Battlenet Downloader destroying ping once DL finished

So I've been playing a bunch of CSGO lately and with the 9.1 downloads I've been noticing that once an update is finished I have 120+ms to servers I normally have 20ms. Every time a small patch is pushed out, it will take 20seconds to finished and until I restart my computer my ping is 120+. Today I updated while in the middle of a game to confirm it was the problem but I don't really understand why I would need to restart my computer to fix the issue. Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kittenpotpie View Post
    So I've been playing a bunch of CSGO lately and with the 9.1 downloads I've been noticing that once an update is finished I have 120+ms to servers I normally have 20ms. Every time a small patch is pushed out, it will take 20seconds to finished and until I restart my computer my ping is 120+. Today I updated while in the middle of a game to confirm it was the problem but I don't really understand why I would need to restart my computer to fix the issue. Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

Thanks
    If you fire up the Resource Monitor, it has a Network tab which will tell you what's currently using the internet. I suspect that the battle.net launcher might finish downloading the update, and start downloading a different update, which is what's killing your ping. But Resource Monitor will tell you for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

No I don't think it's downloading more because I've completely close Battle.net and don't have any other Blizzard games installed.