Thread: Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You mean the 50 hit combo that only requires 1 dash and 2 rolls to dodge?

Malenia isn't a good boss and can be janky sometimes but hardest from software boss she is not. Nor are from software games in general anywhere close to the difficulty people try to make them out to be. Speaking of FF7 remake, titan on hardest is not even that hard(I assume that's who you mean). Weiss in Intergrade is the peak of that battle system for me still(but still no where near close to done with rebirth) and Weiss is far harder than anything in any from software game.

- - - Updated - - -

Malenia is an optional boss buried deep in the game, how many of the 20+ million elden ring players do you think ever even fought her to begin with? Pretty comparable to "hard mode" comparison tbh. Which is why I brought up a better comparison of Weiss from Remake Integrade because he is also an end game optional super boss and blows her out of the water.

Also to be clear the guy talking about "difficulty" on the optional boss is not a difficulty setting per say, you get intel that make the fights easier you're supposed to use them it's optional to not use them if you want the summon before finding the intel. Hard Mode in the VII remake games is NG+ max level challenge where you aren't allowed to use items.
    Having a quick look-see at Steam achievements, seems like about 40% of players completed the game (which is actually above average for game completion numbers, I think) and 35% beat Malenia. Funnily enough, that's more than those who beat Fortissax and Placidusax, both at 28%. Even Mogh the Omen is at 33%. Now all those bosses are out of the way so that helps explain the stats, as I doubt anyone would seriously argue Fortissax is harder than Malenia. He's just tucked in the deep end of nowhere, at the conclusion of a questline loads of people likely didn't follow.

For funsies I'm comparing it with BG3. 20% of players completed the game. 3.4% did it on Tactician, the hardest difficulty, which most CRPG veterans will argue isn't that hard at the end of the day. It's been out for a lot less long than Elden Ring of course but the disparity is still fairly significant. I'm not going to write an entire thesis based on those numbers, but it doesn't seem like Malenia is directly comparable to a hard mode.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    but it doesn't seem like Malenia is directly comparable to a hard mode.
    Hes talking about an optional boss. You can do it without gathering intel, or gather intel and make it easier. Again, hardmode in Rebirth is a NG+ feature. There is no option to pick hard mode when you start Rebirth. You choose easy, normal or dynamic. Dynamic just scales fights to you so you can't out level doing tons of side content and the fight in question is level locked in the combat simulator regardless of difficulty so dynamic would have no affect on it.

Not sure what part of this you aren't getting. It's absolutely comparable to Malenia outside of the fact you can out level her unlike it and it's at the start of the game not the end. Are you saying 30% of the players won't immediately try to fight titan to get his summon materia? Cause I bet you that number is higher lol. You can gather intel to make the fight easier, you can roll up in Malenia with an OP summon ash and bleed build and also make her a joke. It's same shit basically where you choose your own difficulty for the boss. It's not an in game difficulty setting.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2024-03-03 at 05:48 AM.