right place, right time" or being a lucky asshole.

He didn't make DOS, he bought it. The only thing he did that would be considered smart, and that is because IBM was frankly stupid on their part, is not sign a non-compete clause which allowed him to sell it to other companies.

You are the one who posted the disingenuous article trying to equate income to wealth. So, take it up with Propublica.

Wealth taxes have been halted, because they are a pain in the ass. Quantifying someone's wealth isn't nearly as easy as you may think. Shit, even quantifying my wealth would be a pain in the ass, and I have relatively few assets. How do you calculate the value of my company? That alone makes it difficult.

Publicly-traded companies are easier to determine, that's just a matter of stock prices and value. But, even then, they could purposefully tank stock prices to decrease that value. Or, trolls could ramp up the stock prices, like they did with Gamestop. Imagine having to pay taxes on that bubble.

Under Warren's plan, that would be 6% above $1 billion. That alone is $120 million.
    Again, misrepresenting the article.

There are countries a already have wealth taxes. Switzerland not only has a wealth tax, it’s also different for each Canton. Yet somehow they manage.

Sounds like a better managed financial system is in order. That’s a great idea. Nice to see you contribute.

The company with $3B worth, $1B revenues and a 20% profit margin would then pay $140M against a $200M profit. I guess with only $60M in net profit, In-And-Out will have to slow their expansion a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Okay, I'm out. That's enough intellectually dishonest bullshit for me for one day. Someone give me a nudge if Machismo ever starts to actually discuss things, rather than just ignoring inconvenient facts in favour of his "fuck the poor" wet dream.
    Won't hsppen. He's too invested in his own shit. His own filth sustains him. For all his supposed criticism of Trump, it turns out he's just like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Okay, I'm out. That's enough intellectually dishonest bullshit for me for one day.

Someone give me a nudge if Machismo ever starts to actually discuss things, rather than just ignoring inconvenient facts in favour of his "fuck the poor" wet dream.
    Yeah. It's abundantly clear that all he has, are euphemisms.

Just like how Republicans say "securing jobs" or "states rights". It's just marketing, basically. Make something shitty sound more palatable to the masses. And that's what Machismo is doing. He can't say what he actually believes. He just repeats the same euphemisms. He want's to be an asshole, and not get called an asshole.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-09-03 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Since so many are responding, and I have a busy evening... I'll just type one thing.

The entire topic is based on a flawed premise. Hell, even the people who want to go back to the good ole days of 75%+ income tax couldn't touch what a lot of people want to do.

And yes, to put that in perspective, a 75% income tax would mean Bezos would owe about $2.2 billion over that 5-year span. I don't think for a second that it would satisfy the people in this thread.

That says far more about you guys, than it does anyone else.

based on what metric? Are we talking total value, or as compared to the amount they pay in taxes?
    No metrics at all. You're totally right, Amazon and Wal Mart barely if ever use roads. They never use the courts and sure I'm Wal mart especially doesn't get significant portion of their income from welfare while also a significant portion of their workforce is supplemented by welfare.

Thank you for setting me straight.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No metrics at all. You're totally right, Amazon and Wal Mart barely if ever use roads. They never use the courts and sure I'm Wal mart especially doesn't get significant portion of their income from welfare while also a significant portion of their workforce is supplemented by welfare.

Thank you for setting me straight.
    No, I'm just calling into question that argument, because it seems to be based on feels, and I want to know exactly how that conclusion is reached.

And yes, to put that in perspective, a 75% income tax would mean Bezos would owe about $2.2 billion over that 5-year span. I don't think for a second that it would satisfy the people in this thread.
    A different billionaire would satisfy me with that amount.

Amazon would have to reimburse the states for every penny of sales tax they didn’t collect. Then I would be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    A different billionaire would satisfy me with that amount.

Amazon would have to reimburse the states for every penny of sales tax they didn’t collect. Then I would be satisfied.
    Did they break any laws?

If you are going for grandfathering in punishment, then imagine being able to sue a woman who got an abortion 10 years ago...

No, I'm just calling into question that argument, because it seems to be based on feels, and I want to know exactly how that conclusion is reached.
    Yes, how can any of be sure that Amazon uses roads to deliver their products.

Jesus fucking christ.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Yes, how can any of be sure that Amazon uses roads to deliver their products.

Jesus fucking christ.
    They do use roads, so do people. Is it based on straight dollar amount, or based on the amount of tax revenue generated? Or, is it another metric?

afk, tequila.

As I said, corrupt laws means it's all good to libertarians since they know their golden idols pay off their politicians to make such laws.

Did they break any laws?

If you are going for grandfathering in punishment, then imagine being able to sue a woman who got an abortion 10 years ago...
    Punishment? There's no punishment. They gave people an artificially good deal. If you're going to give someone a taxes-in deal, that implies the business is covering the tax part. I'm expected to surrender sales taxes to the government regardless of what I charge. They're just paying back taxes. That's not punishment. That's your legal duty.

They do use roads, so do people. Is it based on straight dollar amount, or based on the amount of tax revenue generated? Or, is it another metric?

afk, tequila.
    Who uses and benefits more from roads, the Jones two houses down with a combined income of $60,0000 or Amazon????????

Its a mystery no one can ever know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can get a small-business loan?
    For a number of reasons this is completely meaningless. Its also totally untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What freedoms? Why ask me a question when you're just going to tell me I'm wrong and "correct" me? Just cut to the chase and get to correcting whatever wrong answer I'd give.
    The freedom to hoard as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    For a number of reasons this is completely meaningless. Its also totally untrue.
    Don't worry, he already contradicted himself on that one and admitted that no, not anyone can get a small-business loan or investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since so many are responding, and I have a busy evening... I'll just type one thing.

The entire topic is based on a flawed premise. Hell, even the people who want to go back to the good ole days of 75%+ income tax couldn't touch what a lot of people want to do.

That says far more about you guys, than it does anyone else.
    Wherein you make up a false premise that nobody was arguing at the outset, to manufacture a false character attack you have no basis for whatsoever and aim it at everyone else in the thread.

You are, again, just engaging in empty lies and personal attacks, because you can't make your case on data and facts and rational analysis.