Thread: Euro 2020

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I, too, found it shocking that they continued to film and not cut back to the studio - we ended up turning it off - but genuinely I think everyone involved was in shock and didn't really know what to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Clearly wasn't the right decision, but at the same time I'm trying to remember that it's just as traumatic for whoever's in charge of the match footage. Sometimes when you panic you just default to what you'd normally do. Nobody teaches you how to deal with a player potentially dying in front of you when you're filming a game.
    What they do teach you is this: film where the action is. Let's not fool ourselves that footage like this wont generate an enormous amount of clicks. That's how media work, unfortunately. Despairing wife pics alr circulating.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-06-12 at 05:48 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be honest, seeing him awake is a huge bonus.

As a nurse resuscitated enough people to know if theyre awake you're on to a winner at least short term.

Compare to Fabrice that was out for a long time after.

10+ Year Old Account
    As shocking as the filming was, as a first responder, there were positive things to take from it. I appreciate that’s super niche and basically no one wants to actually see that shit but for me there was a weird reassurance everything was basically going exactly as it should for a positive outcome.

Really really glad for him and his family that seems to be the direction, let’s hope it keeps improving.

It’s all going to end up in training videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I, too, found it shocking that they continued to film and not cut back to the studio - we ended up turning it off - but genuinely I think everyone involved was in shock and didn't really know what to do.
    Honestly, after Foé and Muamba incidents, I would have thought TV channels would have had something in place for things like this. I get it's something we all hope never happens on the pitch ever but it unfortunately does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As shocking as the filming was, as a first responder, there were positive things to take from it. I appreciate that’s super niche and basically no one wants to actually see that shit but for me there was a weird reassurance everything was basically going exactly as it should for a positive outcome.

Really really glad for him and his family that seems to be the direction, let’s hope it keeps improving.

It’s all going to end up in training videos.
    We wrote this at the same time ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Honestly, after Foé and Muamba incidents, I would have thought TV channels would have had something in place for things like this. I get it's something we all hope never happens on the pitch ever but it unfortunately does.
    I think it's one of those where even if the studio have a system in place, it's used so rarely that nobody knows what to do in the panic.

Great news that he's ok though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

From the BBC

Posted at 19:0719:07
    Post update
    So the game is going to continue tonight at the players' request. Christian Eriksen is awake and stable.

20:30 Danish time is 19:30 BST so that's in 23 minutes' time if I've read that right."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50940600

glad he had a shot on target before he temporarily died, the bookies still haven't paid out though.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

As a nurse resuscitated enough people to know if theyre awake you're on to a winner at least short term.
    murse

'the game between Denmark and Finland will resume at 7.30'

get him back on the pitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    glad he had a shot on target before he temporarily died, the bookies still haven't paid out though.

murse

'the game between Denmark and Finland will resume at 7.30'

get him back on the pitch
    lol indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    From the BBC

Posted at 19:0719:07
    Post update
    So the game is going to continue tonight at the players' request. Christian Eriksen is awake and stable.

20:30 Danish time is 19:30 BST so that's in 23 minutes' time if I've read that right."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50940600
    It's seemingly the player's choice. So if it is then I can't have any complaints. Likely both sides want to finish it for Eriksen.

lets face it, it was a terrible match. I think ill die if i have to watch another 45 minutes of it.

I legit felt it inside. Just horrible to watch.

Was nice seeing him on the way out of the pitch, life is good.

*clap*
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-06-12 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's seemingly the player's choice. So if it is then I can't have any complaints. Likely both sides want to finish it for Eriksen.
    Wasn’t paying attention, but glad to see it. Jee Suomi!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now time for the ability enhancing drug country to play its first game.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Only going to matter near the end of the second half but yeah...
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    to be fair their players are all 60 years old.

im on big rom golden boot and belgium to win the tourney

15+ Year Old Account
    There is literally no excuse to keep the cameras on him. Any sort of decent human being, even in shock, would realise that what they're filming is not suitable and they should cut back to the studio or whatever. I think I was fortunate to not see it myself, I wasn't able to watch the Denmark - Finland match, and even things that have been linked to me have been quickly taken offline luckily. That said I hope he recovers.

On a side note, nice to see Belgium starting off with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    I am not gonna make any predictions but I think the favorites are clear; Belgium, England, Spain, Portugal and France followed by Netherlands and Italy.
    lol Netherlands? its decline since.. well 2008 is visible as heck now.. im not expecting they make it.. my feeling: they end up last in there little poule.