Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I feel like using a dragon that pretends to be a female gnome using temporary magic as a good "trans" character will backfire.
    Why would that be bad trans representation tho? She's just using the abilities available to her to present as she wants. Even if its just an illusion, how is that any different than how trans people have presented historically. It's only recently that we've had the technology to actually change how we look anatomically. In the past, the best they could do is to wear certain clothes as well as binders and packers to create the illusion of being their ideal gender. And when you look at it that way, I think Chromie is great trans representation.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

Everyone treats him like the best character and villain written in WoW. I disagree.

Who's everyone? I mean, Sylvanas fans claim that most of the players will leave Wow if she dies and look at the result of my poll.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-and-her-fans

I also don't understand why you said that at all. If he's such a cool character, he doesn't have to be the strongest. Kosak's words about Arthas being weaker than Lei Shen saved us from making ridiculous claims about Arthas' power. His fanboys constantly tried to prove that he is at least stronger than Deathwing and at most a stronger being in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    "Steve wanted to explore how a dragon chooses their humanoid form with the short story involving Chromie and what it would mean for a male dragon to choose a female form. It is meant to show that the world of Azeroth has love and acceptance and an opportunity for people to see themselves represented in this world."

Love and acceptance in Azeroth, meanwhile Warcraft originated from Orcs and Humans battling it out with eachother over land and cultural differences.
    What a fucking joke.
    This guy is completely nuts and infected with social virtueing disease.
    Seems like you are afraid to grow as a human being. There is nothing wrong with what he wanted to do. Him doing actually writing it would be a problem since he's bottom tier IMO. But the concept is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Who's everyone? I mean, Sylvanas fans claim that most of the players will leave Wow if she dies and look at the result of my poll.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-and-her-fans

I also don't understand why you said that at all. If he's such a cool character, he doesn't have to be the strongest. Kosak's words about Arthas being weaker than Lei Shen saved us from making ridiculous claims about Arthas' power. His fanboys constantly tried to prove that he is at least stronger than Deathwing and at most a stronger being in the universe.
    Neither Sylvanas is.
    I'm team Garrosh

And, it would be silly to compare him with others 10x his size.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They changed the dialogue so that garrosh doesn't call her a bitch anymore. So -1
    I love the excuse he made up for it.

"U-uh.. some dev was playing with his kid and the dev felt weirded out by having their kid see a genocidal banshee woman who uses chemical weaponry be called a no-no word!!!"

1. If a kid is too young to hear 'bitch,' they're too young to play WoW. That dev wasn't following the rating of their own game.
    2. Sure, Danuser. It's not because it's your waifu or anything. You were just thinking of the children, which is exactly why all you did was go back to selectively remove two cases of Sylvanas specifically being called a bitch and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Replacing 90s metalheads fantasy fans with current year pseudo-activist fantasy fans was a mistake. I maintain that the peak of it was removing the word 'bitch' so that kids, who don't play WoW let's face it, can enjoy this wholesome game where the main story revolves around globe-spanning war, genocide and the emptiness of free will in a deterministic universe.
    You mean like how Metzen covered up Sylvanas for his daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    As for social messaging, personally I don't particularly care about the gnome herself, mostly because she totally fails as an analogy to what she's meant to demonstrate, since she can switch back and forth seamlessly at will. If you want a case where pond-deep social signalling actually damages the themes of the story being told Pelagos stands out. The entire gist of the Kyrian is that they involve shedding all mortal attachments and hangups to become what are essentially template forms. Making them able to decide what their sex is on the basis of the unresolved issues a mortal soul brought with them runs counter to that because it explicitly places value on mortality in that one extremely specific situation while dismissing in all other cases.
    Kyrian even having different sexes is suspect to begin with. However, through the process of elimination, I deducted that the cheese produced in Bastion must be produced from Kyrian milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    What makes it even better is that he tried to justify it with how it made sense because why wouldn't she wear armor, when according to lore her body is virtually invulnerable under normal circumstances, to the point she'd be fine even when falling from the top of the super tall Icecrown Citadel. So either that tiny bit of leather is somehow even more durable, or Metzen didn't know his own story (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    1. If a kid is too young to hear 'bitch,' they're too young to play WoW. That dev wasn't following the rating of their own game.
    Why aren't they implementing a filter for these kinds of things? Why do they have to ruin everyone else's experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I always thought it was part of a general trend of de-objectifying women.

Why aren't they implementing a filter for these kinds of things? Why do they have to ruin everyone else's experience?

Because it's an amazingly seethrough bullshit excuse and the real reason is he was mad that somebody insulted his waifu.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because that was a blatantly lie, he just did because he could not stand his waifu being called bitch

It prob was and he just use that as excuse.

This is a textbook example of virtue signaling. Blizzard doesn't ACTUALLY care. They're just losing lots of subs so they need to pretend to be woke to try and get Twitter users to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    she does not pretend, she IS.
    and its not temporary, they choose that form and they stick with it.

imagine saying this stuff to a real trans person, how about ya stop?
    I think that's where you just read way too into those dragons seemingly having to stick with a single form.

There are a plethora of examples where Dragons assume multiple forms or have a form that frankly did not exist when they were already a grown dragon.

Personally, i think this whole "sticking to one Mortal form" is more of a guideline within dragon society, sure, you can change, most dragons choose not to, but i think it's complete asinine to believe this may be somehow out of their power.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is a textbook example of virtue signaling. Blizzard doesn't ACTUALLY care. They're just losing lots of subs so they need to pretend to be woke to try and get Twitter users to play the game.
    Eh, kinda difficult, the lore team seems like a bunch that really digs this stuff, the overarching corporation however doesn't give the slightest fuck unless it somehow diminishes their profit.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-27 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kyrian even having different sexes is suspect to begin with. However, through the process of elimination, I deducted that the cheese produced in Bastion must be produced from Kyrian milk.
    The Kyrian should be androgynous, honestly. Proper sexless angels.

@Clone

Same origin. I'm hardly some crusader on defending Metzen from his fuck-ups. Hell, I think I actually have among the least negative opinions of Danuser on this thread.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    X was causing climate change in the past, now we have X, Y and Z causing it too, it is worse now than in the past.
    Yes but all of the things you listed have been ongoing since arguable WC3 there is no Y or Z that now puts it into being worse.

You want an example, ok
    , No. A singular or even multiple examples are worthless and people remember different things based on how they feel about them and could forget a ton of smaller cases because they feel no way towards them. The only way to make it into objective fact and out of the Realm of feelings would be to have an extensive list of every example ever and to have them be time stamped so you could get an objective measure of how frequent it has been and how that frequency has changed.

any thing less then that is going off of your feelings.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As a bi guy myself, I tend to roll my eyes whenever a big multi billion dollar company drags out the pride colours and tries to tell us they stand with us, then when the month is over they rip it down and go on their merry way. While also supporting and doing things that go against the LGBTQ community in general. Its slimly and dirt and is just there for good PR at the end of the day, I think we all know that.
    I'm really disappointed with Blizzard. Buying into the whole "Pride is gay-Christmas, let's sell them shit" without solid LGBTQ representation in one of their main titles is just icky. At the very least having a same-sex couple front and centre for an expansion would send a clear message that homophobes can fuck off so they're not trying to have their cake and eat it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if a character is trans

That dragon chose a GNOME
    Thats the real tragedy
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I’d save us all if I could challenge him to a writer’s Mok’Gora.

OT: Hey, at least his storytelling complexity won’t have to change if he’s writing children’s books!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it matters as much as "the world of Azeroth has love and acceptance". It ruins the storyline.
    Why? it's comply true and has been so since atleast Vanilla with factions like the argent dawn Accepting all races under a banner of unity.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    I’d save us all if I could challenge him to a writer’s Mok’Gora.

OT: Hey, at least his storytelling complexity won’t have to change if he’s writing children’s books!
    More suited to it, if anything. Can they just keep him doing that and get a halfway decent writer to start doing the actual main game stuff? You'd need no more than half an hour on Fanfiction.net to get a writer of a higher caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It prob was and he just use that as excuse.
    We'll see how well this holds up in his new project, I suspect he'll slip down the old faithful road of fantasy art tropes again and reveal himself to be a hypocrite.