Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems fine to me, parts of it aren't even unlocked until next week.

World content doesn't always have to be bigger to be better. They could have giant zones that are essentially wasteful space to appeal to some of the complaints in here, only for people to complain that it's then a giant wasteland. Timeless Isle was pretty compact and Tanaan was pretty big, with a lot of wasted space IMO.

It looks different than the Maw area (which is a lot better now), it's compact and the dailies really aren't that bad. I'm not an achievement or mount type of person, nor I care too much about world content, but I can't imagine that people who fall into this category hate how Korthia turned out thus far.

My only complaint is the single daily where you have to pick up those animals in a small area that spawned today.

Its ok. Its not 8 months of waiting ok. The Maw is actually decent now that no more eye but since you dont need to farm the rep its almost 100% worthless. Lots of bugs but Overall 5/10 will see how it feels in 8 weeks hopefully we wont have to wait long for 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    it's a lost/forgotten island that has been dragged to the maw by the Jailer after a really long time

what did you expect ? a parade ?

makes me think of people who complained about the maw when SL was released

"omg I can't mount'
    "this zone is not friendly enough, I don't wanna stay there"

that's exactly what the zone was supposed to be, an hostile place where you go because you have to, not because you want to - fits the story perfectly

so does Korthia
    mechagon was also a lost/forgotten island that magically appeared after a long time, and that was much better.

mechagon had jetpacks, more rares on faster timers, that trinket a lot of people cared about, more dailies at once. there was lots of incentives to form groups to farm boxes and somehow a organic wait for/announce rares mentality appeared.

what does korthia have?

those tormentors are a fun event though, lots of people there (could do with a bit more hp on those mobs when there are lots of people there though), but it seems they nerfed the reputation gains on those so i guess that will die out pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Apparently (source you) you don't play the game..so WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd sign this..if the criticism was founded and not just the usual shit like "I’d probably enjoy it too if I played blindfolded" et al

As it is...this is juvenile edgelordism
    Yeah I canceled my sub a few days ago. Already got my CE, and the new patch offers nothing exciting except maybe the raid for about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Apparently (source you) you don't play the game..so WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd sign this..if the criticism was founded and not just the usual shit like "I’d probably enjoy it too if I played blindfolded" et al

As it is...this is juvenile edgelordism
    The burden of responsibility also falls down on those players who are proclaiming undying love to wow as well. Nothing ever good comes out from Stockholm Syndrome. Not a personal attack on anyone, since I'm guilty of it myself in the past. It's almost like a basic operating procedure of any major business organization nowadays. Give scrap? Oppress? Dominate!

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont mind it. the dailies are super quick and easy to do (minus the stupid golden gromit thing today, my God).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    mechagon was also a lost/forgotten island that magically appeared after a long time, and that was much better.

mechagon had jetpacks, more rares on faster timers, that trinket a lot of people cared about, more dailies at once. there was lots of incentives to form groups to farm boxes and somehow a organic wait for/announce rares mentality appeared.

what does korthia have?

those tormentors are a fun event though, lots of people there (could do with a bit more hp on those mobs when there are lots of people there though), but it seems they nerfed the reputation gains on those so i guess that will die out pretty fast.
    mechagon also had that upside down version of it. that was pretty sick.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Its ok. Its not 8 months of waiting ok. The Maw is actually decent now that no more eye but since you dont need to farm the rep its almost 100% worthless. Lots of bugs but Overall 5/10 will see how it feels in 8 weeks hopefully we wont have to wait long for 9.2.
    Agree with this. It's fine. I'm having fun with it, but it's not going to last 8 months like we were stuck with 9.0. I feel like Mechagon + Nazjatar in 8.2 was a lot better as far as mid expansion content drops go than this is looking.

If you like it, cool.

I wish I could enjoy it more.

But I just can't.

It feels like I'm being sold food to eat that I already crapped out.

I think ita alright?

The content isnt aimed at me but when it comes to things I am going to do for alternative progression like upgrading my leggo and conduits I cant say I mind it.

So far, I think it's probably better than the world content we got in the last content patch, though it's still too early for me to form a solid opinion.
    it's a lost/forgotten island that has been dragged to the maw by the Jailer after a really long time

"omg I can't mount'

that's exactly what the zone was supposed to be, an hostile place where you go because you have to, not because you want to - fits the story perfectly

so does Korthia
    This is the same expansion where the only option you had to access the endgame on your first character was to blindly follow an obvious villain for a ridiculously long time, despite being given chances to join the rebels on several occasions. Maybe it's Blizzard cleverly trying to establish themes of determinism and free will, but the end result is still a complete break in immersion.

Besides, Blizzard is in complete control of both the narrative and gameplay. If Korthia's a slog it didn't have to be written that way. Even if it did, we didn't have to spend so much time there. If people find the content unenjoyable, the story isn't really an excuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    We've had better, but i do have my fair share of fun in there.
    Especially with them now having fixed treasures and quests in the last hotfix, those frustrated me to no end.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    its an alright zone considering covid the paths are alright and most mob density isnt to crazy
    the dailies are not to grindy too at least not so far

"omg I can't mount'

so does Korthia
    Sure. Yet, you do same shit as in other old zones but on a smaller map and everything is more annoying and frustrating to do.
    It fits perfectly with what is Blizzard doing recently indeed

I enjoy the content in Korthia. Imo it is doing open world content right for the most part.

The zone is just aesthetically so bland looking… that’s the biggest downfall of the Maw and Torghast and now Korthia. The aesthetics are so boring…

What's so substantial about it, collecting a few "treasures" stuck in trees?
    It's just a smaller Maw with a few more colors and Oribos like fragments, 3 daily quests and an upgrade vendor ... substantial .. lol.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-07-05 at 09:07 PM.

"omg I can't mount'

so does Korthia
    The problem is... that's not good game design. For WoW.

If a game is supposed to make you uncomfortable, that's fine for, say, Resident Evil. That's a survival horror game that's designed to be that way cover to cover.

WoW is a game that should make you want to play it and stay in it. It's partly innate to a MMORPG/living world game... and partly innate to anything requiring a subscription (the longer/more you play, the more you pay).

So the Maw, Torghast... as threatening, oppressive places that are difficult to traverse... that's fine if someone sought that kind of gameplay. The devs instead made every player have to spend time in the Maw and Torghast in order to progress the story and other aspects of the gameplay.

And that's dumb.

It's like saying, "You want to play Animal Crossing, that's cool... but first you have to play 10 minutes of Dark Souls."

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Korthia made me hate the Maw less. Just because it allows us to mount up and get rid of the the eye of the Jailer.

It just felt like those things existed to make things arbitrarily harder that it was. But, I can't say I like it. It is just kind of more of the same.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least it's not a pain in the ass, the dailies are quick and the soft cap on relics makes it so you don't have to grind it that much. Apparently "not being a pain in the ass" is my expectation level for the non raid content nowadays.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Here's what im legit intrigued about Korthia: They seem to have designed this... i want to say 'like an onion', but im not sure if thats correct. I like that its layered though. It feels like a genuine return to form. Obviously im not playing yet, i want to see if it plays out in game as it could theoretically play out on paper. And for that, you'd need to see the feedback a month or so down the line. I was watching taliesin describe his experience as someone coming fresh to it (which also, i should add, mirrored preach's experience in the PTR once they started fleshing it out), and it sounded really fun for players who like a bit of adventuring and exploring in their gameplay loop. What struck me wasnt the systems so much as the sense of discovery. I dont really want to spoil my own playthrough when i resub, so i dont want to just look at a wowhead guide explaining it all. But purely from someone peering in from outside the shop window, it definitely looks interesting.

I say it needs maybe a month to see because its a new feature, and i want to see how quickly it starts to feel repetitive and 'grindy' once the discovery phase is over. But still, even if its just a couple of weeks, it does seem like its a genuinely positive step up from the 9.0 world quest content. So they do seem to be listening and trying to change course a little (and so deserve some credit at least). In that regard then, im hopeful this becomes a well received piece of content (once placed within the context of all the other stuff in game you'd be likely expected to participate in: Megadungeon; raiding, pvp, dungeon running; torghast; maw; anima farming and general world and systems content). It might mean they look at it as a template for an even deeper world gameplay experience in the next patch. If not, then really, i dont know what they'll need to do to satisfy their world-game playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much interest in it, but then again I don't care for this type of open world content. I'm just hanging around to do mythic raiding and m+ early on to help gear up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.