Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't understand why people make so much fuss about Torghast, it only takes 30 min x 2 per week for 5 weeks (a grant total of 5 hours for full leggo upgrade) and you never have to set a foot there again. If people hate it then it is understandable, but claiming that it is another AP/Azerite grind is a pure disingenuity.

Corridors is a pure cancer, but it is an optional content so unless you are a hardcore masochist who wants to subject itself to Ion's perverted desires you do not need to do it at the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    That explains why I'm not playing then
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    But the content in WoD was fun and engaging. The content in Shadowlands is boring and mind numbing.
    Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked garrisons, except shipyard, which was added later with destroyable ships. And guess what, they kept iterating on the mission table keeping things I didn't like, like expendable troops and inability to maximize your success chance (WOD you could get max success with proper setup). It's also old and tired feature by now, and afaik it's not even fair between covenants because some have better troops...

Generally mission table was fun in WOD, artifacts were somewhat fun in Legion - because they were NEW. Recycling the same thing under another label is no longer new, and often after the novelty goes away, also no longer fun. Same with world quests. Worst part is SL removed the "easy" WQs I used to spam whole legion / bfa (kill 1 named mob especially) and has mostly tedious "fill the bar" ones which tbh was WOD apexis daily system everybody hated, skipped and then said there wasn't content - because "fill the bar" sucked that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    WoW could be far worse.
    When you have to compare something to something "worse" , you know its dog shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not in the bottom score for me, nor is it finished yet, so I can't give it a complete rating.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I actually agree with the premise. Shadowlands was okay, not great but not terrible, until the content ran out. Which was, sadly, in about 4 weeks. And then 6 months of nothing.

I love the expansion, but not the 7 months of drought.

Huh, No. I just don't like Shadowlands, period.

Don't tell me what I like and don't like, thank you very much. I'm reporting you for baiting.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Why do you want to force me your opinion about the game?

I honestly hate everything about SL except the raid instance. They butchered the classes I prefer, the zones are insanely dull or simply overdone (yeah I'm looking at you Mr Sparkleshitstorm Ardenwhatever), the m+ changes segregated our guild as you "need" to be same group to push all the 10+ runs and get 15 (will change as shit gets easier but the internal damage is already done), Maw is dogshit, Torghast was fun the first 20 times but is as much dogshit as Maw now, World Quests (again with same watered out concept) the 5man instances are rather OK but as a MW healer I dont have a fun time there with the constant pulling and my shitemana, the legendary system is shit (yay craft a new leggo every other patch due to tuning) and collecting conduits and so on is same shit as essences in prev exp, the mission table needs to finally go (it was boring copy/paste even last exp), the sanctum is another pointless grind that gives next to nothing.... and .... so.... on...

Yeah, salty as F but I've been around since Vanilla and the state the game is in atm is the worst by a mile imo, needless to say I unsubbed 4-5 months ago and SL can go f**k itself, see you next expansion, this will be your LAST chance from my pov Blizzard! Shape up and invent NEW stuff, stop recoloring old shit and reuse same old systems like every exp since Legion.

/Salty McTears
    Last edited by Dawon; 2021-06-25 at 08:32 AM.

Stop dick riding blizzard and wake up. SL is the worst in terms of classes and world content and overall stuff you have to do (nothing at all but world quest)

It's better than BFA, but not as good as Wotlk.

And I am not playing it right now, got eveyrthing I wanted in 9.0(CE, KSM, PvP Mount).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's face it, you wouldn't be playing if you were truly 100% frustrated with the game. When SL is compared to BFA which was full of systems atop systems on system for a system to unlock a system for a system or to WoD where we barely got any content at all, you should be far more thankful for what you have now than compared to then. SL is the new modern MoP. People hated MoP when it was current then loved it when WoD showed its true colors.

Fun fact: The wait between 9.0 and 9.1 is the same amount of time that it took for WoD to release all of it's content.
    But compared to 6.1 and 9.1 there's actual content worth doing. And 8.1 and 9.1? There's less systems. FAR less grind too.
    There is no forced grind in SL like we had with Azerite essences, legendary cloak/vision farm, and stuff to slow down your progression. Anima is entirely optional and has only cosmetic rewards behind it. Your legendary is the only thing you have to work for but even then with 9.1 it'll be even easier to get. Renown comes from all forms of content and is also completely optional on alts. You're not forced to do the campaign on them. Remember trying to farm coins for your BiS corruption? Remember receiving only 1 option in chest? You don't have to do that anymore in SL. Remember appexis crystals? Exalted and revered reps for flying in past expansions? Yeah, you don't need that either.

People cried about waiting now those same people are crying about receiving content. Put on the big boy and big girl pants, take off the rose tinted glasses, and instead of whining, submit actual feedback about the systems you don't like. New content is coming. There will be content in 9.1.5 and there will at least be a 9.2.

WoW could be far worse.
    i dont know man. content drought, stupid systems, idiotic class balancing. torghast. maw.
    Simple hotfixes & balancing need weeks to happen when we had the biggest beta / ptr phases ever.
    All the content just doesn`t feel really good. it`s the first addon since wod where i just login for raids.
    of course thats just me ...

could it be worse ? - yes.
    could it be a lot better ? - yes.

Anyway, happy you enjoy SL.

WoW could be far worse.
    The end of your post was a little depressing.

If we were talking about a job it would be fine, but when we basically have to comfort ourselves with a it could be worse about a game it might be better to play something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played since December, don't really have a reason to go back when the patch hits either.

I'm not the target audience for blizzard, don't think I have been for a long time. Not their fault, it just means my time goes elsewhere.

Let's face it, you wouldn't be playing if you were truly 100% frustrated with the game. When SL is compared to BFA which was full of systems atop systems on system for a system to unlock a system for a system or to WoD where we barely got any content at all, you should be far more thankful for what you have now than compared to then. SL is the new modern MoP. People hated MoP when it was current then loved it when WoD showed its true colors.

Fun fact: The wait between 9.0 and 9.1 is the same amount of time that it took for WoD to release all of it's content.
    But compared to 6.1 and 9.1 there's actual content worth doing. And 8.1 and 9.1? There's less systems. FAR less grind too.
    There is no forced grind in SL like we had with Azerite essences, legendary cloak/vision farm, and stuff to slow down your progression. Anima is entirely optional and has only cosmetic rewards behind it. Your legendary is the only thing you have to work for but even then with 9.1 it'll be even easier to get. Renown comes from all forms of content and is also completely optional on alts. You're not forced to do the campaign on them. Remember trying to farm coins for your BiS corruption? Remember receiving only 1 option in chest? You don't have to do that anymore in SL. Remember appexis crystals? Exalted and revered reps for flying in past expansions? Yeah, you don't need that either.

People cried about waiting now those same people are crying about receiving content. Put on the big boy and big girl pants, take off the rose tinted glasses, and instead of whining, submit actual feedback about the systems you don't like. New content is coming. There will be content in 9.1.5 and there will at least be a 9.2.

WoW could be far worse.
    Shadowlands is bad.

EVEN Classic wow is better, and that is a bit sad .

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Nope. I dislike Shadowlands.

1. I dislike class design. They promised class "unprune". Instead, we got just some artifact/azerite traits back. Close to 0 old spells were brought back to the game. WTB EXORCISM BACK!

2. I dislike ENDLESS systems upon systems, upon systems, upon systems..... In order to be able to PLAY my character (on what's considered as "base-design" level): I have to: farm renown, farm torghast, farm conduits, farm "legendary recipes".... It's NOT FUN! GET RID OF "BORROWED POWER"!

3. Covenants are HORRIFIC (I'm speaking about locked-in covenant abilities, soulbinds, traits and stuff).
    Sub-covenant activities are SUPER BAD DESIGNED. Unclear and HUUUUUUUUUGE grind (speaking about things like queens conservatory, path of ascension, etc, etc, etc....) There are countless sub-sub-sub-subthings, achies, reps, currencies that we don't know how/where/when to unlock. I find it strange how no one ever mentioned this. Maybe people don't even pay attention to that "system".

4. Gearing is.... BEYOND horrific! They need to GET RID of weekly rng slot machine (m+/pvp chests/vault... name it however you want).
    They need to give us back pve vendors where we can choose what we want to buy/progress for. Also, need to fix the "ilvl inflation".
    Having +50, +60, +70 ilvls WITHIN JUST 1 PATCH is out of this world. We need less gear to be thrown at our faces. Only 1st gear set (normal/hc, name it as you wish) and 2nd gear set (hc/mythic, name it as you wish). Also tier sets back!

4.1. PVP gearing is also beyond bad at this point. If you wish to have full honor gear (at "max lvl"), you have to farm bgs for HUNDREDS OF HOURS. While 1 guy can just enter M +1-2 and potentially get 2-3 items for 20 mins effort. While at the same time those items could be 10x better than honor vendor because theres no real "pvp stat". Bring back resilience.

5. Shadowlands story is worse of the worst!
    Best example for that would be "Limbo" WQ in Bastion.
    TLDR: If you die > you go to shadowlands > where you live another life > if you die there, you're DED.
    But then again... if LK calls you back, you have to answer the call.
    If you're elemental, you go to another Shadowlands.
    If you're demon, you go to yet ANOTHER ANOTHER Shadowlands.
    If you're mantd, you go back to life, because.... reasons....
    If you're "wild god or whatever "higher" being" - you go to Ardenweald, where you wait for God knows what to be reborn. lol...

And that's the ruckus just from 1 world quest.

Not to mention retarded reasons why Sylvanas works for the Jailer and Kel'Thuzad. The main "big baddies" who destroyed her life, her city, her people, her everything.. BUT SHE STILL HATES ARTHAS FOR DOING SO! :O

Lol.... it's just....... Speechless.

I"ll give 1 unpopular opinion here:

If BFA had better class design and no azerite power/traits/essences/corruptions- it would be great expansion.
    Ah yeah- and if it had pvp vendor.

Just 3 "small" things that would mean such HUGE difference.

Pretty much the same issue followed both BFA and SL. But so far, BFA is 100000x better than SL.
    At least Kul Tiras was.... BEAUTIFUL! And music was AMAZING!
    this, this and this!

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for everyone, but the reason I don't currently play is mostly based on the anima system and the lackluster few zones we have.

I am no stranger to grinds. I have grinded my fair share in the game over the years but the anima system is a huge grind that I find rather demotivating since each piece of transmog gear is so expensive. And yes you can get a sizeable chunk of anima each day, problem is that the WQs are so few and far between and you end up seeing the majority of them very quickly and after that it feels very repetitive for a reward that doesn't seem very large when you need tens of thousands of it for one transmog set. Not to mention other things like the upgrades for your sanctum claims a lot of anima too and you don't really want to behind on those either. This is why I haven't really bothered leveling up alts since there is no catch-up system on anima, only renown.
    Sure you get a nice chunk doing a few dungeons each week but that also has the problem that I don't need the gear anymore and I have no interest in doing M+(I can't stand timed stress).
    So at this point I am never going to finish any of those sets, and definitely not on all my alts, so why even try.

My other problem is I like 3 out of 5 zones, I just wish we had more and that they were connected. The disconnect between them is just a repeat of the disjointed system of Cata zones and the two continents of BfA, both or which I loathed. It made the world feel small and disconnected and you hesitate to travel because you know you will have to literally pause the game and do something else while waiting on a flight path. I WANT to play damnit. Sitting on a taxi just isn't fun.
    I wish they could instead have made it like a barrier between the different death realms, something shimmery that indicates we are stepping into something else. Heck maybe even go the Norse mythology way and have the aurora borealis be the barrier between the world's.
    Also the lack of different planes are very disheartening. I find the lore flimsy at best. Where is the endless planes my tauren characters yearn for in afterlife?
    I feel the Shadowlands as a place of lore creates too many problems for the rest of the established lore. It's a cool concept but I honestly don't think it fits in. It's too alien and distanced from what we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Same.
    Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked garrisons, except shipyard, which was added later with destroyable ships. And guess what, they kept iterating on the mission table keeping things I didn't like, like expendable troops and inability to maximize your success chance (WOD you could get max success with proper setup). It's also old and tired feature by now, and afaik it's not even fair between covenants because some have better troops...

Generally mission table was fun in WOD, artifacts were somewhat fun in Legion - because they were NEW. Recycling the same thing under another label is no longer new, and often after the novelty goes away, also no longer fun. Same with world quests. Worst part is SL removed the "easy" WQs I used to spam whole legion / bfa (kill 1 named mob especially) and has mostly tedious "fill the bar" ones which tbh was WOD apexis daily system everybody hated, skipped and then said there wasn't content - because "fill the bar" sucked that much.
    I really enjoyed the collection aspect of followers in WoD, leveling them up, building them out with the proper abilities, and getting a nice collection of 25 with good synergies. There's almost no customization options in SL, which I feel is lacking, though I do enjoy the tactical placement of troops that we got.

I'm just happy to see someone else who really enjoyed WoD. It was one of my favorite expansions, but it gets a ton of hate because of only two raid tiers.

You think you don’t, but you do.

Let's face it, you wouldn't be playing if you were truly 100% frustrated with the game.
    Well, I'm not =P

And what kind of bullshit logic is that? You're only able to criticize or think the game isn't great if you are 100% frustrated with it? Things are not black and white.

instead of whining, submit actual feedback about the systems you don't like.
    Well, that's what a lot of people are doing, except you're just boiling it down to "whining" because you disagree.

WoW could be far worse.
    "It could be far worse". They should print that on the box