Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    She performed a genocide. How the hell do you want her to redeem herself? She should be imprisoned for thousands of years.
    Not redemption. But since in the warcraft universe a soul is its own entity and the would that went into Sylvanas body (memes aside here) literally could not do anything wrong, due to it being imprisoned by Arthas/Jailer over the years, morally can it be punished for the actions of another?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Not redemption. But since in the warcraft universe a soul is its own entity and the would that went into Sylvanas body (memes aside here) literally could not do anything wrong, due to it being imprisoned by Arthas/Jailer over the years, morally can it be punished for the actions of another?
    But Arthas was the same, and everyone treated him like the devil.

Danuser, Golden and Ion have to go at this point, this is beyond saving, we need a new team made mainly of fans of the origional WC3 era, one that wont waste time with political flag waving and equally agenda pushing, and less so bringing mary sue tier changes to chars beloved by the fans of a 2003 game that at one time was actually something badass and fun.

Replaced with...

...This.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Danuser, Golden and Ion have to go at this point, this is beyond saving, we need a new team made mainly of fans of the origional WC3 era, one that wont waste time with political flag waving and equally agenda pushing, and less so bringing mary sue tier changes to chars beloved by the fans of a 2003 game that at one time was actually something badass and fun.

Replaced with...

...This.
    The redemption arc was expected. Yet the mid event change is still so sudden and illogical, that it is laughable.

But that is also expected from current writing team: High school teenager emo drama level writing.

7+ Year Old Account
    forget that im just glad my waifu is safe and didnt die.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    yeah so this was pretty much excellent, i can't believe they already gave her soul back, this is everything i've ever wanted. now redeem yourself girl.
    How could you want this for Sylvanas? This cinematic went and took a massive shit on her. Like it's impossible to destroy her character further at this point. As a fan of Sylvanas you should be appalled. imo

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    How could you want this for Sylvanas? This cinematic went and took a massive shit on her. Like it's impossible to destroy her character further at this point. As a fan of Sylvanas you should be appalled. imo
    If the whole redemption bs is going to work, she will most likely literally no longer be the sylvanus we've known, in a way she might really be dead now, lol - unless they only did it for the physical change, which is nonsencial in the first place. If she is alive again because of that then I have no words for this subterranian wrting.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the argument now that she wasn't really in control of her actions and thus not responsible for what she's done?

I certainly hope not.

She performed a genocide. How the hell do you want her to redeem herself? She should be imprisoned for thousands of years.
    You blow up ONE silly tree and all of a sudden it's genocide, genocide, genocide...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    yeah so this was pretty much excellent, i can't believe they already gave her soul back, this is everything i've ever wanted. now redeem yourself girl.
    Worst cinematic in the history of WoW. Worse than the Cinematic where N’Zoth gets Kamehameha‘d.

I really think this could be the point WoW went terminal for me, even N'zoth's death as much as I hated it, is not worse than this absoleute contrivance, they literally ripped off MCU, made Zovaal into Thanos, and its blatantly obvious this is unorigional as hell.

She performed a genocide.
    It wasn't her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I really think this could be the point WoW went terminal for me, even N'zoth's death as much as I hated it, is not worse than this absoleute contrivance, they literally ripped off MCU, made Zovaal into Thanos, and its blatantly obvious this is unorigional as hell.
    " Bad guy has to get 5 magic objects " isn't ripping off MCU. And that shit was a thing long before the MCU.

sylvanas is saved and redeemed! dark ranger hero class coming 10.0!!

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It wasn't her.
    Yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So is the argument now that she wasn't really in control of her actions and thus not responsible for what she's done?

I certainly hope not.
    Sadly that is pretty much the direction they've chosen. Essentially full on Kerrigan again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It wasn't her.
    You got us, she didn't personally kill those people, she just ordered their deaths while fully aware of what she was doing.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

You know what's the dumbest thing about all of this? That it's obvious what will happen next:

1. We won't kill Sylvanas, because she knows the Jailer's plans and that's an advantage we cannot afford to dismiss.
    2. Wherever we go next, Sylvanas will come with us and she'll be a very, very important part of that story, but this time on our side.
    3. With her soul restored, she'll experience a lot of remorse and other feelings that she hasn't felt in years, so that we can feel bad for her.
    4. At the end of the next patch she'll do something to save Anduin - if she sacrifices herself by doing so, it will turn out that having Anduin back was the key to stopping the Jailer, if she doesn't then she'll also help us defeat Zovaal. Either way, that will complete her redemption arc.

The only remaining question is what will happen to her in the end? I hope that if Blizzard doesn't kill her off, she'll just stay in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-07-07 at 02:01 AM.

What is with this imposter trope? How many times are they gonna overuse this garbage? This is far worse than amnesia as a plot device, even. This is genuinely writing for stupid people.

This cinematic was EVERYTHING I was hoping for.

My girl gets redeemed.

My girl gets her soul back.

Azeroth heroes (Jaina et al) will HAVE to let her join them to stop the jailer.

My girl has to save Anduin and (hopefully) will end up marrying him!

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    This cinematic was EVERYTHING I was hoping for.

My girl gets redeemed.

My girl gets her soul back.

Azeroth heroes (Jaina et al) will HAVE to let her join them to stop the jailer.

My girl has to save Anduin and (hopefully) will end up marrying him!
    The story development director is Steve "Nathanos" Danuser, aka, the simp.

And you expect Sylvanas to marry Anduin?

So you have some secret inside info that Danuser loves to be a cuck?