Need upgrade advice

Ok, so I know I need a bunch of things probably, most of this hasn't been upgraded since the computer was bought (like 10+ years ago /cringe). Do you guys have any suggestions on the cheapest way to go to upgrade this stuff? We don't really have a huge amount of extra money right now. Is it a lost cause? ^^;

CPU : Intel Core i7 930
    Motherboard : Alienware 04VWF2
    RAM : Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 DDR3 x 4
    Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 750Ti
    Power Supply : 875W PSU
    Operating System : Windows 10

EDIT: I do have the service tag for the original parts if it is needed.. just let me know!
    EDIT 2: found PSU-ish
    Last edited by Meer; 2021-07-30 at 12:42 PM.
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Well, it's not easy. Do you have a SSD? If not, then that's the cheapest upgrade that doesn't cost much. Get 1TB for 100$, install your OS and your games on it.
    Else... CPU, Motherboard and RAM are an upgrade package. You can't upgrade one without upgrading the others.
    And the GPU... GPUs are expensive right now. Also a new GPU would probably get bottlenecked by the CPU depending on the game you're playing.
    PSU is just support for your other parts, check it before getting a new GPU or CPU. It won't give you anything on its own.

So my advice: SSD if not already in use or save money for a new PC.

Pretty sure I just have HDD and not SSD.

I am willing to do an upgrade combo if there is something out there that wouldn't break the bank but still will run decent!
    Life Grip -Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could find one of these --> https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/...614X5690).html

You might need to update de microcodes and check if that CPU runs on your mobo. Other then a Xeon you will have to replace all your computer.

- - - Updated - - -

xeon's are normally cheap nowadays.

Would something like this be work 1.1-1.4k?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6-Core, 16GB DDR4 2666, GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB, 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD, WiFi
    Life Grip -Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    Would something like this be work 1.1-1.4k?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6-Core, 16GB DDR4 2666, GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB, 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD, WiFi
    No.

Ryzen 3600 ~ $200
    Motherboard ~ $100
    16GB 2666Mhz RAM ~ $65
    480GB SSD ~ $50
    2TB HDD ~ $55

1660 Super SHOULD be ~$200 but is more like ~$450 atm.
    Even if I add it all up with the super inflated GPU price, it doesn't come close to 1.1k, much less 1.4.

That system should be ~$700 max. Also don't buy 2666Mhz memory, that's really slow and will be a bottleneck. Aim for at least 3200Mhz.

To be honest if you don't have extra money to burn right now, just don't buy a new PC. It's pretty much never been as bad a time to buy a new PC as for the last ~9 months.

Thanks for the advice!! I will just save up some and keep looking then!
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Leave more budget to Mobo, CPU, SSD, RAM