Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can't wait for Classic WoD for that authentic Garrison experience again!

I'm waiting for Classic Shadowlands ... can't wait.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I am waiting for Classic Era+, TBC just isent that fun.

Not particularly. I mean, I liked Wrath for the most part but still not convinced to re-play it, mostly because it's much more similar to retail than vanilla and tbc and with that being the case I'm waiting more to see what's the next expabsion and what it will offer (though hopes are very low).
    By waiting, I mean re-enjoying tbc.

WotLK is the time that the game started go downhill in a few very crucial things for me even if loved most of it.
    Still not decided if i will play it or not.

Not "just waiting", currently enjoying leveling in TBCC. But definitely looking forward to WotLK.

Not really.
    But one thing for sure: the community is already that bad as it was during WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Am I the only one leveling characters and professions for wrath?

TBC was good back in the day but I loved wrath more and just getting alts up and professions.

I know it would probably be about a year and a half out but is anyone else just sitting on the side lines waiting to get on that boat to boring tundra?
    I m perfectly happy with tbc and won t go forward to wotlk if blizzard releases wotlk classic.

WotLK is the first expansion where classes are fun to play in PvE.

In Vanilla and TBC, most classes and specs were completely horrible whether it came to viability or spells/abilities scaling with stats. You ended up with certain specs being brought only for the 1-2 raid buffs they gave, eg. Balance Druids gave 2% Melee/Ranged Hit to bosses and 5% spell crit for party. Or Feral Druids being the only ones with 5% Melee/Ranged Crit.

Now for the other issue of your character benefitting from all of the stats given on gear. We can take a look at 2 of the biggest offenders of TBC; Warlock and Hunter.

Warlocks in the eyes of many many people were always seen as the DoT class. Every spec used DoTs to do damage(Destro less so, but it still used corruption for a long time in later expansions). Then how come every single Vanilla and TBC end game build revolved around 1-button spamming of Shadow Bolt? It's because it scaled off Crit(and Haste in BC). DoTs only scaled their damage via Spell Power, this made them dead on arrival at end game raids(and in vanilla you had limited debuff slots). Wrath came around, gave Warlocks talents that benefitted using DoTs on the target(procs such as Eradication and Molten Core) as well as made them benefit from haste as well as crit by default.

Hunters had the issue of Steady Shot and not much else happening for them during TBC. And again the biggest offender was spells not scaling with stats(in hunter's case, none of their abilities scaled off stats except for Steady Shot and Aimed Shot). Arcane Shot and Serpent Sting always did the same damage whether you just dinged 60/70 or were in Best-in-Slot endraid gear(unless you were memeing with +arcane/+nature dmg gear, which was...a meme). WotLK came around, gave all hunter abilities AP %coefficient scaling and suddenly they were used again.

For the other reason why WotLK was best for PvE, every single spec in the game got a real rotation if they didn't have one already(but was suppressed by garbage game design as I described above with Warlocks and Hunters).

10+ Year Old Account
    These things always appear to be more likeable when they are months or years away. The closer time gets to launch the bloom will come off of that rose. It's practically inevitable after 18 months of "Wrath was great" / "Wrath was garbage" arguments. It's enough to sour most people on nearly anything.

For myself: of the launch content and two expansions I think I had more fun in Wrath than the others but that was mostly due to being in a great—nearly ideal—guild situation. They hybrid social/raiding guild that had multiple raid teams and a healthy number of people who were more interested in casually running dungeons or whatever is very difficult to find these days. It's worth thinking about that the long-term disembowling of guilds starting with the misbegotten guild reward system that over the long term practically killed the social guild experience may have something to do with the parallel arc of unhappiness with how the game is going. Pugging is no substitute for a guild, never mind playing alone.

I would long ago have left except for a few friends and family members that still play. This applies across both games but is very acute in classic because nostalgia-fueled expectations are generally higher.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-06-24 at 08:47 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There are very few things in life I’d sit around and wait 2 years for. Considering it takes no more than a few weeks to level to 70 (from 60) and cap professions, I’d rather do something else for the next 21 months and come back when it’s less crowded and prep is easy.

I enjoy TBC a lot, though. If I didn’t? Hell no, way too easy to come back a bit before WotLK.

I definately am. Classes were unique, gameplay was solid, PVP was at its best, dungeons were fun. And best of all Northrend is a beautiful continent to do quests. I always found it an overall improvement over TBC with maybe the raiding being its exception, although Ulduar and ICC rank among the best raids of the game. To this day WotLK still has very active private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for classic BFA, that shit was awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I have not and will not play any "classic" WoW. I already played those expansions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yes! I really dont care for TBC. But i'm eagerly waiting for WotlK, which i will blast from the beginning until the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm enjoying the hell out of TBC Classic, but I won't lie to you, I'm really looking forward to WotLK Classic since it was the true pinnacle of WoW.

Wotlk is and will forever remain a mixed bag for me.
    Some its features were good (at least at the time) such as Glyphs or (at least some) new added spells and Northrend is still one of my favorite continents within the game.

But i also hold the opinion that it was Wotlk that truly fucked WoW and set the game on a path which i don't enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    No, I'm enjoying the hell out of TBC Classic, but I won't lie to you, I'm really looking forward to WotLK Classic since it was the true pinnacle of WoW.
    Indeed. It will also be a proper ending for me after riding again through classic vanilla - tbc - wrath . Blizzard can't create a new decent mmo experience if their lives depended on it.

Nah, I remember the expansion just fine. Warts and all.

MoP is where I'd get stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Lol no. Especially the expansion classic(s) feel so silly to me. Atleast in vanilla classic you had that 'unique' leveling experience, but what does tbc/wrath has to offer? Just mediocore endgame of content we've been through already.
    Some of us prefer the older model of progression ladder progressions. Beating A to get to B. Beating raid B to get to C etc. all the content is relevant.

Vs retails seasonal approach ripped outta d3 seasons where every patch is a soft reset and no progression is relevant

Edit: As for the Op, I kinda doubt I’d go back to Wotlk. Tbc doesn’t even have the allure of classic and tbc was my favorite. Wotlk is when the wraith babies were born, gear became trivialized and handed out like gift cards, and the raids were split between multiple difficulties and sizes. Some love that, others hated it. I was in the middle at the time but looking back with hindsight, the naysayers were right about the quality of WoW dying once everyone gets to raid in multiple difficulties, and about the store via the sparkle pony. Every doubt they had during Wotlk came to pass
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-24 at 12:42 PM.