Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

sylvanas in World of Warcraft: Folks & Fairy Tales Book spoilers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy it. We all know all fish are N'zoth.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

That illustration is fucking gorgeous. As for the story, I don't like the implications of it all.

I like the art and the idea of Vereesa hanging onto this idea of Sylvanas. As a piece of foreshadowing though it's beyond bad. Ranger-General Sylvanas is as relevant to the appeal of the Sylvanas we've had for TFT up to now as Bruce Wayne loving Zorro as a kid is pertinent to Batman's huge popularity.

The only ones who like this direction are the writing staff and the strange people who simply want a character called Sylvanas to be happy even if that character has next to nothing to do with the one we've been following. This was, is and remains a serious mistake bound to satisfy a miniscule number of people.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

ojojojojojojoj as Russias would like to say.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-05-11 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I will never understand why Vereesa continues to hang onto Sylvanas... after Sylvanas tried to kill her children and raise them as undead, not to mention having become a genocidal maniac. That's a relationship dealbreaker. No amount of "but, uh, she's my family!" can salvage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will never understand why Vereesa continues to hang onto Sylvanas... after Sylvanas tried to kill her children and raise them as undead, not to mention having become a genocidal maniac. That's a relationship dealbreaker. No amount of "but, uh, she's my family!" can salvage that.
    Because she has no personality on her own and is defined by the characters she latches on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the windrunner syndrome reduces your brian's processing power tremendously
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-05-11 at 08:26 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The best part is that Vereesa herself forgot about her kids until the last five minutes, like they were a stove she left on.

To be fair to her, if my kids looked like this and came from banging a dude who ran a raptor army, I'd appreciate my sister indulging in a bit of plague-themed eugenics.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I like the art and the idea of Vereesa hanging onto this idea of Sylvanas. As a piece of foreshadowing though it's beyond bad. Ranger-General Sylvanas is as relevant to the appeal of the Sylvanas we've had for TFT up to now as Bruce Wayne loving Zorro as a kid is pertinent to Batman's huge popularity.

The only ones who like this direction are the writing staff and the strange people who simply want a character called Sylvanas to be happy even if that character has next to nothing to do with the one we've been following. This was, is and remains a serious mistake bound to satisfy a miniscule number of people.
    Redemption for redemption's sake is always terrible. If there's absolutely no stakes or consequences, then why even both continuing with faction identity and warfare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... not like she actually knows any of that.

So its kind of pointless to judge her for something she shouldn't know.

Though there is still a lot of stuff to judge her for but just not that.

Note: Talking about the children stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

Apparently it goes beyond foreshadowing now. Judging by posts in this thread it's been confirmed today in an interview that Sylvanas' soul was split. Now queue in Blanduin playing a part in this grand revelation and saving Sylvanas' goodness.

This whole thing reminds me of the last season of Dexter. Where each week people would try to one up each other with more and more idiotic guesses for the next episode. As in, deliberately idiotic, to mock where the story was going. And each time the show somehow proved the most idiotic ones right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... not like she actually knows any of that.

So its kind of pointless to judge her for something she shouldn't know.

Though there is still a lot of stuff to judge her for but just not that.

Note: Talking about the children stuff
    It's not that Vereesa doesn't know. It's that it's flat out wrong. Sylvanas didn't want to do squat to Vereesa's children (let alone tried to do anything to them) as she didn't think Undercity is a right place to children. She wanted to kill and raise Vereesa as a Banshee. That is what Vereesa didn't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The explanation will be that this isn't her, though. Her soul was split in two. We're dealing with the evil, heartless side.

It's a bit of a retcon since if you read Dark Mirror it's clear she still has some feelings for Nathanos, even in her undead, evil, heartless form.
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-05-11 at 11:36 PM.

sigh... just.... -_-

we get it Danuser, sylvanus is "your queen" and you are going to go to any lengths to redeem her. We're going to get this "split soul" nonsense and she'll get off scot free cause "oh it was the bad soul that did all the bad stuff". Consequences, what are those?

Once again, Danuser and his writing team are just constantly retconning/changing things to fit their garbage writing rather than writing good stories that fit established lore :/

We aren't going to be done with this ruined character this expansion are we... Danuser is going to force his new "good" sylvanus into everything -_- wouldn't surprise me in any way if Nathanos suddenly showed up as well, to be with "his love" cause of course sylvanus deserves that, poor soul that she is and all

and after seeing how Tyrande cured of the night warrior rage and all that, I fully expect she's just going to go "oh I'm completely over being angry over the genocide" and that'll be handwaved away
    Last edited by voidox; 2021-05-11 at 11:50 PM.

Ah, the good old "it wasn't me" defense. Works every time.

Hope the Jailers soul is split as well, I don't like him so evil. Maybe his other half, the Janitor, will help us in our fight against the Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    This book is really feeling like it's the Death Knell for all lore consistency from now on, they've already made a point that the Broker's are fallible, that most of the information included is going to be hearsay, rumor and unsubstantiated or just plain 'made up' for their fancy and we all know why Danuser is setting up that premise in advance. I especially like how Vareesa can have a dream about someone she doesn't even know exists and about a process she has no clue about to 'ground' what looks like a baseless redemption on track for Sylvanas' future. Too bad it's all in service to ruin everything that's interesting about her and allow the one writer who simps for her to get his jollies off.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

this doesn't just destroy sylvanas for me. if everyone got their soul cleaved like uther, how many other forsaken were killed and raised personally by arthas? the entire faction of the forsaken can't be trusted now. it doesn't just crap on sylvanas, it craps on the entire race. i mean sylvanas is a schemer with plans inside plans. how many plants are there?

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    this doesn't just destroy sylvanas for me. if everyone got their soul cleaved like uther, how many other forsaken were killed and raised personally by arthas? the entire faction of the forsaken can't be trusted now. it doesn't just crap on sylvanas, it craps on the entire race. i mean sylvanas is a schemer with plans inside plans. how many plants are there?
    To be fair, as a Forsaken player the first thing you're told is to destroy all who would disrupt the new order - human, undead, or otherwise.

Wait wait wait.

Wasnt there a death knight that Arthas killed with frostmourne and had him kill his family and when he broke free of his control he become a good guy like he was when he was still alive? But taking this into account shouldnt only his "dark side" be left even after breaking free like with Sylvanas?

I like the idea Vareesa is still attached to Ranger General Sylvanas. I also like the idea that Banshee Queen Sylvanas is not wholly Sylvanas, and that her soul was split like Uther's. The part we got was all negative, and what good was in her made it's way to where ever Vareesa finds it. But we HAVE to get a story where even if we found the good parts of her soul, the part that was put back into her body is well beyond redemption. The tragedy is in that she couldn't be redeemed, not in that she could and didnt. If she is redeemed there is no tragedy in her story.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn