Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

That’s just some youthful ego talking.

As a mythic tank now and a player who raided back then, I think the older players were superior gamers on every level. Even on the fps scene, they played games like halo and mw1-2 where men were men and you needed thick skin to even survive the lobbies let alone the matches.

There is not a single bit of mythic content someone can’t clear in WoW if they were clearing old sunwell, but I can’t say the same in regards to all the mythic raiders I know.
    Kungen couldn't clear Castle Nathria on Heroic and disbanded his guild shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Congratulations, you finally figured out how sub based mmos work.

Lets go all the way back in time to vanilla. Why do you think raids are weekly lockouts? Why have the majority of "solo" content rewards been gated behind daily quest rep grinds since TBC?

It has always been a time gated grind to keep playing subbed and paying them money. That is their business model.
    I suppose you get upset like this when you have tied your identity to a game? Because I pointed it out doesn't mean it actually bothered me. I actually appreciate the fact that you don't denine that is the point of what they are doing. I find it odd that you like it that way, but hey, to each their own I am not here to judge you. You be you. I can tell I won't be extended the same privilege but I really am not worried about it at all.

People are sharing the opinions and that is all I did. Shouldn't be taken as aggression nor have some sort of need for a counter attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Raiding is and has always been the meat of the game though. You could argue I suppose MoP forward they have shifted their focus slightly to include more side activities and that's cool too. I personally take part in these things and I like them for variety but at the end of the day all I really need is new raids and dungeons and the rest is sort of a bonus. Not really sure why this is viewed as a bad thing, working together with 19 other people to bring down hard bosses on the highest difficulty and finally doing it is what gives a strong feeling of reward.

I don't look down at people who don't raid but to me it just seems pretty depressing to play the game in a way where you're not working towards anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Being happy for something that is literally ... *quick maths* 50 to 100 hours of new content is quite understandable in the video game market.

Most AAA games don't even go over 10 hours of content nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Raiding would be that you eat the prime rib on that plate and are happy with that.

If you are not vegan that is
    In case it wasn't clear: I was implying a raid/raiding is a given. It's the bare minimum in a "big content patch". When was the last time a big content patch didn't include a raid? Feels like... never?
    Like getting a plate under your meal in a restaurant.
    Bare. Minimum.

Both ff14 and ESO both have been putting out more content than WoW during the pandemic and didn’t use it as an excuse other than a delay on the initial start for a few weeks. Everyone else adapted but blizzard

Or, more likely, they are using the pandemic as a fall back to their incompetence. Blaming SL being a month late on its launch on Covid, ok that’s fair, but blaming a patch half a year later well into 2021? Nope that’s just incompetence being given an out and taking it.

Whatever is rotten at WoW hq has nothing to do with Covid, the disease that rots WoW comes from management
    Everyone competent has probably quit. It's just Ion and a bunch of underpaid junior developers and he's trying to get them to implement all his overly complicated systems.

I don't think it's unreasonable to blame the game director when the same mistakes gets made over and over and over again. If a ship hits an iceberg and sinks it's the captain's fault, he's ultimately responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    In case it wasn't clear: I was implying a raid/raiding is a given. It's the bare minimum in a "big content patch". When was the last time a big content patch didn't include a raid? Feels like... never?
    Bare. Minimum.
    Dunno I would rather eat without a plate than without food.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Dunno I would rather eat without a plate than without food.
    Exactly. So where's the food? (outdoor content and everything else) We have a plate, but where's everything else?

Vanilla. Tbc. Wotlk, hell even cata… ALL launched with 3+ raids at launch, and delivered more per patch than this team does in half an expac.

Face it, this team just pales in comparison talent and imagination wise, to the original teams

Go ahead. Go back and look at the expacs up to cata and count their LAUNCH raids

They got more raids at launch than we will in entire expacs
    Wait. MC was the only raid open at first. EVENTUALLY came Ony. Then BWL. Then AQ. Then Naxx. And I don't reallllllly count Ony as a "raid" but more as a single world boss with adds to clear before her.

Exactly. So where's the food? (outdoor content and everything else) We have a plate, but where's everything else?
    The food is in Sanctum of Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Wait. MC was the only raid open at first. EVENTUALLY came Ony. Then BWL. Then AQ. Then Naxx. And I don't reallllllly count Ony as a "raid" but more as a single world boss with adds to clear before her.
    One boss raid or not… did or did not vanilla, tbc, and wotlk launch with more than one raid?

Yes or no answers please. We all know the answer and they had their fair share of normal raids. Tbc launched with gruul, kz, mag, ssc and tk for example.

Where is this kinda passion and talent from this current team on WoW? They have a budget many times the old team and a team many times the size.

There is no excuse but incompetence

No. MC was the only raid at the start. Ony came in a patch. Soyea, vaniila was only one raid.

No. MC was the only raid at the start. Ony came in a patch. Soyea, vaniila was only one raid.
    Ubrs counts. 10 man raids are still raids. And ony came out so fast it may as well have been launch content.

Where is our “ony” for SL?

Wasn't 8.1 just the raid and faction assaults? I don't really think this one's even close to bad in terms of .1 patches. Whether you think it should have taken this long to come out or not is another question. I couldnt find another mmo that wasnt delayed cause of the pandemic.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Imagine whining before the raid even comes out, the mythic+ changes happen, or the new dungeon is released.
    Who cares about M+, should not even exist. IT is a lazy excuse to run the same dungeons over and over.. It is dull as fuck.
    We want World of Warcraft, not World of Onepatchcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I like how they say in the survival guide that now you can die on torghast and continue!

Big effin lie! You could die 4 times before. If you die once now you can just exit, your run is f***ed. You are not gonna get enough points to unlock the next level.
    I died in both cell block runs and still got 4 gems on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Wasn't 8.1 just the raid and faction assaults? I don't really think this one's even close to bad in terms of .1 patches. Whether you think it should have taken this long to come out or not is another question. I couldnt find another mmo that wasnt delayed cause of the pandemic.
    It is a bad and underwhelming patch because of the state of SL and just how long it took to come out. The length of time this took, this should have been wows biggest patch in history by a huge margin

That said, it isn’t the worst. We had a patch one time that was just a selfie cam.

Ubrs counts. 10 man raids are still raids. And ony came out so fast it may as well have been launch content.

Where is our “ony” for SL?
    UBRS sure as hell doesn't count. It's more a dungeon than a raid. There wasn't any tier. The only epics were incredibly rare as well. And Ony came out later than the raid, so it counts.

Stop.Moving.Goalposts.

UBRS sure as hell doesn't count. It's more a dungeon than a raid. There wasn't any tier. The only epics were incredibly rare as well. And Ony came out later than the raid, so it counts.

Stop.Moving.Goalposts.
    Kz is a 10 man and it counts. 10 man raids count too. The only one moving goalposts here is you my friend

And ony came out before most players even stepped foot into Mc let alone clear it. Where is our ony for SL if it’s that easy to dump out 1 boss raids?

Considering this WoW team operates on a team and budget multiple times the size of the older WoW teams, we should be seeing raids every 30-90 days.

Korthia is what I'd consider a letdown. But other than that 9.1's content is pretty solid/standard. Like we get a raid, and a dungeon, this is actually a lot, dunno what y'all are about.

And Ony came out later than the raid, so it counts.
    No, Ony was in from launch.

Matter of fact, Ony 1st kill happened before Ragnaros.

Bare. Minimum.
    My point is that the good meat on the plate is enough, you can take the plate away too, I don't mind. A raid is, like you imply, given in a big content patch. Which I think is great, so the plate is just in the way, I'll swallow that meat whole. Don't need a fork or knife either.

I don't need much more than a raid and maybe a megadungeon in a patch. Because I know it's gonna be the same ol same ol chasing rares, achievements etc. Do I agree that they could do other stuff? Completely. But I don't think we can expect much more sadly.

Though 9.1 gives more stuff than many other .1 patches did. That people are so surprised of the amount of content given or comparing it to a .2 patch is beyond me.