Best dps partner for hunter in 2v2

Hi everybody. I have a friend coming back to the game and he’s probably gonna main an hunter. I’m tryin to understand what would be the best 2v2 team to make with him. I’m thinking about double dps in order to make funnier and faster games, I have DK Pally Sham Mage and Warlock to choose from, and I was thinking of leveling a rogue. Can some skilled hunter tell me which of these classes would make a good partner for the hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by StevetheLame View Post
    Hi everybody. I have a friend coming back to the game and he’s probably gonna main an hunter. I’m tryin to understand what would be the best 2v2 team to make with him. I’m thinking about double dps in order to make funnier and faster games, I have DK Pally Sham Mage and Warlock to choose from, and I was thinking of leveling a rogue. Can some skilled hunter tell me which of these classes would make a good partner for the hunter?
    Ret makes a good partner for any DPS with the offheals and utility spells, plus you can carry a game with your damage. I've seen good players play Ret/x to 2400 in 2s. Rogue is probably second best, but requires a lot of co-ordination and setup with a much higher skillcap.

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    Ret makes a good partner for any DPS with the offheals and utility spells, plus you can carry a game with your damage. I've seen good players play Ret/x to 2400 in 2s. Rogue is probably second best, but requires a lot of co-ordination and setup with a much higher skillcap.
    Yeah, Ret is pretty good right now - the only issues are that it requires an unusual amount of awareness, since you have to be a melee and a "healer" at the same time. Your single-target beneficial spells are great, but also require a lot of macros for targeting teammates - BoF, BoP, SaC, Sanctuary, FoL, WoG, Cleanse... having to target friendlies so much as melee is very awkward. It's worth it thought, it's a great time for Ret, however as usual - easy to pick up but surprisingly hard to master. But, if you're ever gonna try it, now is the time.
    Last edited by Tangra58; 2021-08-26 at 10:00 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your advice

Go with disc/holy priest, it's probably the best comp for 2s and disc in 2s plays pretty much as support/DPS hybrid anyway.

Especially if you are kinda new to the arena or returning to game, it's just extremely powerful and easy to play comp in 2s.

advice

i highly suggest a healer. (Hpriest/Rdruid best but Rsham/Hpal viable)

if you really wanna do double dps there are only really 2 options i think mesh well with hunter and that's Ret Pally and Feral Druid.

you'll be playing on hard mode tho compared to hunter / healer which is S+ Tier in 2s

Rdruid or priest for healer. Dps I dunno, sub rogue survival is actually gross if you’re good. You could play feral, ret, ww any of the usual 2s double dps suspects but your ceiling is way higher as rdruid/bm for example.