Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If they are smart, they have already moved most of the team to working on the next expansion and will abandon SL as fast as humanly possible.
    I and everyone I know are enjoying SL so no. They will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    So, in about one week, we get 9.1. The longest we ever waited for first patch. Blizzard has a lot riding on this, perhaps on Shadowlands as whole, but we all know that this patch doesnt have a lot of content. Im not complaining, at this point, Ill take whatever - but, how long do you think it will take before Blizz has to tease 9.2 with BIG stuff to get the playerbase back on their side?
    Probably in about 1 month or so... we will get hints/announcement... it's always like that. then 1-2 months until PTR and 1-2 months for live.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I reckon 9.2 will drop end of November so will be on the PTR around August. The question is will we get a 9.3 or will the next expansion be released about September-November 2022.

If we do get a 9.3 in say April or May 2022 then good chance we won’t see new expansion til the first couple of months of 2023

10+ Year Old Account
    Officially? Blizzcon online next year probably with release a month later. PTR though would likely be November-December. There might be a 1.5 in between "tracking the Jailer" quest patch where Valor gets adjusted and mechanical tweaks are made to tide people over somehow but it's going to be a few months till we hear anything.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I and everyone I know are enjoying SL so no. They will not.
    I and everyone i know thinks SL has been a complete disaster, and is not currently playing. See how that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

They won't announce anything related to it before the initial 8 weeks of time gating are over. Probably another 1-2 month(s) after that for good measure, so we won't see any announcement before october.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats actualy really really unlikely,unless 9.2 is a small patch with a mini raid or dungeon,but i doubt that considering thats coming in 9.1,a month with only 3 weeks of a raid? kekw

no,what would actualy be smart is pull the plug now and start working on the next expansion
    It depends if they pull the plug on Shadowlands. If subs continue to drop in 9.1 and they will because of the sheer amount of competition compared to yet another borrowed power expansion that community is just sick of elites and casuals like. They might try to wrap it up with 9.2 then content drought until the new Void expansion.

The systems in Shadowlands are just far too intense to reasonably handle.

question to me is, do they do a 9.1.5 or go for 9.2. I suspect a 9.1.5 right around FF14's expac launch (Nov) less they are shockingly fast and do a full 2.0 then.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Its funny how many people complain about no content when only a small amount finished M Nath without paying for a boost. A good chunk of people still never finished H Nath. Wow Mentality "Oh gosh someone else cleared the game, we are all out of content"

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Its funny how many people complain about no content when only a small amount finished M Nath without paying for a boost. A good chunk of people still never finished H Nath. Wow Mentality "Oh gosh someone else cleared the game, we are all out of content"
    And that’s why enjoyable content is sometimes added. And preferably with examples of what/when said person found content enjoyable. So as to derive why they don’t find the things current to their liking.

And as for mythic (1993 guilds with maybe 1 extra person to bring in)

Mythic plus at 2072+, aka flat 20s with no time remaining were done by like 18.6k characters,

Then for glad well the api is such a crappy mystery box you can’t see 100% of everything, and have to accept what the ladder provides. Count is very likely way shorter than that.

The point being you can’t thrust standards/goalposts on people when very likely most can’t make it. Even if time allowed. So a bit disingenuous to do so. But yeah heroic is a pretty decent metric of participation, along with rival, and ksm.

Although I do agree that some people fall into this category, I think most fall into a different category. When most say "there is no content / nothing to do" what they are saying is "there is nothing for me to do that I enjoy, and the things I do enjoy I completed very quickly". What I absolutely hate seeing is a player saying "man, I have nothing to do in game, its just so boring" and some smartass replies with something like "omfg have you even obtained every single pet in game? Do you have 100% completion in every zone since vanilla? If not your complain is INVALID!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    And that’s why enjoyable content is sometimes added. And preferably with examples of what/when said person found content enjoyable. So as to derive why they don’t find the things current to their liking.

And as for mythic (1993 guilds with maybe 1 extra person to bring in)

Mythic plus at 2072+, aka flat 20s with no time remaining were done by like 18.6k characters,

Then for glad well the api is such a crappy mystery box you can’t see 100% of everything, and have to accept what the ladder provides. Count is very likely way shorter than that.

The point being you can’t thrust standards/goalposts on people when very likely most can’t make it. Even if time allowed. So a bit disingenuous to do so. But yeah heroic is a pretty decent metric of participation, along with rival, and ksm.
    Good points on all counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

June 2022. CALLING IT

November simply because thats when ffxiv next expac launches. Blizzard says they dont target competitors launch days but suprisingly they launch everything on or near other games big patches or expansions lol.

Depends on how much blizzard has its stuff together. If they did, I would say it would be looking at a 4 to 6 month wait, which would put it at late October or early-mid December. Which does have the potential to put it around FFXIV's Endwalker release date.

If there is a 9.3 and they do have their stuff together, that would be about Feburary to May release date.

Assuming then there is the wait from 9.3 to 10.0, we are potentially looking at a 233 to 460 day wait based on prior last patch lengths. Yes that excludes Vanilla's as it feels like an outlier at this point with only a 160 day wait till TBC compared to later expansions. In which we might see a Nov 2022 release date to a June 2023 release date.

I highly doubt they will be able to make anything until early 2022. They just seem to have... internal organisational problems? Just a feeling.
    Also Blizzconline is in early 2022. So the can release the last patch (yes i don't think there will be a 9.3) a bit before revealing the new expansion and borrowed power of the next few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harder difficulty is not content in my eyes. Im not saying you cant count it as content in your eyes, but our guild cleared heroic in december, we farmed till march or so, and then slowly everybody started disappearing to other games, so for us, we did the content we could and looking at 9.1, it will again take us about 1-2 months to clear heroic, then 3-4 months to farm after to get to our top ilvl, and then its done. Unless we get some kind of torghast challenge or something, there simply wont be much to do this patch besides the usual you need in order to maximize your dps/hps in raids (grind reps, currencies, m+ etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There are two complete unknowns:

1) Is Blizzard back to speed from Legion/first half of BfA?
    2) Will we have 9.3?

If both answer are yes, we will have 9.2 on November, so first PTR build late September (of course 9.1.5 between raid patches). If any of them is no, 9.2 will launch early next year.
    The 2nd one is not unknown. It was confirmed SL will have full patch cycle.

I and everyone i know thinks SL has been a complete disaster, and is not currently playing. See how that works?
    People are not playing SL because of the long patch, not because they didn't like the content. The common consensus was actually that it was pretty good. Not that I think it matters what the consensus is, but yeah. Can't claim SL was received poorly on-line.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Yes, we do, and that's exactly why your original opinion is irrelevant.

SL is great. Less whining.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats actualy really really unlikely,unless 9.2 is a small patch with a mini raid or dungeon,but i doubt that considering thats coming in 9.1,a month with only 3 weeks of a raid? kekw

no,what would actualy be smart is pull the plug now and start working on the next expansion
    Its interesting how so many of you misunderstand what the op asked.

He didnt ask when 9.2 was coming, he asked when we would get a first look at 9.2