Best/worst regions of the US.

What do you consider the best region of the US? The worst?

Maine is one of those states that nothing seems to happen. That can be appealing.

Florida.

I have traveled a lot. Few places are as thoroughly wretched as Florida.

North West part of the US mainland is my personal favorite. Nice weather, mostly chill people, and in general a lot less of the day to day QQ most the country has.

Stay away from LA and San Francisco. In fact, you might want to stay away from California altogether. It's getting pretty bad. The police no longer send people over to stop shoplifting, so businesses in the big cities have been closing up shop and moving out, making it harder to acquire things. The politicians refuse to expand the power grid and we get regular rolling blackouts during the summer. The politicians want to implement a gas tax and force everyone over to electric cars by 2035... when electric cars cost way, way more than gas cars to maintain, you have to spend an hour charging the battery (which only lasts 300 miles), and there are very few charging stations, you have to pay for the, and they are located in bad neighborhoods or in the middle of nowhere (so you're standing in 100+ F heat for an hour while it charges!), and with rolling blackouts... you might not even be able to charge your car to go to work on some days. Smog is really, really bad near the big cities. Also, drought is getting worse. Wildfires are getting worse (for decades the firefighters kept extinguishing wildfires rather than letting them take their course and take out the dead stuff, so over the years more dead stuff has accumulated and the wildfires are getting worse and worse and are burning suburban areas). Housing prices are getting ridiculous, etc. Highway traffic congestion is getting even worse.

I don't see myself sticking around for much longer. Most of my extended family have bailed and have moved to the Plains or Southeast states. Most of my friends are gone too.

Best? New England. Safe. Secular. Educated. The right amount of progressiveness. Communality without the total abandonment of individual liberty.

Downside is the weather is pretty shit from November to April.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2021-06-20 at 07:51 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'd say North Carolina is probably on par with Georgia when it comes to there being a whole lot of nothing. Maybe I'm biased since I've spent most of my time there in and around Fayetteville, or Fayettenam as it's known among the locals. That place is all strip clubs and car 20% APR car dealerships. It's the largerst flytrap built around the largest military base in continental US. You can only imagine the quality of life in and around that place.

5+ Year Old Account
    Houston TX
    Generally good weather all-year round.
    Nice place to live.
    Good schools.
    Nice amenities. Shopping malls. The Galleria largest mall. Parking is still horrendous though.
    Yes, traffic still sucks but you get used to it. Actually it's not even that bad I don't think any more.
    And good food! Very Diverse Choices of Food! Houston has a variety of diverse foods from all over! China Towns! Bellaire Blvd. Indian food. Mediterranean food. Mexican food. Italian food. Everything!

Worst?
    Hmm, I guess L.A. because of the traffic?
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-06-29 at 02:40 PM.