Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Predictions on a new night elf capital city and zone

So:

1. Do you think this will actually happen? When? how?

2. What do you think it will look like?

3. Where do you think it will happen?

4. Why should it really happen?

My Answers:
    1. Yes it will happen - because you've moaned too much about it:
    a) It will happen when they do a world revamp
    b) It will happen using existing assets polished and repurposed

2. It will look like a cross between Suramar and Zin'Azshari in warbringers, and Nar'thalas in Azsuna. It will have Zin'Azshari colours and not Suramar colours. It would be surrounded by nature and have lots of gardens.

3. It will happen on Hyjal, the broken isles is gone to the horde - hyjal has both Nordrassil and the Well of Eternity, and the night elves are now sufficeintly weak and battered enough for these racial assets previously nuorishing the world to also now work to their restoration.

4. It should happen because people care about races, and because night elves are very popular, if one of your most popular races is decimated by you in your story, and you receive a lot of fan hate for it, you'd be stupid to leave it just like that.

I don't think senior devs particularly care for night elves, and of those that still work at blizzard now, it's hard to say, but a lot of love was put into Suramar, night elf lore, so there must be junior designers that love the essence.

The new night elf home will be incredible: It will boast of the best of all areas of the kaldorei.

• City structures and wonders would be attributed to the shen'dralar's great skill as the kaldorei empires main magic wonder workers and engineers /architects
    • Hyjal's natural beauty and deep forest lore of the wild gods will inform the state of nature as it is rebuilt. The city would likely be in the charred vale from the firelands incursions, but the rest of Hyjal would be beautiful forests, gardens leading up to the Well of Eternity and the World tree.
    • A new Cathedral of Elune would be the centre piece of the new city and likely be clean version of the ToS in the broken isles, with bourrowed assets
    • One day the barrowdnes and under mountain regions of Hyjal will open up, it is likely here the demon hunters will work together

We are likely never really going to go back to the Broken Isles for anything, it failed as a viable option when blizzard changed the Nightborne to horde. Allied races are very unlikely to get any real focus , Nightbonre are at a disadvantage uncoupled from the night elves - beacuse of their identity, it works better to be Silvermoon focused. But the future of the nightborne and blood elves depends on how heavy a role the alliance elves will have to play with Quel'thalas.

Yeah well gnomes, dark spears, worgen, goblins, pandaren and most of allied races don't have capitol. Half of horde races dont even have a racial leader. Racial capitols are irrelevant to the new story and nobody ever goes there anyway.

I don't think many people actually care about this. Night Elves dont have a major hub anymore and they won't have new one unless that's specifically tied to the story of next expansion (which i doubt it will).

Looking at the current situation of WoW in general and what they've spent 8 months working on, I am going to wish you luck, because I very much doubt they care enough about pre-existing races / characters / nations that have nothing to do with the current main-plot, or isn't directly linked to some humongous, universe-ending catastrophe. Unless they decide to mix in the next borrowed power system, in which case no one is going to like the new city.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll play:

1. Do you think this will actually happen? When? how? - Nope. If I pretend I do though, then whenever, if ever, there is another world revamp, in which case many races would get new/refurbished capitals along with the Night Elves. I can only see that happening along side of an expansion that is pretty much dedicated to racial identities and expansion, so separate stories for each race some new gimmick like player housing with race specific architecture, etc. Since I can't ever see Blizzard doing that kind of an expansion, we're back a no.

2. What do you think it will look like? Similar to Darnassus, though perhaps with some sectors showing some Highborne influence.

3. Where do you think it will happen? Hyjal most likely, Valsherah second most likely, though it could even be in Ashenvale or even Moonglade depending on what kind of revamp we're looking at as well as story considerations.

4. Why should it really happen? I'm in favor of updating the Azeroth to reflect in game story, reflecting the events of the story is, to me, more than enough reason.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-06-11 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

1. Not going to happen. It seems that Blizzard atm doesn't think that stuff like new cities (racial capitals, anyway) is Cost Effective Development™, so... no.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. It should happen to make the overall story in Azeroth more tangible, instead of hiding most important story beats in random books that probably only a tiny % of players bother to read. But chances are that comissioning Golden (or some other random SJW) to write one of those atrocious books is cheaper than showing the story in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Even in the case of a world revamp, I'm not convinced creating new capitals for the night elves and Forsaken would be worth the resources. Players will continue to be funneled into Stormwind and Orgrimmar anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    So:

My Answers:

2. It will look like a cross between Suramar and Zin'Azshari in warbringers, and Nar'thalas in Azsuna. It will have Zin'Azshari colours and not Suramar colours. It would be surrounded by nature and have lots of gardens.

3. It will happen on Hyjal, the broken isles is gone to the horde - hyjal has both Nordrassil and the Well of Eternity, and the night elves are now sufficeintly weak and battered enough for these racial assets previously nuorishing the world to also now work to their restoration.

4. It should happen because people care about races, and because night elves are very popular, if one of your most popular races is decimated by you in your story, and you receive a lot of fan hate for it, you'd be stupid to leave it just like that.

I don't think senior devs particularly care for night elves, and of those that still work at blizzard now, it's hard to say, but a lot of love was put into Suramar, night elf lore, so there must be junior designers that love the essence.

The new night elf home will be incredible: It will boast of the best of all areas of the kaldorei.

• City structures and wonders would be attributed to the shen'dralar's great skill as the kaldorei empires main magic wonder workers and engineers /architects
    • Hyjal's natural beauty and deep forest lore of the wild gods will inform the state of nature as it is rebuilt. The city would likely be in the charred vale from the firelands incursions, but the rest of Hyjal would be beautiful forests, gardens leading up to the Well of Eternity and the World tree.
    • A new Cathedral of Elune would be the centre piece of the new city and likely be clean version of the ToS in the broken isles, with bourrowed assets
    • One day the barrowdnes and under mountain regions of Hyjal will open up, it is likely here the demon hunters will work together

We are likely never really going to go back to the Broken Isles for anything, it failed as a viable option when blizzard changed the Nightborne to horde. Allied races are very unlikely to get any real focus , Nightbonre are at a disadvantage uncoupled from the night elves - beacuse of their identity, it works better to be Silvermoon focused. But the future of the nightborne and blood elves depends on how heavy a role the alliance elves will have to play with Quel'thalas.
    There are many capitals I wish to see first, before the Night Elves. Though, I have always believed the Night Elves to just be their up their own self, and take over Hyjal, as apparently, a lot of their refugees are there lorewise at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah well gnomes, dark spears, worgen, goblins, pandaren and most of allied races don't have capitol. Half of horde races dont even have a racial leader. Racial capitols are irrelevant to the new story and nobody ever goes there anyway.

I don't think many people actually care about this. Night Elves dont have a major hub anymore and they won't have new one unless that's specifically tied to the story of next expansion (which i doubt it will).
    Human has theirs.
    Dwarf has theirs.
    Dark Iron Dwarf has theirs.
    Night Elves are refugees spread between Stormwind, Hyjal, and other settlements.
    Gnomes have their capitol, just need to have it aired out for a few more decades.
    Draenei has theirs.
    Lightforged Draenei has theirs.
    Worgen in lore, apparently have Gilneas returned through the war in BFA, so now they just need to rebuild.
    Ren'dorei technically has theirs, but they've been kicked out, so currently, a floating rock.
    Kul Tiran has theirs.
    Mechagnome has theirs.

Pandaren technically has theirs as well, with both the wandering isle, as well as the shrines in Pandaria, though, could use an update and create an actual city.

Orcs has theirs.
    Undead currently has no home, and are refugees to the lands.
    Tauren has theirs.
    The Dark Spears has their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city but they've always hooked in with Orcs.
    Blood Elves has theirs.
    The Bilgewater Goblins have their capital, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblins as a race, has Undermine though sadly, still not in-game.
    Nightborne has theirs.
    Highmountain Tauren has theirs.
    Mag'har Orcs sadly do not have a place and are bunked up with the other orcs until something is proclaimed.
    Zandalari has theirs.
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Human has theirs.
    Dwarf has theirs.
    Dark Iron Dwarf has theirs.
    Night Elves are refugees spread between Stormwind, Hyjal, and other settlements.
    Gnomes have their capitol, just need to have it aired out for a few more decades.
    Draenei has theirs.
    Lightforged Draenei has theirs.
    Worgen in lore, apparently have Gilneas returned through the war in BFA, so now they just need to rebuild.
    Ren'dorei technically has theirs, but they've been kicked out, so currently, a floating rock.
    Kul Tiran has theirs.
    Mechagnome has theirs.

Pandaren technically has theirs as well, with both the wandering isle, as well as the shrines in Pandaria, though, could use an update and create an actual city.

Orcs has theirs.
    Tauren has theirs.
    The Dark Spears has their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city but they've always hooked in with Orcs.
    Blood Elves has theirs.
    The Bilgewater Goblins have their capital, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblins as a race, has Undermine though sadly, still not in-game.
    Nightborne has theirs.
    Mag'har Orcs sadly do not have a place and are bunked up with the other orcs until something is proclaimed.
    Zandalari has theirs.
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor.
    Yeah, thanks for listing bunch of insignificant locations (some not even present in game) to prove what point exactly? All these races i mentioned don't have a functional capitol you can walk in and do stuff. I mean, you list Wandering Isle as Pandaren capitol... or bilgewater harbor for goblins... this is some extreme mental gymnastics of grasping at straws...

@ravenmoon

I really hope blizzard don't water too much time designing yet again new stuff for night elves - you got an entire expansion with an entire new updated set, y in Legion, your cities, trees, ruins all got updates, you got many new things form your lore shown, you also had a major part of 8.1 and all of 8.2 in your lore. - we saw Zin'Azsahri in cinematic format too.. it's enough

They should re-use existing assets to give you new stuff, there is enough from Suramar, Azsuna, Val'Sharah etc to patch together something that looks pretty decent,

they need to foucs on giving Silvermoon and EVersong woods an update, Ghostlands too, we haven't had anything since TBC. It's our turn for elven stuff now, really. We've had tons of human updates, orc updates, troll updates, night elf updates, gnome updates, goblin updates, Draenei updates, Tauren updates, Forsaken and dwarf updates... it's really time to see Blood elf updates

No, they only add one city per expansion now, as the central zone of that expansion. Night Elves will never get a replacement city. And other races like worgen, goblins, etc, they won't get cities either.

I agree with this, why build cities nobody will ever visit? It would be cool to get more elaborate racial quarters in existing capital cities, though.

But the future of the nightborne and blood elves depends on how heavy a role the alliance elves will have to play with Quel'thalas.
    Don't see how Quel'Thalas relates to Alliance Elf involvement...indeed, we already had it with the Night Elf spies in TBC.

I'd say, that if any radical alliance elves were to be involved in the new Blood Elf zone, they would:

1: be killed
    2: sent as hostile agents to the Alliance, trying (in their twisted way) to get Silvermoon back under Alliance arms.

Quel'Thalas should and likely, will be a Horde designated zone with issues and problems still occurring. Possibly human and high elf spies, which are dispatched. The return of the hostile amani from Zandalar. Maybe even get Azshara trying to steal the essence of the Sunwell. (Blood Elves vs Naga.)

Again though, this will be just for players who play the Horde. Obviously, Alliance players can go to Quel'Thalas, they will just be attacked by the blood elf elite guards, scattered around the zone.

So, whilst Blood Elves deal with Azshara (perhaps a bit of Azshara vs Lor'themar), the Draenei revamp could actually be dealing with the Void lords themselves - a smaller force, but this is where we see a clash of Light vs Void.

So:

My Answers:

1.) yes.
    - but not because we moaned about it. but alliance is fast running out of cities. we have ironforge, boralus, stormwind and exodar left.
    - it will happen happen either if we return ( from shadowlands) and a decent amount of time has past on azeroth.
    or
    In a dragon expansion. new emerald dragon needs a new big druid place to sleep.
    They will make a new city. with new stuff in it.

2.) It will indeed look like a crosh between suramar and zin aszhari. But with a lot more green. And it will have a big place for the worgen to live in.

3.) hyjal will not happen. val shara would be a good option. Or a new island in the sea. Last one would be easier to do for blizzard. But yeah the well would be a good reason to put it at hyjal.

4.) because it is could be a nice new hub to visit. And lore wise alliance has pretty much no cities left. ( 4 ( 2 extra but they are in shambels and not usable by alliance ingame) vs horde 7.

But i do not see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Don't see how Quel'Thalas relates to Alliance Elf involvement...indeed, we already had it with the Night Elf spies in TBC.
    Soz Tanaria and Beloren, but the momentum on elves is clearly in the alliance court atm, void elves, high elves and night elves are what the alliance fans are going bat shit excited over , they are far more enthusiastic than the horde are over Nightborne and that everyone has been over blood elves for a while.

High elves have generated more interest and discussion than blood elves every time, the alliance won't leave it alone, and we have seen blizzard make concession is again and again. i know you tow are big blood elf fans, but any analysis of the actual wow population, not the horde biased majority hardcore playerbase that swarm the forums will quickly see the bigger untapped potential is in the alliance people that get excited over high elves and night elves, void elves etc.

This has the potential to swing major Thalassian development the alliance way. Highborne stuff on the night elf side has far more interest form night elf fans than Nightborne ones.. the only discussions Nightborne get are either more physical appearance options or how they should be with the night elves instead.

if you are looking to project where to best develop or move things along from what the fans like, it is clear, fans want elven development on the alliance. This could result in night elves and void/high elves having nice new homes, but do you think blizzard will seriously make that effort to give cities to them no one uses, they'd instead just give them Silvermoon and Suramar, and kick the blood elves out - or make them share. This is what I mean, this is the danger you face.

you're gonna have to do a lot of forum campaigning and manipulation to shift he narrative and divert blizzard's attention to save the blood elves from losing. But this is your area of expertise, I leave it to you.

I'd say, that if any radical alliance elves were to be involved in the new Blood Elf zone, they would:

1: be killed
    2: sent as hostile agents to the Alliance, trying (in their twisted way) to get Silvermoon back under Alliance arms.

Quel'Thalas should and likely, will be a Horde designated zone with issues and problems still occurring. Possibly human and high elf spies, which are dispatched. The return of the hostile amani from Zandalar. Maybe even get Azshara trying to steal the essence of the Sunwell. (Blood Elves vs Naga.)

Again though, this will be just for players who play the Horde. Obviously, Alliance players can go to Quel'Thalas, they will just be attacked by the blood elf elite guards, scattered around the zone.

So, whilst Blood Elves deal with Azshara (perhaps a bit of Azshara vs Lor'themar), the Draenei revamp could actually be dealing with the Void lords themselves - a smaller force, but this is where we see a clash of Light vs Void.
    Blood elves deal with Azshara? Did you n ot see the insults that flew because the night elves were practically absent in 8.2, biggest topics on the forums were .. where was Tyrande? Where was Malfurion, where was Farondis or even mordant? Why Jaina or Genn

Blood elves deal with a night elf story.. the night elf fans will go ape bat shit crazy on you, or do you think they constantly like all the key elements and gems in their story copted by the blood elves, like Suramar was, so that all there is left for them to deal with is how green this tree is or that one is.

you're having a laugh, they are already grieved because their race's foundation story is been carted off to the horde, to add to the insult of losing the high elves (as blood elves also to the horde) who is the bigger and more popular faction, and the racial groups the alliance are most interested with you are arguing for more horde involvement .. at the expense of trolls, orcs and other traditional original horde races... right.. so you would alienate all the alliance fans, and about half of hte horde fans who hate blood elves to the core for ruining their faction vibe.

And you want blizzard to go along with this sound advise to fulfil your wish fantasy of a very alliance centric elven group expanding even further on the faction who's identify is already been eclipsed and diluted by them.

yes.. do that blizzard, and then get puzzled why faction integrity collapses and players overall care less and less, but the Tanaria cluster of hardcore belf fans would be happy.

it reminds me of the social agenda drivel that is dominating Hollywood, seeing these big companies heavily push a narrative that only a small minority of people like, and wonder why they are losing so much money, releasing movies that are grossly underperforming and generating increasingly more bitter remarks against the wider population of fans. Nut as long as the Belf fans are happy right.

It's been 10 years and the Gilneans never went back to Gilneas like Genn Greymane prophesized. It's been over 15 years and Gnomes still haven't gone back to Gnomeran, let alone built a new city. And if anyone is going to build anything, it's the Gnomes. Keeping the past in mind, the answer is no the Night Elves will not build nor receive a new city. The one and only way I can foresee that happening is if Blizzard punches out some form of a WOW II, whether a full engine upgrade and a complete restart or a massive leap 15-20 years into the future with a reskin of some kind.

I'm actually surprised Blizzard still allocates Dev resources into building new cities like the ones in BFA and Oribos. They suck up a lot of time to not only build but also concieve and design. They don't get a lot miliage (like a raid, dungeon or even Bg) as far as core gameplay is concerned.

SNIP
    The only momentum is for Night Elves and Void Elves. Which is fine, since they are playable and offer something different from the Horde Elves.

Blizzard knows that Blood Elf fans want an updated Quel'Thalas for them; they won't update the zone, just to give it to the Alliance and a race that isn't playable. Blood Elf fans will be in uproar and Blizzard knows that, so it's likely not even being factored in.

Now let me explain - when I said "Blood Elves deal with Azshara", I didn't mean that the Blood Elves are the ones to kill Azshara there and then. I mean, the Naga incursion into Quel'Thalas and they push Azshara and the Naga back. Obviously, the Night Elves should be deeply involved in her story as well, so later in patch whatever .2, she makes a strike at the Night Elves and this is a huge raid encounter.
    At the start, she attacked Quel'Thalas because the Sunwell is easier to reach, plus it completes the circle of Blood Elves and Naga working together after the Third War, whereas now, the two fight each other.

And obviously more Alliance fans talk about the elves, because they've got Night Elves and Void Elves, with the non-playable High Elves. Blood Elves and Nightborne do generate discussion, but they've got city's and grand things, we don't need to repeat it - all the Horde Elves ask for is that they are updated...especially Quel'Thalas for the Horde Blood Elves. (Alongside Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isle for the Alliance Draenei.) Blood Elf fans talk about an updated Quel'Thalas because Blizzard themselves have made the entire zone a dedication to all Blood Elves, that they fight, die and bleed for it. So, what do blood elf fans want? We want those three zones updated. Hell, I don't even mind starting at Windrunner Spire and rather than working down, we work up towards Silvermoon City and then to the Sunwell, where we push Azshara's forces out of Quel'Danas. It would make sense if Azshara wanted to gain more power, to attack to the two child wells, to her former Well of Eternity.

So, Blood Elves deal with an old ally to the Sunfury, now enemy to Silvermoon, but a very close connection to the Void.
    Draenei actually deal with the Void Lords, who seek to open the Sun Gate and have the Void Lords pouring in.

Honestly - I don't get your obsession with having Blood Elves removed from their lands. First it was a small camp in Orgrimmar, then moving them to Azshara, then Bloodmyst, then Hellfire, all in the name of "Well this will be really cool and should happen!..."it's as though your trying to have Blood Elves worse off and purposely want Blood Elf fans to be upset. Look, we didn't come up with the BFA story, we didn't hold Blizzard at gunpoint and say "you better destroy Teldrassil!" The majority of the Horde playerbase didn't like the BFA story. Night Elves and Forsaken had their cities destroyed - it has nothing to do with what the Blood Elves have.
    All we, as Sin'dorei fans, want is an updated questing zone for Ghostlands, Eversong and Quel'Danas.

I must admit, I thought this talk would come from void elf fans, but instead void elf fans actually don't want void elves in Silvermoon or Quel'Thalas. This talk mainly comes from a scattered few night elf fans. Look, I get that your still angry about Teldrassil, but Blizzard planned that story - it has nothing to do with blood elf fans or the Blood Elves. Like you and Mace always said, it doesn't have to be tit for tat. So Teldrassil has burned, doesn't mean night elf get to take over Quel'Thalas and/or Suramar. Indeed, I don't believe Blizzard are going to go down the route of "homeless races" again, because of the response to the previous one. (Mainly from the night elf fan side, as Forsaken fans just seemed to take it on the chin.) You might not think so, but Blood Elf fans are still very active and all we want is updates to the zones that are special and focused on our favorite race...we're not asking for special treatment or more lands. Just update the three that are most important to the Sin'dorei people.

Hopefully Hyjal will be updated for the night elf people with a new city.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-06-12 at 04:50 AM.

The only momentum is for Night Elves and Void Elves. Which is fine, since they are playable and offer something different from the Horde Elves.

Blizzard knows that Blood Elf fans want an updated Quel'Thalas for them; they won't update the zone, just to give it to the Alliance and a race that isn't playable. Blood Elf fans will be in uproar and Blizzard knows that, so it's likely not even being factored in.

Now let me explain - when I said "Blood Elves deal with Azshara", I didn't mean that the Blood Elves are the ones to kill Azshara there and then. I mean, the Naga incursion into Quel'Thalas and they push Azshara and the Naga back. Obviously, the Night Elves should be deeply involved in her story as well, so later in patch whatever .2, she makes a strike at the Night Elves and this is a huge raid encounter.
    At the start, she attacked Quel'Thalas because the Sunwell is easier to reach, plus it completes the circle of Blood Elves and Naga working together after the Third War, whereas now, the two fight each other.

And obviously more Alliance fans talk about the elves, because they've got Night Elves and Void Elves, with the non-playable High Elves. Blood Elves and Nightborne do generate discussion, but they've got city's and grand things, we don't need to repeat it - all the Horde Elves ask for is that they are updated...especially Quel'Thalas for the Horde Blood Elves. (Alongside Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isle for the Alliance Draenei.) Blood Elf fans talk about an updated Quel'Thalas because Blizzard themselves have made the entire zone a dedication to all Blood Elves, that they fight, die and bleed for it. So, what do blood elf fans want? We want those three zones updated. Hell, I don't even mind starting at Windrunner Spire and rather than working down, we work up towards Silvermoon City and then to the Sunwell, where we push Azshara's forces out of Quel'Danas. It would make sense if Azshara wanted to gain more power, to attack to the two child wells, to her former Well of Eternity.

So, Blood Elves deal with an old ally to the Sunfury, now enemy to Silvermoon, but a very close connection to the Void.
    Draenei actually deal with the Void Lords, who seek to open the Sun Gate and have the Void Lords pouring in.

Honestly - I don't get your obsession with having Blood Elves removed from their lands. It's as though your trying to have Blood Elves worse off and purposely want Blood Elf fans to be upset. Look, we didn't come up with the BFA story, we didn't hold Blizzard at gunpoint and say "you better destroy Teldrassil!" The majority of the Horde playerbase didn't like the BFA story. Night Elves and Forsaken had their cities destroyed - it has nothing to do with what the Blood Elves have.
    All we, as Sin'dorei fans, want is an updated questing zone for Ghostlands, Eversong and Quel'Danas.

I must admit, I thought this talk would come from void elf fans, but instead void elf fans actually don't want void elves in Silvermoon or Quel'Thalas. This talk mainly comes from a scattered few night elf fans. Look, I get that your still angry about Teldrassil, but Blizzard planned that story - it has nothing to do with blood elf fans or the Blood Elves. Like you and Mace always said, it doesn't have to be tit for tat. So Teldrassil has burned, doesn't mean night elf get to take over Quel'Thalas and/or Suramar. Indeed, I don't believe Blizzard are going to go down the route of "homeless races" again, because of the response to the previous one. (Mainly from the night elf fan side, as Forsaken fans just seemed to take it on the chin.) You might not think so, but Blood Elf fans are still very active and all we want is updates to the zones that are special and focused on our favorite race...we're not asking for special treatment.
    Why would Azshara want the Sunwell in the first place? I honestly doubt we will ever face her again. She was defeated and will know better than to go against Azertoh’s champions. She even allied with them to defeat N’zoth and said she done with the void so I doubt she will go after the light now. She will play a role into light vs void/cosmic expansion yes, but probably as a anti-villain (something Illidan style)

Quote Originally Posted by StellaStars View Post
    Why would Azshara want the Sunwell in the first place? I honestly doubt we will ever face her again. She was defeated and will know better than to go against Azertoh’s champions. She even allied with them to defeat N’zoth and said she done with the void so I doubt she will go after the light now. She will play a role into light vs void/cosmic expansion yes, but probably as a anti-villain (something Illidan style)
    I'm just trying to think of an update for the situation in Quel'Thalas and what could be involved.

I guess I'm just thinking that the next expansion will be the Void lords and will start with an updated Azeroth and Azshara wants both essences from the child wells, to her Well of Eternity. So, the easier of the two would be the Sunwell, for obvious reasons.

But your probably right in that she will likely be an anti-villain. It's not something I'd like as she was responsible for the Sundering and it's almost like that's being whitewashed, but we are where we are.

I guess, an updated Quel'Thalas could include:
    Alliance hostile adversaries. (Humans and High Elves.)
    Scourge remnants - maybe San'layn? Blood Elves vs San'layn perhaps..?
    Hostile Amani, returned from Zandalar
    Something "void" related, on Sunstrider Isle - Quel'Danas. (Naga or Void Elves are the closest link to the Blood Elves, in terms of the Void, but I don't think Blizzard would use the Void Elves like this.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-06-12 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves won't be getting a new city. Silvermoon would sooner recieve an update, and we all know that Blizzard won't be sacrificing a raid tier to get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah, thanks for listing bunch of insignificant locations (some not even present in game) to prove what point exactly? All these races i mentioned don't have a functional capitol you can walk in and do stuff. I mean, you list Wandering Isle as Pandaren capitol... or bilgewater harbor for goblins... this is some extreme mental gymnastics of grasping at straws...
    And list a couple races and "most of the allied races" as not having capitols, immediately get proven wrong, and try to deflect by calling the locations insignificant and ignoring that the reply even countered your own, followed by an ad hominem insult. Well done for hitting so many of the "pointless poster" bullet points.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And list a couple races and "most of the allied races" as not having capitols, immediately get proven wrong, and try to deflect by calling the locations insignificant and ignoring that the reply even countered your own, followed by an ad hominem insult. Well done for hitting so many of the "pointless poster" bullet points.
    How was it proven wrong lmao. That guy literally listed places you can't even visit anymore as capitols.

If we count Wandering Isle as capitol for Pandaren then Night Elves got capitol too, just use Zidormi and go back in time.

Not to mention to hypocrisy of complaining about "ad hominem" which I had none in my post and follow it by calling me a "pointless poster". "Pointless poster" applies to your post so badly it hurts when you think you tried to insult me with this.

I will even go through effort of pointing out one by one how stupid the list you refer to as "immediately proven wrong is", just to make you look even more silly:

Human has theirs.
    Dwarf has theirs.
    Dark Iron Dwarf has theirs. - yes, it's empty, instanced and no one else can visit it in any other form than 5 man dungeon - so, no, not a capitol by SW/IF standard AT all
    Gnomes have their capitol, just need to have it aired out for a few more decades. - it's a corridor with nothing but hostile NPCs or a 5man vanilla dungeon, nope, nothing like SW/IF again, it's not even a gnome base in it's curret state, leave alone "capitol"
    Draenei has theirs.
    Lightforged Draenei has theirs. - are you refering to Vindicaar as capitol? It's just a one big room, nothing more than a base, so, completely missed if you think it's a "capital city".
    Worgen in lore, apparently have Gilneas returned through the war in BFA, so now they just need to rebuild. - yeah "in lore". in game, it's literally empty dead zone with zero NPCs. Nice capitol.
    Ren'dorei technically has theirs, but they've been kicked out, so currently, a floating rock. - According to this poster a floating rock with a bunch of NPCs counts as a capital city. Bravo.
    Kul Tiran has theirs.
    Mechagnome has theirs. - 5 man instance, not a city at all.

Pandaren technically has theirs as well, with both the wandering isle, as well as the shrines in Pandaria, though, could use an update and create an actual city. - biggest joke - monk class hall is apparently racial capitol.

Orcs has theirs.
    Tauren has theirs.
    The Dark Spears has their islands, they could update it for an actual town/city but they've always hooked in with Orcs. - have their islands... seriously, you count 5 little isles as a capital city? By your standards every little settlement is a capital city then!
    Blood Elves has theirs.
    The Bilgewater Goblins have their capital, Bilgewater Harbour. The Goblins as a race, has Undermine though sadly, still not in-game. - bilgwater harbor isn't a city. It's a harbor. A BASE
    Nightborne has theirs.
    Mag'har Orcs sadly do not have a place and are bunked up with the other orcs until something is proclaimed. - like i said
    Zandalari has theirs.
    Vulpera has not had a capitol or even town for decades, and I would love to see a nomad camp/town traveling up and down Kalimdor. - like i said
    Last edited by melzas; 2021-06-12 at 05:48 AM.