Do bfa crafting perks carry over to sl?

Things like the extra mats enchant wand and things like that?

I've not been able to see a hard yes or no on it on wowhead.

No, they do not. Sorry. The BfA perks do not carry over to SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    No, they do not. Sorry.
    Ah well worth looking into thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not. However with gathering professions, the higher your skill the more you get. With 1 skill you get like 1 ore, with max you get 6-10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Things like the extra mats enchant wand and things like that?

I've not been able to see a hard yes or no on it on wowhead.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "extra mats enchant wand". Perks themselves went away several expansions ago so people are not forced to take certain professions just to get certain perks from it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "extra mats enchant wand". Perks themselves went away several expansions ago so people are not forced to take certain professions just to get certain perks from it.
    In one of BfA .5 patches some professions could acquire a neat perk (like a chance at getting more mats when disenchanting an item, a chance to proc more potions when crafting one with Alchemy). For example, on average, you got 1,8 potion/flask for 1 crafted.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For BFA there were Profession Tools crafted added that could be useful for certain Professions. The main benefactors were Enchanters who gained extra mats and Alchemists who created a Stone that could give an increased proc chance for multiple Flasks/Potions. Most of the others however were pretty useless.

Generally profession perks do not carry over. The only ones that really exist is Alchemy for double duration flasks and Engineering for the ability to use Engineering-specific items (portals usually).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

The way WoW works is anything you accomplish outside of cosmetics pretty much go away and are forgotten in the next expansion. Unfortunate, but a reality. Maybe one day for $99.99 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The way WoW works is anything you accomplish outside of cosmetics pretty much go away and are forgotten in the next expansion.
    at least it would be consistent if that were true. it isn't though. some things continue to work for expansion after expansion (Kafa Press), some continue and then suddenly get nerfed with no sense as to why (both Loot-a-rangs) and some die as soon as the level cap increases. it's usually best to assume everything will stop and then be pleasantly surprised with the few things that continue to work... and quietly hope blizz never nerf them

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    To add with what people were saying for any crafting profession(vs gathering) there were unique questlines that let you learn how to make an item. Said item gave a bonus, some better than others like tailoring, jc, and enchanting gave more mats in some way shape or form AFTER you created the item.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    at least it would be consistent if that were true. it isn't though. some things continue to work for expansion after expansion (Kafa Press), some continue and then suddenly get nerfed with no sense as to why (both Loot-a-rangs) and some die as soon as the level cap increases. it's usually best to assume everything will stop and then be pleasantly surprised with the few things that continue to work... and quietly hope blizz never nerf them
    Right... pretty much.. plays a role in what I said for sure.

I miss the LWing infinite drum from BFA.

The way WoW works is anything you accomplish outside of cosmetics pretty much go away and are forgotten in the next expansion. Unfortunate, but a reality. Maybe one day for $99.99 though.
    Yaaaawn. Can't you people find some new material? If everything from every previous expansion still mattered you'd all be here bitching about how you're "forced" to grind out a Carrot on A Stick and how Blizzard are just making you do old content to boost MAUs.

Believe the only profession now that has a 'perk' is Alchemy's double duration of flasks. Bit of a money saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Yaaaawn. Can't you people find some new material? If everything from every previous expansion still mattered you'd all be here bitching about how you're "forced" to grind out a Carrot on A Stick and how Blizzard are just making you do old content to boost MAUs.
    At least we are past the point of denial. Although we should at least keep it on the subject of professions a bit instead of on me.

I mean is it wrong? Doesn't most profession stuff get replaced or made useless each expansion?

At least we are past the point of denial. Although we should at least keep it on the subject of professions a bit instead of on me.
    Your attempt at redirecting is pretty ironic considering you came on this topic to whine and complain about the game, instead of contributing. If profession perks were carried over every expansion, you would bitch and complain about how Blizzard "forces" you to take some professions instead of others.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-06-29 at 11:23 AM.

I mean is it wrong? Doesn't most profession stuff get replaced or made useless each expansion?
    Everything does. Expansions have literally always been that way, because if they weren't the situation I was describing would happen: you'd start playing WoW tomorrow and have to spend 6 months of your life grinding irrelevant random bullshit from outdated content. Expansions are supposed to be resets in terms of character capability, you get to retain all this other random shit from the past expansion for prestige but it's game growth suicide to have shit from Cataclysm still impact on your performance when 10.0 is released.

This is just absolutely not worth complaining about. It dilutes the legitimate complaints about the game when you screech about shit like this.

Benefits gained in old expansiosn not carrying over to the new ones is one of the more annoying things in WoW, but that's just how it is and we all have to deal with it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.