Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This must be a physical collectors box thing because the digital versions of the collectors don't have CD keys. Seems odd, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    They are hosting it themselves, unless I am really really mistaken. It is basically a static webpage with some background connection to a database for key redemption. Sure, it costs something, but it also is literal peanuts for Blizzard.
    Actually it looks like the redemption is being handled by a company called Show.co so their agreement probably is set to expire shortly after the cutoff date and why they are warning people they need to redeem their codes.

That's why audio cd's were better

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I could be wrong, as I don't have a key to redeem, but based on the post it sounded like it was on iTunes/Spotify/etc which would be their servers and not Blizzard's.
    No, they're saying it's still available on streaming services but the download sites are going down. These aren't part of the streaming services and are hosted on Blizzard servers. These sites are really peanuts to them, given how bandwidth and hosting has changed over the years. We're talking about a relatively small amount of digital collector edition users downloading ~100MB. That's <$1,000 total costs to date, especially since there's many that haven't redeemed it.

Likely what's happening is they'd rather push people to use Spotify/Apple Music/etc cause those services pay them for each listen, even repeated listens. They can hide this as a "hey, it's still conveniently available on these services you use" instead of a "we want to earn more repeated revenue."

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Actually it looks like the redemption is being handled by a company called Show.co so their agreement probably is set to expire shortly after the cutoff date and why they are warning people they need to redeem their codes.
    Yeah, I now see the link on the bottom of the page. In that case it makes more sense. Still cheap from Blizzard, but oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    The whole point of the digital soundtrack is having them in FLAC. A lossless format.

Anyone can download a youtube rip of garbage quality...
    It takes 10 minutes to rip a cd to FLAC, they dropped the ball by not offering the CDs, but stuffing the box with worthless fucking cards.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Came here to say that...."Pease"..seriously? I even have a spell checker in my browser (which also tells me you wrote "anymore" wrong, so there is some irony to this )
    "Anymore" is the proper usage. "Any more" refers to quantities, "anymore" refers to time. The real irony is a spellchecker making you confident enough to insult someone while you're the one fucking it up

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yeah, I now see the link on the bottom of the page. In that case it makes more sense. Still cheap from Blizzard, but oh well.
    Yep. I doubt Blizz is paying more than a few hundred a month for the service (maybe less)...not even a rounding error for Blizz financials.

But, every penny saved is another penny for the top executives so...