Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So you didn't understood I see.

Yah.

Imagine your web service provider suddenly said they are reworking entire interface and all apps and its gonna hit in 2 weeks.
    ....ngl if that happens the last thing on my mind is "oh no I won't be able to play world of warcraft" but let's be real

1. Blizzard isn't known for having stable patch days

2. Especially on the first patch made entirely from everyone's home

3. The raids aren't even releasing this week

4. Based on the forums opinion I'm pretty sure you aren't chomping at the bits to do Torghast and a couple of world quests

5. The dungeon isn't going anywhere and is probably gonna be run to death for a while

6. You can't fly day 1

7. Getting the renown for the week is going to take like 2 hours tops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If people change their IRL schedule to play WoW - they surely have other issues than a 2 week end of patch warning.
    Not to mention this content will need to last for another 6 to 8 months, so what is the rush? It is this rat race mentality that for me completely ruined my gaming experience in WoW, the weird phenomena is that the majority participate in it. Raids out for 3 to 5 weeks and you do not have ahead of the curve? Back in line peasant you are not welcome to random groups, and you see this in M+ and in Arenas, it is like people prefer to scorch the earth rather than create a fertile ground for multiple levels of skill and knowledge to succeed, is the game matchmaking this bad or is it really a community thing, no idea but it is really not something i have experienced elsewhere.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, the whole, "If you didn't somehow clear the new raid twice in the first week, you're a bad human being for even talking to us." attitude exists in other games, too.

It's a facet of the MMO pug experience that gets old really fast.
    I am not questioning that it is unique to them, i just always felt it is more present in WoW.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I think you misunderstood their complaints. People didn't complain it's too soon, people complained that blizzard basically said "here, 2 weeks patch comes out live, deal with it". So in short, a complete disrespect towards players and/or complete lack of time planning skills.

The origin of those complaints is pretty much blizzard lack of transparency. Like a black plexiglass.

You may argue 2 weeks is "enough" but the reality is blizz didn't say anything for pretty damn long time. So in terms of like 200 days, 14 is pretty short notice.

Compare it to like AoC dev streams, its like day-night difference.
    The "2 weeks until PvP season ends" warning has always? been the 'official' announcement of when the patch is coming.

Its people whining because they want to whine about WoW, even tho the thing hasn't changed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The "2 weeks until PvP season ends" warning has always? been the 'official' announcement of when the patch is coming.

Its people whining because they want to whine about WoW, even tho the thing hasn't changed.
    No, there is a difference. Altho blizzard was disrespectful in the past they were able to somewhat keep the time constraints between releases. Somewhat. This time around not only they stretched it to like 2 cycles, they also went full silent the entire time. Nobody knew shit. That is disrespecting your customers.

Let me give you an example. Software X (no need to say what it is, but it's app development related) we use in company has a stable release schedule - 6 months. That was the trend for last 5 years or so. Like a clockwork, releasing latest stable version each 6 months (+/- week).

That gives us clear picture what we should do just by looking at calendar,
    should we update now? should we wait? Will we have more work in next week because of the update? Are out components even compatible?
    We already know the answer before that happens.

Now when it comes to wow if you don't know shit, patch is being for way too long and lets say you already booked your 2 week vacation (because you didn't know anything about release) around the time when patch hits (usually 2 week vacation has to be announced in company like minimum a month before). Imagine how pissed those people would be. Especially if they were in some raiding guild.

"It's just a game" or "People always whine" is not a good argument because technically you can dismiss every concern about state of the game this way.

There is tons of WTS in group finder! - Chill out it's just a game.

Now comparing it to some other companies that do care:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

I absolutely detest this attitude blizzard has (Yes they were like this before).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Now comparing it to some other companies that do care:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

I absolutely detest this attitude blizzard has (Yes they were like this before).
    Not to subtract of your point, but you cannot compare a game in development with no actual open or mass testing phase to a live game.

Let us see how good Ashes is in a live environment, they blow up enough smoke out of their ass already as is
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't understood I see.

Yah.

Imagine your web service provider suddenly said they are reworking entire interface and all apps and its gonna hit in 2 weeks.
    i don't want to get fracted but honestly i don't even comprehend how he didn't understand u, i mean what u say is clear
    silence for 7 months, then boom patch in 2 weeks, why the fuck u didn't tell i don't know, since fucking 3 months at least? u didn't even need to tell exact day, just say it will be out in june

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not to subtract of your point, but you cannot compare a game in development with no actual open or mass testing phase to a live game.

Let us see how good Ashes is in a live environment, they blow up enough smoke out of their ass already as is
    blizz had general outline for YEARS, i don't know when they stopped it (i think in BFA?) but the surprise patch date wasn't their behavior
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

No, there is a difference. Altho blizzard was disrespectful in the past they were able to somewhat keep the time constraints between releases. Somewhat. This time around not only they stretched it to like 2 cycles, they also went full silent the entire time. Nobody knew shit. That is disrespecting your customers.

Let me give you an example. Software X (no need to say what it is, but it's app development related) we use in company has a stable release schedule - 6 months. That was the trend for last 5 years or so. Like a clockwork, releasing latest stable version each 6 months (+/- week).

That gives us clear picture what we should do just by looking at calendar,
    should we update now? should we wait? Will we have more work in next week because of the update? Are out components even compatible?
    We already know the answer before that happens.[/I]
    I love how people expect insane shit from Blizzard as a standard, stuff that they would have never expected from any other game dev/publisher ever. What makes you think that the company owes you weekly updates on the state of the next patches. Why do you feel entitled to that? When Witcher 3 was being made, did you think it's disrepectful that CDPR is not giving you detailed weekly reports on how the work on the game is progressing? Or any other high profile game?

It's great if there is extended dialogue, and it's great if the dev/publisher keeps in touch with the community, but expecting to get all the info possible at all times is just too much entitlement and something that doesn't happen almost anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    blizz had general outline for YEARS, i don't know when they stopped it (i think in BFA?) but the surprise patch date wasn't their behavior
    Playing on and off since Wrath. I guess I missed something. Or maybe we understand "General outline" as different things.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Listen to you, whining about being "disrespected" because a company didn't give you longer than two weeks warning that a patch was coming.

How you "detest this attitude".

You're literally just complaining to complain. Because you're pissed at Blizzard or something. Because none of what you're saying is reasonable at all.
    I don't even understand how anyone could not expect the patch being release anytime soon. You know as soon as the PTR and patch notes start going up for the next patch, you should be expecting it any time soon.

Shits been a pattern since vanilla.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Listen to you, whining about being "disrespected" because a company didn't give you longer than two weeks warning that a patch was coming.

How you "detest this attitude".

You're literally just complaining to complain. Because you're pissed at Blizzard or something. Because none of what you're saying is reasonable at all.
    How the hell is wanting to plan your time ahead not reasonable? Like WTFF?

Are you suppose to plan your entire life around a game that has whimsical release schedule so stay on your toes and dont plan anything because maybe some new FOMO is around the corner?

You honestly believe people would be ok with surprises mid holiday season?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love how people expect insane shit from Blizzard as a standard, stuff that they would have never expected from any other game dev/publisher ever. What makes you think that the company owes you weekly updates on the state of the next patches. Why do you feel entitled to that? When Witcher 3 was being made, did you think it's disrepectful that CDPR is not giving you detailed weekly reports on how the work on the game is progressing? Or any other high profile game?

It's great if there is extended dialogue, and it's great if the dev/publisher keeps in touch with the community, but expecting to get all the info possible at all times is just too much entitlement and something that doesn't happen almost anywhere.

Playing on and off since Wrath. I guess I missed something. Or maybe we understand "General outline" as different things.
    Cool hyperbole but completely irrelevant and not even on the topic. We expected blizzard to say anything, even something like:

"sorry guys, we need more time on this so expect 9.1 to hit between june and july"

And thats fucking it. Thats all people needed.

But what they did, they kept silent hoping people won't unsubscribe knowing patch has still long way to go. That was pure scum and disrespectful move.
    And do not even think of saying blizzard couldn't estimate release date +/- a month. Of course they could.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

How the hell is wanting to plan your time ahead not reasonable? Like WTFF?

Are you suppose to plan your entire life around a game that has whimsical release schedule so stay on your toes and dont plan anything because maybe some new FOMO is around the corner?

You honestly believe people would be ok with surprises mid holiday season?
    It's not even that.... Your ignoring the fact theres going to be at most 3 hours worth of new content week 1 ASSUMING the patch isn't a clusterfuck. Your FOMO is a you problem not a Blizzard or us problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It's not even that.... Your ignoring the fact theres going to be at most 3 hours worth of new content week 1 ASSUMING the patch isn't a clusterfuck. Your FOMO is a you problem not a Blizzard or us problem
    What are you even on about? If you plan on playing with group, be it like M+, Rated BGs or Raids of course you wanna coordinate with others.

Did you just skip entire message and focused on one word? Cause thats how it feels like.

- - - Updated - - -

How much fucking notice do you need a video game to give you?

Two weeks is as much or more notice than people get for actual, important things in life and you're freaking out over being "disrespected" by "pure scum" because you get two weeks notice before a video game patch?

Get some motherfucking perspective already.
    "its just a game bro" is non argument. Like explained above. Two weeks might be enough if they kept their release schedule consistent. With overstretching like 9.1, 2 weeks NOT enough especially since its a vacation season.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

There is a reason I've blocked kaminaris lol.

If only we had a ptr that lasted the typical 2ish months, if only we had a reasonable leak a month ago giving us the date. Nope, completely and utterly blind sided by this patch, literally no one had a clue it was going to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Why would they be stupid enough to release a summer raid?
    Being this late 2 more months wouldn't have mattered at all.

Only 2 people (true no lifers) out of my whole friends list is excited about the raid coming and everyone else is meh, its 30c outside and sun everyday, cba to raid like this.

This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Wish you fun with this patch

What are you even on about? If you plan on playing with group, be it like M+, Rated BGs or Raids of course you wanna coordinate with others.

Did you just skip entire message and focused on one word? Cause thats how it feels like.

So..what's different between patch day and now then...the raid isn't out till a week after the dungeon isn't going anywhere M+ is still the same with the same gear BGs are still the same..so once again why

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Why would they be stupid enough to release a summer raid?
    Being this late 2 more months wouldn't have mattered at all.

Only 2 people (true no lifers) out of my whole friends list is excited about the raid coming and everyone else is meh, its 30c outside and sun everyday, cba to raid like this.

This is fully ignoring the patch is not nowhere ready lmao... Have anyone actually been to PTR?
    Wish you fun with this patch
    You obviously haven't, its mostly ready on the PTR lol.
    Summer patches are fine lol, and releasing 2 months later would have pissed a lot of people off. Funny enough just about everyone on my friends list is either pumped for the raid or pushing M+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

This forum and other places have been calling other MMOs the "WoW Killer" for almost the entire time WoW's been around. Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 14, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, the one that everyone though was so good because it had player housing and telegraphed mob attacks - what was it called? Started with a W.

WildStar. That's it.

All of those were going to be the "WoW Killer". And where are they now? Which of them has anything near WoW's level of success?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    No because what people really want is modern wow simplified with how classic was, the simplicity of the old days with the good improvements, new adventures and stories. Blizzard seems to be ignoring all of that look at 9.1 they are adding even more freaking systems on top of systems. Eventually the nostalgia wears off and people slowly leave the game not to mention they are trying to monetize the nostalgia which is souring the player base.
    No, what the people want is a social MMO. Blizzard refuses to do it. All of the social players have fled. You have this small slice of antisocial gogogo types remaining that are bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    This forum and other places have been calling other MMOs the "WoW Killer" for almost the entire time WoW's been around. Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy 14, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, the one that everyone though was so good because it had player housing and telegraphed mob attacks - what was it called? Started with a W.

WildStar. That's it.

All of those were going to be the "WoW Killer". And where are they now? Which of them has anything near WoW's level of success?
    None of them had a "value add". Not a single one. So the entire MMO market has been shrinking.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So..what's different between patch day and now then...the raid isn't out till a week after the dungeon isn't going anywhere M+ is still the same with the same gear BGs are still the same..so once again why
    Are you honestly dont understand that whenever a new patch comes out and groups of people (ex. guilds), doing same stuff, kinda want to plan their time beforehand because maybe, just maybe they are adults and have their own responsibilities and plans? Its not a single player game when you can hop in and play whenever you want - I mean for some people it is.

I genuinely lol'd when people expect others to play on PTR in order to guesstimate when patch is out, this is straight up bs.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Are you honestly dont understand that whenever a new patch comes out and groups of people (ex. guilds), doing same stuff, kinda want to plan their time beforehand because maybe, just maybe they are adults and have their own responsibilities and plans? Its not a single player game when you can hop in and play whenever you want - I mean for some people it is.

I genuinely lol'd when people expect others to play on PTR in order to guesstimate when patch is out, this is straight up bs.
    No not that at all...more like what different amount of time are they spending 2 weeks from now that they aren't spending now....or spending before? I can imagine a lot of people were on a break but hey I do a raid every Tuesday and Wednesdayfor 2 hours and spend an hour on M+ on Thursday doesn't exactly change with a patch