10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not self-governing, you are literally calling to govern others.
    Only by taking control of the means of production, which does indeed involve getting rid of all hierarchical structures.. which in turn leads to billionaires losing most of the assets they own.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Only by taking control of the means of production, which does indeed involve getting rid of all hierarchical structures.. which in turn leads to billionaires losing most of the assets they own.
    "We'll totally get rid of government, by making government all-powerful!!!"

No wonder the Stalinists ae a skidmark on history.

Luckily, we live in capitalistic times, to avoid authoritarianism such as that. The desire to attack people, just because they have more, is pure selfishness.

If everything is legal, what's the problem?
    Every person in this thread takes advantage of every tax "loophole" they can to minimize their taxes. (Well if you don't, you're stupid)
    Why are richer people expected not to do this?
    If you don't like the tax laws, get them changed. Until then, everyone has a right to legally minimize their taxes paid.

I literally asked... and you said you had no idea.

What I have been "rabbling" on about, is that this is just an attempt to punish the wealthy, which it is.

You claimed Bezos to be a thief, yet when pressed, couldn't back that up... either.
    You were given an answer.

Its not an attempt to punish the wealthy.

I gave two examples of Amazon's sales tax evasion but Amazon didn't charge sales tax within the US for decades. This is a well-known fraud but you would rather ramble on about 401k's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    If everything is legal, what's the problem?
    Every person in this thread takes advantage of every tax "loophole" they can to minimize their taxes. (Well if you don't, you're stupid)
    Why are richer people expected not to do this?
    If you don't like the tax laws, get them changed. Until then, everyone has a right to legally minimize their taxes paid.
    A rich person's ability to change laws is somewhat greater than yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    "We'll totally get rid of government, by making government all-powerful!!!"

No wonder the Stalinists ae a skidmark on history.

Luckily, we live in capitalistic times, to avoid authoritarianism such as that. The desire to attack people, just because they have more, is pure selfishness.
    Lmao Stalin never claimed to be an anarchist.
    And yes, governments exists in communes, so we are never getting rid of it, have fun.

That you don't actually understand what an anarchist influenced society looks like is really not problem. its something the far right has always been terrible at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You were given an answer.

Its not an attempt to punish the wealthy.

I gave two examples of Amazon's sales tax evasion but Amazon didn't charge sales tax within the US for decades. This is a well-known fraud but you would rather ramble on about 401k's.

- - - Updated - - -

A rich person's ability to change laws is somewhat greater than yours.
    Tell that to the guy cheering the idea of eating the rich.

It's not Amazon's job to charge sales tax, it's the government's job to require they be taxed.

Amazon doesn't make the tax laws. They sure as shit don't enforce them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Lmao Stalin never claimed to be an anarchist.
    And yes, governments exists in communes, so we are never getting rid of it, have fun.

That you don't actually understand what an anarchist influenced society looks like is really not problem. its something the far right has always been terrible at.
    Then, I think you folks may want to address your understanding of the definitions of words.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-09 at 01:07 PM.

Looking at Bezos... 30% taxrate would come out at almost 30 billion in tax. I mean, they keep saying that taxing the rich more would not make a dent in the budget, but.. honestly, 30 billion is quite substantial, even in a budget as big as the US. I mean, put those 30 billion into Education, see what that does for you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It's not Amazon's job to charge sales tax, it's the government's job to require they be taxed.

Amazon doesn't make the tax laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, I think you folks may want to address your understanding of the definitions of words.
    Never heard of lobbyism I see.

You aren't an anarcho-communist... because you literally want the government to take everything. The fact you want government involved, means that anarchist part is a complete fucking lie.
    Says the anarcho-capitalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Looking at Bezos... 30% taxrate would come out at almost 30 billion in tax. I mean, they keep saying that taxing the rich more would not make a dent in the budget, but.. honestly, 30 billion is quite substantial, even in a budget as big as the US. I mean, put those 30 billion into Education, see what that does for you.
    And, when he sells all that stock, that's about what he'll be taxed.

Or, should we tax you on 30% of your total value?

As it stands, on their income, their AGI, they are paying between 20-35%.... roughly.

Amazon doesn't make the tax laws.
    John Brown is a Trump supporter. He just wears the mask of a leftist and presents absurd arguments to make actual leftists look bad.

Irrelevant. Amazon siphoned billions out of local governments and became the giant it is today because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Never heard of lobbyism I see.
    Yep, lobbying exists, just like all the communists and progressives are lobbying to eat the rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thus far, your entire argument boils down to lying about what a "wealth tax" means, what "taxation" is, and what "communism" is. You've got no room for complaining about others' understanding of definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I prefer libertarian, since I believe in the existence of government... the "anarcho" portion isn't fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    An amusing read; How to Debate Libertarians on Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Thus far, your entire argument boils down to lying about what a "wealth tax" means, what "taxation" is, and what "communism" is. You've got no room for complaining about others' understanding of definitions.
    Nope, this is simply you ignoring literally everything I've said, and trying to lie about it.

You've got an avowed communist calling for the nationalization of industries. I think I'm good.

This is a wealth tax people are calling for, and it means creating a massive double standard, unless you also want to go after 401k plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a wealth tax people are calling for, and it means creating a massive double standard, unless you also want to go after 401k plans.
    Yes, different standards based on wealth levels.

The same justification that lies behind progressive income tax systems.

These are pretty much universally accepted as the better, more just option, as compared to a flat tax, which is regressive and abusive to the poor.

Arguing against applying an understanding of circumstance and nuance to tax policy is . . . a take, certainly. But not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, different standards based on wealth levels.

The same justification that lies behind progressive income tax systems.

These are pretty much universally accepted as the better, more just option, as compared to a flat tax, which is regressive and abusive to the poor.

Arguing against applying an understanding of circumstance and nuance to tax policy is . . . a take, certainly. But not a good one.
    Which is why I'm pointing to it being a punishment on the wealthy.

See how that works?

So, you'd keep doing it to Bezos, until he's below 10 billion. That means you want to take 95% of his stocks from him.

Well, no wonder people think your ideas are batshit fucking crazy. Thank God it will never happen.
    Oh no, a man has $10 billion constantly, I feel so bad for him. Seriously, this isn't the argument you're hoping it is.

You mean I keep voting for actual libertarians, and not fascist asshats like Trump?
    Libertarians are just Republicans too scared to admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    You might as well. This thread is already full with fantastical suggestions.
    (Fantastical as in fantasy)
    Or you tax people the more money they have. Weird concept of differing tax amounts, but something tells me you drove by that on the way to hyperbolic town.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I'm pointing to it being a punishment on the wealthy.

See how that works?
    No, because taxation isn't a "punishment" to begin with.

Your entire argument is predicated on a false premise.

Edit: Even if we wanted to entertain this "taxation is punishment" delusion, then it isn't a question of "do we tax someone?", just "who are we taxing?" Since you're trying to shift the burden off the wealthy, who can afford to pay those taxes without suffering any kind of hardship, onto the poor, working, and middle class, who will suffer hardships with increased tax burdens to pay, your premise should lead you to the opposite conclusion, which demonstrates that even you don't really believe what you're trying to sell, here.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-06-09 at 01:25 PM.