Page 1 of 3
LastLast

John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell

Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee has been found dead in a Barcelona prison cell hours after a Spanish court agreed to extradite him to the US to face tax evasion charges.

The Catalan Justice Department said prison medics tried to resuscitate him, but were not successful.

It said in a statement that "everything indicates" McAfee took his own life.

A controversial figure in the tech world, his company released the first commercial anti-virus software.

McAfee VirusScan helped to spark a multi-billion dollar industry in the computer world, and was eventually sold to technology giant Intel for more than $7.6bn (£4.7bn).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57589822

RIP one less grifter in the world.

bit weird to commit suicide.

he was only looking at max 5 years prison i think, no doubt less or none for a rich person and most likely a low security one.

then again i've heard he is "eccentric" so maybe that's code for some mental issues.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-06-23 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    bit weird to commit suicide.

he was only looking at max 5 years prison i think, no doubt less or none for a rich person and most likely a low security one.

then again i've heard he is "eccentric" so maybe that's code for some mental issues.
    Or he pissed off the wrong people..
    who knows. We certainly never will

But the dude was like 75.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post

Oh god didn't take long.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Oh god didn't take long.
    What didn't take long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah damn, what a shame. I loved reading about his life. He sure as hell lived well and crazy!

He'll not be missed. He won't be remembered. Excellent news. He's meant to be pick up and put in trash can just like rest of us.

He had a lot of mental health issues not to mention the shit ton of drugs he did, it may not make sense to logical people for him to kill himself but look at his history. This was the only way this story was going to end, it's like Charlie Sheen on steroids.

This dude has been batshit crazy for years him offing himself does not seem that unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57589822

RIP one less grifter in the world.
    John didn't kill himself.

Amidoinitrite?

The US Justice Department alleged that McAfee evaded tax liability by having his income paid into bank accounts and cryptocurrency exchange accounts in the names of nominees.

He was also accused of concealing assets, including a yacht and real estate property, also in other people's names.
    Let this be a lesson to you future billionaires, don't skimp out on your asset management/trusts firm. The big boys cost a pretty penny but they'll keep the taxman off your back forever.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Like who? Is it that unreasonable that a deeply unstable, mentally unwell man facing the potential of spending most of the rest of his life in US prison tragically took his own life and went out on his own terms instead of be stuck in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like who? Is it that unreasonable that a deeply unstable, mentally unwell man facing the potential of spending most of the rest of his life in US prison tragically took his own life and went out on his own terms instead of be stuck in prison?
    Hell, one might argue suicide is almost reasonable, when you see what US prisons can be at their worst.

Private prisons, for fucks sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hackers maybe?
    Kinda doubt it myself but...its an answer of a sort. (Bitcoins donations...)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This dude has been batshit crazy for years him offing himself does not seem that unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hell, one might argue suicide is almost reasonable, when you see what US prisons can be at their worst.

Private prisons, for fucks sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Oh god didn't take long.
    This is a serious question, do you guys believe that say MKUltra happened? Or say COINTELPRO? Or the contents of the Pentagon Papers? Was that stuff real?

I am just curious given IDK, you guys like virulently seem to dismiss even the possibility of foul play. To be clear, I'm pretty sure the dude didn't have any juicy details or secrets to spill. However, I am wondering if you guys believe any of the above things say actually happened.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am just curious given IDK, you guys like virulently seem to dismiss even the possibility of foul play. To be clear, I'm pretty sure the dude didn't have any juicy details or secrets to spill. However, I am wondering if you guys believe any of the above things say actually happened.
    Cite a coherent reason for foul play.

Hard to sympathise with tax evaders when they're incredibly rich... meanwhile rest of us plebians pay our taxes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cite a coherent reason for foul play.
    I mean the only case for it is his previously declaring that if he dies in prison its because someone killed him. So in his own words, "If I die, someone killed me", but hey, maybe he just did it as a big troll. That is possible too.

However to just say "NO! THAT IS UNPOSSIBLE!" seems rather wildly trusting. Unless of-course someone doesn't believe ANYTHING can ever happen or has ever happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    He stated that he was in good company, that he liked the food, and that he was good spirits. He also stated that he would never kill himself, got a tattoo on himself that said $WHACKED, stated that if he hung himself "a la epstine" that it wouldnt by by his own doing, and then went on to say he had dirt on powerful people.

He for sure didnt kill himself, and anyone buying into it being a suicide is drinking the kool aid.
    I personally think he probably did commit suicide legitimately, but to pretend that its IMPOSSIBLE is pretty wild. Hell, it isn't as if the American government hasn't in the past been documented as trying to get people to commit suicide in jail, I.E. the MLK jail suicide letter which we only know about due to an illegal break-in and theft of FBI documents.

I'm just finding it really weird that people bulk and the very notion, unless they also think all of these past examples are not real and made up by people trying to impugn the reputation of the American civil service and police force; one will have a weird time explaining how both that stuff is all true but also that its impossible that anything analogous to it is taking place right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Stop slurping from your sippy cup for five seconds and ask yourself, "Why would he have killed himself"?

He died before he even attempted an appeal, how does any of this make sense to you?
    It's a little strange. I guess if his guards took a little nap and the cameras stopped working for a the hour when it happens then maybe I'll be more keen to the idea.