Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New player models as an option in Classic

I would really like to see this. Some of the old models, like Dwarf are just awful and especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous and I would love to be able to use that model. I don't see anything wrong with this as an option.

This could even extend to new NPC models, like wolves and bears, and even druid forms. As OPTIONAL of course.

Some people will say that it is not classic, if there are any changes being made to the game.

1. If you don't like it, don't use it. It won't ever have an effect on you at all. This is a purely positive thing.
    2. We already have many changes in Classic, like being able to rearrange your characters in the login screen, being able to restore your deleted characters and even something very similar to an optional graphical update. The water effects in Classic were different. If I have my settings on high I see the new, wonderfully clear water that was later updated.

So I really don't see anything wrong with having these things as options. I have yet to see one coherent argument against an option for new character models.
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; 2019-09-14 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    No changes. /thread
    Too late. And I already adressed that in 2), read before you post.

Dont really mind that personally. I wouldnt use it, but if some would get Joy out of that go for it I say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why models are so important? O_o
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

100% on board with this as an optional feature available to those who want it. There’s no valid reason not to want something that wouldn’t affect you or your experience.

We already had like 20 of these threads.
    No changes.
    Everything is perfect in Classic.

I don't know that they should, and I'm fairly certain they never would, but I wouldn't mind it if they did. As noted in the OP, the graphics are already updated from Classic. monitor resolution, FPS, and Latency are vastly improved since 2007.

Orcs are my favorite class to play and I've always hated hunched-back orcs. No proud warriors, just some old beat down peons who are so worn out that they can't stand upright, but somehow managed to acquire and equip some epic armor.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Why models are so important? O_o
    It's the thing you see 100% of the time.

Water is less important than that surely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We already had like 20 of these threads.
    No changes.
    Everything is perfect in Classic.
    Again someone who didn't even read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I did.
    No changes.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't just say "hurr durr u didn't read my post" when someone disagrees.

It is simply not possible because the different animation rigs they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I did.
    No changes.
    You didn't.

I already adressed that. Twice.

There are already changes that have been made to Classic.

Now come back with an actual argument for why there can't be an optional, cosmetic thing in a game that already has changes made to it compared to the original version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You can't just say "hurr durr u didn't read my post" when someone disagrees.
    You too did not read my post. It wasn't about a disagreement. It was about having adressed their argument already in the OP because I knew it would come up. The argument that this optional graphical update should not be included in the game, on the grounds of that there shouldn't be any changes made to the game at all is a nonsensical argument when you consider that there have already been many changes made to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes .

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It is simply not possible because the different animation rigs they have.
    We had old and new models in the game in WoD and for a long time from that point on...

What are you even talking about?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the reason why we SHOULDN'T AND WILL NOT have WoD character models on Classic is because,even though its a togable change in the Interface menu, the actual skeleton and articulation of the new models are differnt from their old versions. You could argue that only yuo could see the updated model , and another player could still use the old one but you can't do that because everything with the model is different, not just his reskin. The walking, the running, the attack animations, they're all different.

Go to BFA and turn off the updated models. Pick up an orc for example. Even with the older model, you'll see he runs and acts like a recent model, even though his skin is the older version.

Leave classic as is...go have fun in retail with your new models...end of the story

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You could argue that only yuo could see the updated model , and another player could still use the old one but you can't do that because everything with the model is different, not just his reskin. The walking, the running, the attack animations, they're all different.
    What are you talking about. We could pick between old and new models in WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Leave classic as is...go have fun in retail with your new models...end of the story
    Absolute nonsense. I play both so... your point? I still have not seen a coherent argument against having the option for new character models.

What are you talking about. We could pick between old and new models in WoD...

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute nonsense. I play both so... your point? I still have not seen a coherent argument against having the option for new character models.
    nonsense is what you are talking about....classic is classic...retail is retail...keep the things as they was and should be...stop poking classic.

Did we really need another thread with 0 new arguments?

No we're not getting the new character models. They don't fit into the world, they don't fit with the old gear, the old animations don't work with them etc. Also the entire point of classic is to be as close as possible to the original. Just because some small changes were made it doesn't mean that they should continue changing stuff.

Just get over with it ffs. This topic has been brought up here since classic was announced and nothing happened and your thread won't change that either. There's nothing new you're saying here.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-09-14 at 09:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, If wanted to play with better models, I'd jump to retail instantly.

And I dont swing my setting to ultra, I sit on classic settings, so water argument isn't that cool I'd say. Well, mail changes are meh, stuff on character creation sounds really... dunno, I dont even know how to respond on that, does that really kill vanilla experience? haha.

I'm not against extra stuff if it doesnt affect actual gameplay, but I dont see why you want to change the game, because, well, it was player's (and developer's) decision to give it no-changes. And well, we should play vanilla because...? It's a different game. Pretend there is no new models, thats it.

Its more like you opened doom 2 but everything is so smooth and cool and ask people to downgrade it. You cant run from 15 years improvement. Blizz do a good job imo. Yeah, there are some stuff that "kill" that experience like layering, but man... Without layering I'd returned to M+ farm. It saved the game from supa big disaster.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon