Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    right on que, here's another 6 month sub mount.

At this point, we should just accept this as the new norm every 6 months. this will never stop now, and this is forever a part of WoW's future.

is it that big of a deal? Not really and some will make a lot more of this than it is, but it is transparently greedy that they try to rope people in for the lifetime of the patch (if we're lucky) like clockwork, which doesn't really endorse a lot of faith in their own product
    As always, the People who will pay 6 months will have anyway. So it's just a straight up Bonus. FFXIV did Subscription bonuses for years and it was always nice to get something I would already be paying for.

If you are an Adult and you don't want to pay for 6months of WoW, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Well, actually they have been following themes
    The first half of the year has always been lunar new year mounts. And the second half has been themed for the expansion.

The ship was because BfA had pirates, in the alliance Kul Tiran zones.
    And the dragon was because of Mechagon.

Also blizzard are known for adding store mounts that have been mobs in the next expansion.
    Why do people keep saying the Dragon was because of Mechagon? It doesn't look like the same sort of tech as mechagon and came a long time after mechagon was released?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If I were Ion I'd rather make an expansion centred around Thalassian elves rather than pandaren, for obvious reasons. It's self-explanatory.
    Same for you and me both. But mounts are not necessarily tied to next expansion. Maybe the ahead of the curve ones do sometimes like the one from Archimonde that hinted to Emerald Nightmare or sth.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think other than the Chinese New Year animals, the others have been sort of related to current / upcoming content. Maybe a few mounts they created during development but didn't know where to fit them in. So they ended up on the store or used for a promo.

- Heart of the Aspects being a serpent dragon prior to Mists of Pandaria
    - Mystic Runesaber prior to Legion / Suramar
    - Fae Dragon prior to WoD / Shadowmoon Valley had a ton of Fae Dragons
    - Metal Dragon around the time of Mechagon
    - Pirate Ghost Ship during BFA with Freehold / Pirate content

Not sure if there are more examples.
    Heart of the aspects was intended to be a cataclysm themed mount. You know. The aspects. Was part of the marketing too. Before that was an unrelated sparklepony. Rest I agree with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    It would be nice actually....if that 6 months later wasn't 9 or 10, with 12 to 16 last patch.
    true I meant to represent a lot more deadtime^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    It's obvious it's some kind of pay to win scheme.
    If the name of the game is who has the most mounts ... you are right sir.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I do personally feel that the 6 month mounts shouldn't exist, because those are assets that could be epic rewards in game, and WoW the last few years pretty much lacks any/all prestigious mounts/rewards in game, and it doesn't help that the store mounts genuinely look better than anything they slap in the game
    Lol, this is a pile of crap.
    There are cool mounts in the shop, but this is just bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Lol, this is a pile of crap.
    There are cool mounts in the shop, but this is just bullshit
    first off, it is my opinion and an opinion is just that.

Secondly, i think people are taking my posts a little out of context. I said in my OP that, while i don't like the 6 month subs, that they are here to stay and NOT a big deal. I even said something like "some people will make more of this 6 month mount than they should" and this is the new norm.

I wasn't crying about it, it was a matter of fact statement.

I think the only store mount that really ruffled my feathers was the sparkle pony. Not only was it the first time, but my guild was in Ulduar and Algalon and the sparkle pony 100% should have been an algalon drop. In fact, if my memory serves me right, it was originally found in the files AS a drop off Algalon before being pulled prior to ulduar launch and eventually turned into the store mount.

I do wish they didn't put all the best mounts in game currently on the store, but... who cares? really? that ship sailed long ago, and i'd point out that EVERY mmorpg does this. FF14, ESO, SWTOR, WoW... all have mounts in their in game store. So while i dislike them existing, i'm not beating that dead horse like some people. I'm not gonna be outraged at WoW for something EVERY mmorpg is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Lul buy it and we wait another 8 months
    love WoWarcraft

Could you imagine if you could just draw a crappy picture of a horse on a piece of paper, then xerox them and people lined up to pay you $20 for one of those crappily drawn horse copies?

Yea. How could they not jump on that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Could you imagine if you could just draw a crappy picture of a horse on a piece of paper, then xerox them and people lined up to pay you $20 for one of those crappily drawn horse copies?Yea. How could they not jump on that...
    Have you never heard of comics? Graphic novels? Or even books? You know things where people pay you money for words.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Tbh I wouldn't be impressed if they made those mounts for a 6 month incentive. I'm a pretty tolerant, patient woman too. I actually enjoy those mounts quite a bit. So I would like to see them implemented. It would be nice if it was obtained somehow through the game. (Preferably with some type of currency instead of RNG) Either way they can do what they like. It's ultimately up to the consumer if they want to actually purchase it.

I didn't purchase the overpriced brontosaurus. Even when they tried to create scarcity with limited time offer. As they must've needed higher numbers around that current time it was advertised. I'm not sure how many players actually supported this, but I know I didn't. I'm just trying to use that as an example where sometimes tactics just don't work and it ultimately ends up hurting the companies reputation more in the long run.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-07-01 at 04:00 PM.

As far as foreshadowing goes:

The fearsome Steamscale Incinerator is a spark-breathing robo-terror that rules the skies wherever it flies. Legends say a mad gnomish inventor had a deranged dream to ride a dragon, so he built this metal monstrosity powered with a trapped demon in order to create "an authentic dragon soul."

Wrath of The Dragon Souls/Infinite 10.0 expansion confirmed.

"These brilliant blue bitds burn brighter (and hotter) than their orange cousins, though the origins of both remains a mystery."

Thats the description of the blue one, sounds like one will be connected to the moon and the other to the sun and i suspect the moon is brighter because the sun was injured in that one story?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

The blue one looks awesome, lets just hope they also add the orange version down the line.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The blue one looks awesome, lets just hope they also add the orange version down the line.
    It looks nice, I guess.

Was expecting something more elemental.. fiery. This is more a crow with some particles. Still cool, but not really what I had hoped for from a FIERY BLUE PHOENIX.

7+ Year Old Account
    To do some stretching before excercise:

The armor it wears reminds me of Tyrandes NW outfit.

Formerly known as Arafal

While this and the other datamined phoenix remind me of the Tabard of Summer Skies / Tabard of Summer Flames in terms of color palette, the description of the Fireplume Phoenix states:
    Tore a blazing sky through a wintry night did the hawk with fiery wings. [...]
    I doubt it would simply be another sub/store mount coming in winter though. Maybe you can somehow unlock the Fireplume Phoenix when you have the Sapphire Skyblazer, but we'll have to wait and see. At least they're not faction-locked.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    To do some stretching before excercise:

The armor it wears reminds me of Tyrandes NW outfit.
    Yep, I would also guess it's related to Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - #ReleaseTheFireplumePhoenix

#TEAMGIRAFFE