Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    9.1 HUGE NERF to Farming Old Content

    TLDR; Farming old content now is almost impossible to do solo because of changes to damage

    As the expansions progressed, player damage had become an issue. WoD saw a reduction in player damage numbers and so did Shadowlands with the level crunch. This caused some discontinuity when players went back through old raids/dungeons, where players still did that massive damage.

    It appears that one of the unmentioned changes in 9.1 was a re-alignment across all content to match the damage that players do in Shadowlands. As I was just in Molten Core, i was struggling to solo the third boss. I haven’t tried later expansions yet but I imagine this will likely be worse in WOTLK+ raids.

    Big sad
    Last edited by Jaundiced; 2021-06-29 at 11:07 PM.
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...arora-full.jpg

    "Intelligence and Wisdom are not mutually exclusive. The presence of one does not imply the presence of the other."

  2. #2
    My favorite personal era of the game was from Wrath through MOP Before there was insta-gib bonuses to old raids (you were OP through ordinary scaling only) when soloing some content was still a fun and interesting challenge and way to farm mog and gold.

    But unless this is a precursor to actually turning all those old raids into relevant current content again, scaling correctly at 60, then this is a stupid change. It shouldn't take a group to clear the Core at 60 unless it's going to offer useful rewards.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    My favorite personal era of the game was from Wrath through MOP Before there was insta-gib bonuses to old raids (you were OP through ordinary scaling only) when soloing some content was still a fun and interesting challenge and way to farm mog and gold.

    But unless this is a precursor to actually turning all those old raids into relevant current content again, scaling correctly at 60, then this is a stupid change. It shouldn't take a group to clear the Core at 60 unless it's going to offer useful rewards.
    Agreed. I really liked soloing old content back in MoP. It was an interesting challenge.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  4. #4
    What? They broke it again?
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,762
    From what i have read it might just be Molten Core that is bugged. I hope so, farming old raids is the only real thing to do anymore. Though i wouldn't put it past them trying to force people into groups for it.

  6. #6
    Part of me wishes it would stay that way, just to break people’s addiction with only collecting legacy things. Would be interesting to see just how many people are left playing the 9.0+ content.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What? They broke it again?
    Either broke, or made an intentional but undocumented change. My gut tells me its a big, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  8. #8
    Hopefully this gets fixed. Farming old content helped kill a lot of time for content drought

  9. #9
    It's quite clear and obvious that it's a bug so report it and get on with life! It'll get fixed soon(tm), but I suspect it's more interesting to complain about the small indie company than to be reasonable for most of us here.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    It's quite clear and obvious that it's a bug so report it and get on with life! It'll get fixed soon(tm), but I suspect it's more interesting to complain about the small indie company than to be reasonable for most of us here.
    Obviously not as interesting as complaining about others complaining!

  11. #11
    hrm only old content i got left to farm for mog is mc and bwl whelp guess i wont be finishing those sets off... guess every time they give us a patach they seem to unintentionally brake something.....

  12. #12
    They only had 9 months to prepare. They never saw this coming.

  13. #13
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,419
    Give it a few days. This has happened in the past and they've fixed it relatively quickly.

    I don't know that having old raids being a little difficult is a bad thing necessarily but their past intentions was to make them easy and they'll likely just need to dial down something.

    EDIT: Apparently they've already done a hotfix for Molten Core. Gotta make assumptions about how terrible it will be though. Right?

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...s-june-29-2021
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-06-30 at 02:29 AM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaundiced View Post
    TLDR; Farming old content now is almost impossible to do solo because of changes to damage

    As the expansions progressed, player damage had become an issue. WoD saw a reduction in player damage numbers and so did Shadowlands with the level crunch. This caused some discontinuity when players went back through old raids/dungeons, where players still did that massive damage.

    It appears that one of the unmentioned changes in 9.1 was a re-alignment across all content to match the damage that players do in Shadowlands. As I was just in Molten Core, i was struggling to solo the third boss. I haven’t tried later expansions yet but I imagine this will likely be worse in WOTLK+ raids.

    Big sad
    Looks like its already been fixed and wasn't intentional.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaundiced View Post
    TLDR; Farming old content now is almost impossible to do solo because of changes to damage

    As the expansions progressed, player damage had become an issue. WoD saw a reduction in player damage numbers and so did Shadowlands with the level crunch. This caused some discontinuity when players went back through old raids/dungeons, where players still did that massive damage.

    It appears that one of the unmentioned changes in 9.1 was a re-alignment across all content to match the damage that players do in Shadowlands. As I was just in Molten Core, i was struggling to solo the third boss. I haven’t tried later expansions yet but I imagine this will likely be worse in WOTLK+ raids.

    Big sad
    And someone severely jumped the gun. It was a bug. Fixed. Close this thread.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaundiced View Post
    TLDR; Farming old content now is almost impossible to do solo because of changes to damage

    As the expansions progressed, player damage had become an issue. WoD saw a reduction in player damage numbers and so did Shadowlands with the level crunch. This caused some discontinuity when players went back through old raids/dungeons, where players still did that massive damage.

    It appears that one of the unmentioned changes in 9.1 was a re-alignment across all content to match the damage that players do in Shadowlands. As I was just in Molten Core, i was struggling to solo the third boss. I haven’t tried later expansions yet but I imagine this will likely be worse in WOTLK+ raids.

    Big sad
    They are constantly nerfing the ability to solo old raids, usually for gold farming purposes, I don't know how anyone can be surprised by this anymore

  17. #17
    They ever get around to fixing Legions broken scaling yet?

  18. #18
    You’ve been whining about content and how the gap is too much. Then day 1 when you get new content you cry about the old raids not being soloable anymore.

    Make up your mind.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They only had 9 months to prepare. They never saw this coming.
    Hey, maybe instead of being a wise ass, next time you go on the PTR and test all the old content for us, pal.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Hey, maybe instead of being a wise ass, next time you go on the PTR and test all the old content for us, pal.
    So what you're saying is you want the players to do blizzards job?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •