Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Id rate WoW's community as poorly as Dota/LoL type competitive communitites.

WoW's community is in the garbage. And has for the longest time.

Nearly every level of the game outside of the RP weirdo's filling up their favourite Inn is a toxic shit show.

Wanna join in the new raid? Sorry you need to have the correct achievement to show you've already cleared it and you also have to over gear the raid.

You're a veteran coming back to check out the new updates? Well sorry you dont have any RIO so all that past experience means shit sorry /shrug better roll a tank and learn those routes off a guide, rather than you know...playing the game and learning for yourself.

You wanna pvp and enjoy some WARcraft? Have fun vs all the glads and R1's selling boosts and inflating lower ranked matches so you have a frustruting slong to even find accurate competition not just fighting people who madly outgear and outskill you so they can buy another rare mount off the BMAH because their other 500 mounts are not good enough.

Add to that the general largethic and dead mood around the development of the game and the original creators fleeing to create their own damn gaming companies to escape the toxic work culture. Its all rather depressing and hard to find any enjoyment out of the game regardless of content quality.

I recently started playing another game which I wont mention because im sure this forum will find enough reasons to latch onto how I'm a hater so I dont need to muddy the water with another name but damn, its so much different when the community isnt hot garbage.

Vanilla WoW had a return to form for a few weeks while it was fresh and people were leveling and then it quickly devolved into "LF WARR/3 MAGES/PRIEST"

sigh.

"toxic shit show" "experience means shit" "frustrating slong" "lethargic and dead mood" "creators fleeing" "toxic work culture" "depressing and hard to find enjoyment"

And then you have the gall to say you've found another game which you won't identify cause you don't want to be called a hater. Seems to me if you felt defensive enough to even bring up the idea that you already know you are.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good to know i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "toxic shit show" "experience means shit" "frustrating slong" "lethargic and dead mood" "creators fleeing" "toxic work culture" "depressing and hard to find enjoyment"

And then you have the gall to say you've found another game which you won't identify cause you don't want to be called a hater. Seems to me if you felt defensive enough to even bring up the idea that you already know you are.
    thanks for so accurately representing exactly what im talking about and why I didnt name it.

predictable lot you are.

I'd be inclined to agree. Vanilla is a game I genuinely enjoy,and TBC even more so,but Classic has been thoroughly ruined for me because of the community.

It's a shame because I'd love to play that game,but I just don't want to play it with those people

I've had my share of toxic communities in games over the years,but WoW's community is the only one I've seen actively draining the fun out of the game (granted,I don't play MOBAs so I managed to dodge those cesspits at least)

And what do you want us to do about it, exactly?

Report the bots and the boosting? People have been doing it forever and it's not solving jack.

Should we ostracize people who do behaviour bad for the community? It's unenforcable with realm communities dead - people can just transfer, boost, race/faction/name swap, or level and gear alts quicker than ever.

We also can't exactly do anything about devs shifting jobs.

So literally, what are we supposed to do with this info, sulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    So literally, what are we supposed to do with this info, sulk?
    More or less,yeah.

I read on TV tropes once "The bigger the community the worse it is" take some super obscure show that only 3 people watch and they will be the nicest people you'll ever meet

Sorry, I mean full offense, but posts like this directly contribute towards the toxic community. Of course the people who enjoy the game aren't going to like your post, and the people who don't enjoy the game will join you in talking down towards it, and thus a continuous cycle of attack and defense.

If you've found another game, great, go play it. I'm a raid logger, and my guild has been taking a break until the new raid comes out. You know what? My weab ass has been having an absolute blast playing Genshin Impact.

I know WoW will be there when my core group comes back to beat dragons up, and until then, I don't enjoy what else the game has to offer, and I don't mind that.

I know I'm speaking from a bit of a place of privilege when I talk about wow, considering I've been playing with the same core group of people for about 15 years now (we come, we go, we come back 6 years later, we find new people, some of them stick around, some of them don't, life goes on), but this game really is a lot more enjoyable when you find a group of people to play with and stick with them.

Idk if the community overall is toxic, but there are certainly a lot of toxic group leaders/guild leaders in WoW. Seeing that little crown must inflate egos.

WoW absolutely is the League of Legends of MMO's (>_<) no doubt

It's why the "single player" dungeon/raid finder modes exist for people like me who can't/don't want to stomach all that.

The hardcore players have their game, and people like me who want to do things at our own pace can also have our own game.

I agree the community is trash but threads like these are what make it trash. The MMO community at large has always been a toxic cesspool, some of the most toxic ones hold directorial positions at Blizzard now.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    thanks for so accurately representing exactly what im talking about and why I didnt name it.

predictable lot you are.
    I just quoted bits of your own quote to show how laughably biased you are. They call that arguing in bad faith. Um, what are you even trying to discuss? Is this just a WoW-hate blogpost?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    OP seems pretty accurate, actually.
    Indeed it is. Ion & co. want a competitive, esport friendly game, the likes of Dota or LoL... and they have at least managed to clone the toxicity of the respective communities into WoW's. It's a promisory beginning, and there will be more successes to come
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Barely noticed anything the last 6 years since I came back. Though if I want some toxic fun I just do some random bgs. Thats hella fun

Though back in the day... Not so bad then either, but way worse than the later years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most probably too many young males. Young males often seek for some sort of "war" like competition system or they create one by their own. That's why I appreciate women in every system to cool down the atmosphe and make it less cringe and more relaxed. Observing the behaviour of video Game players I can almost smell their puberty sweat.
    My advice: relax, clear the situation and make everyone profit. Leaving them alone in their puddle of testosterone is also not nice
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing about WoW IS the community and it has been for a long time.

But this is what Blizzard have created by designing the game around "being good" instead of having fun.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    OP seems pretty accurate, actually.
    OP mentioned the majority of MMOs in different shades..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats alot of words for basically saying "I'm mad because i didnt get invited to a group!" But keep going blaming it on the community.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..