Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Satan does not exist in WoW anyway. So the Jailer's look is irrelevent, since Sylvanas does not have this reference. Like I said: orcs, trolls, tauren (freaking minotaurs who are quite evil in Greek mythology), goblins, dreadlords. Tusks, fangs, claws, green skin, pointy ears, blood injected eyes, hooves, beastial traits, leathery wings. All traits that are usually assigned to evil beings in myths, legends and fairy tales. But in WoW, they are not. Orcs, taurens, trolls and goblins are not (all) evil. Again, why should the Jailer's appearance matter to Sylvanas?
    Maybe because he's literally Satan, the obviously evil-looking guy who rules over Hell and wants to rebel against the Heavens?

Like is this so hard to understand?

Why do you think Sargeras needed to hide his true appearance by looking angelic? Why do you think Kil'jaeden needed to hide his true appearance by taking the form of Ner'zhul's wife? It's not rocket science.

Yeah, a lot of Horde races look like monsters, and anyone who hasn't played WC3 will tell you that the Horde is the evil faction and the Alliance is the good faction.

Why do you even want to defend Sylvanas lol, you literally agreed with me that she trusted a Dreadlord, making her an idiot.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The only interesting thing in this entire cinematic for me was the fact that the Jailer can, apparently, turn the undead back into the living. Or at least, it kinda seemed that way? It's possible he just returned the Frostmourne-stolen half of her soul, but... yeah. This likely means Sylvanas can't GTFO with banshee powers anymore, which is a plus and a chance she'll actually be punished for her many, MANY crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Funny thing is they showed us Uther as great example of an evil soul made whole again and stuff so we can feel like sylvanas can be redeemed when the worst thing Uther has done was questioning the kyrians like literally half of them did anyway. Thats nothing in comparison to what sylvanas has done.
    are they fucking brain dead? Uther in fact IS in right here, his method is wrong but there is no doubt that brainwash cult kyrian IS wrong
    how the fuck exactly u compare that to burning innocent civilians women and children alive? is it because they are nelf and any race in wow that isn't human exist only to show how far better superior humans are?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Cinematic is still unlisted. Blizzard has no faith in this narrative at all. Why tf are they writing it then lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a comment that made me lol on reddit - "so wait, the jailer's final form is...the lichier king?"

And it completely makes sense for him now, at the peak of his power, to take Petduin wherever with him. A "good" character right next to the big bad. What could it possibly mean for the story arc? HMM.
    :|

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    There's the comment I knew that would come. Difference is the logic works the same and how do we know the Jailer wasn't even a thought in anyone's head?
    We know because "The Jailer" has never been mentioned before this expansion, in any discussion, in any commentary, in any design notes, in any concept arts, in any interview, in anything. You want 100% utterly unstoppable confirmation that THE LICH KING was the original design in the real world? Shoot a message to the devs of Warcraft 3, but your insistence that The Jailer "came first" in the real world is utter conspiracy level nonsense with zero evidence to support it, whereas the Lich King being concepted and created over twenty years ago is the reality. The Jailer is a new creation for this expansion, and is thus the knock-off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean they've cast two major characters as genocidal maniacs. both roundly opposed by everyone else in the horde. while everything about the horde before WC3 makes them almost indistinguishable from orcs from the Warhammer universe. hell if the horde were still the generic bad guys I think that would be an improvement over this...
    Two major genocidal maniacs who enjoyed the full support of the Horde until much latter in the narrative. Or are we going to forget that Baine, tHe HeARt oF ThE H0rDe, was completely OK with Teldrassil, as was Sadfang? As a matter of fact, Sylvanas (who has been even worse than Garrosh btw) loyalists outnumbered rebels badly, which was acknowledged during 8.2 by Lor'themar, as well as by Anduin. And Sylv could have reasonably retained that support hadn't she gone full retarded screeching mode. "Roundly opposed by everyone else" my ass. Maybe, maaaaaybe in MoP, but certainly not in BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    How edgy of you.
    When i rolled zombie evil wizard (undead warlock) back in vanilla, i didn't do it to be the "hero of azeroth" or "champion of the light".

It's absurd how WoW doesn't have any evil character avenues when the EVIL horde of wc2 was the most popular version of the horde, and also had better story telling involving power struggles, in fighting, etc.

Not everyone was a fan of thrall and how he turned the horde into alliance lite. The idea of betraying Garrosh is absolutely insanity for ANYONE who was a true horde player, and the writing is part of the problem. they force THEIR morality onto the players. over half the horde players SIDED with sylvanas in BFA, yet we have zero choice about any outcome at all and are forced into serving Jaina (who we tried to kill last expac) over our warchief.

What kind of writing nonsense is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Cinematic is still unlisted. Blizzard has no faith in this narrative at all. Why tf are they writing it then lmao
    it's there, you just have to actually click the youtube link. Blizzard de-listed it out of embarrassment of the downvotes. You'd think they'd see a running theme here with the downvotes.... but instead they'll act like Principal Skinner "Am i so out of touch?...... No, it's the gamers who are wrong" rather than just admit that yeah, it's freakin' subpar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Maybe because he's literally Satan, the obviously evil-looking guy who rules over Hell and wants to rebel against the Heavens?

Like is this so hard to understand?
    And what is so hard to understand that Sylvanas has no concept of the christian devil?

Why do you think Sargeras needed to hide his true appearance by looking angelic? Why do you think Kil'jaeden needed to hide his true appearance by taking the form of Ner'zhul's wife? It's not rocket science.
    Sargeras was talking to the Eredar and he probably used that race's beliefs to appear good, yes. As for Kil'jaeden, although he used Ner'zul's wife to fool him, he also used another appearance for himself and the reason is obvious: if he hadn't change his appearance, Ner'zhul would have recognize that KJ is a Draenei and wouldn't have been fooled. Remember that KJ wanted the Orcs to destroy the Draenei. Now, what an orc would consider beautiful, I wonder...

Yeah, a lot of Horde races look like monsters, and anyone who hasn't played WC3 will tell you that the Horde is the evil faction and the Alliance is the good faction.
    Yeah, every real life human being would consider them evil in first sight. Then Bliz subverted expectations by making them good/less evil in WC3.

Why do you even want to defend Sylvanas lol, you literally agreed with me that she trusted a Dreadlord, making her an idiot.
    I'm not defending Sylvanas, I was merely pointing out that she did trust an actual demon before, and that appearance was not a factor then as it was not a factor when she joined the Horde or the Jailer.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The best part of this whole thing is that both the players and NPCs are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to the events taking place here.

We could have not even gone to the Sanctum at all and it wouldn't have changed a thing except Sylvanas wouldn't have gotten sad when the evil chainy domination guy dominated us with his chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    are they fucking brain dead? Uther in fact IS in right here, his method is wrong but there is no doubt that brainwash cult kyrian IS wrong
    how the fuck exactly u compare that to burning innocent civilians women and children alive? is it because they are nelf and any race in wow that isn't human exist only to show how far better superior humans are?
    When you look at the whole story so far, I can't help wondering if there is not some truth in what the Jailer said about the system being flawed. Every covenent campaign shows us a flaw in their prupose. The Kyrians are blind believers, the Necrolords are so about competition and ambition that they forget they have to protect all the Shadowlands and the Venthyr are less interested in redemption than gorging themselves with anima. As for the Night Fae, I admit that the flaw is harder to discern. It seems that they suffer the most from the other covenents flaws.

I didn't get that at all. I doubt Sylvanas even knew she was missing a part of her soul. The Jailer obviously did not give that soul splinter back to her as a promised reward, but as a punishment. I believe she will suffer a lot when we see her again in the next patch. I mean, that soul sliver was unaltered by undeath. That good part of her will reflect on what the bad part did. Also, we know that undead senses are numbed and their souls twisted so that they can't feel their rotting body. Now that an untouched part of her soul got back to her, maybe she will...
    You think she didn't know, all that time that she was in league with the Jailer, and literally saw him pull a soul fragment to create Shalamourne, and obviously she's familiar with Torghast which has soul fragments of dead Night elves and known characters, that he has her soul fragment?
    I think that was pretty obvious from the cinematic. In return for her help to get the Orb from the Arbiter, she would get her soul fragment back.
    We thought she wanted to change how souls are appointed to the different realms, but eventually she just wanted to be whole again.
    If you know Sylvanas, you know that she hated her state and was miserable with her condition.
    So, it makes sense she would want her soul fragment to feel whole again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, then maybe you should start a successful writing carreer.
    Dunno about successful--I'm not married to the HR head of a multibillion-dollar company--but at least I can pursue it as a hobby without fear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Dunno about successful--I'm not married to the HR head of a multibillion-dollar company--but at least I can pursue it as a hobby without fear.
    Then I wish you dedicated readers and fans of Warcraft's quality...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You think she didn't know, all that time that she was in league with the Jailer, and literally saw him pull a soul fragment to create Shalamourne, and obviously she's familiar with Torghast which has soul fragments of dead Night elves and known characters, that he has her soul fragment?
    I think that was pretty obvious from the cinematic. In return for her help to get the Orb from the Arbiter, she would get her soul fragment back.
    We thought she wanted to change how souls are appointed to the different realms, but eventually she just wanted to be whole again.
    If you know Sylvanas, you know that she hated her state and was miserable with her condition.
    So, it makes sense she would want her soul fragment to feel whole again.
    She didn't even know about Nathanos' death. It's obvious by her reaction when she got the soul fragment back that it was not meant as a reward.

She didn't even know about Nathanos' death. It's obvious by her reaction when she got the soul fragment back that it was not meant as a reward.
    Nathanos' death was recent. She's been in league with the Jailer since WotLK.
    The punishment i saw was crushing the fragment, which i don't know what effect it had on the soul. Her being affected is because she never had this happen to her before.

Take a look at this. Uther is also affected badly by his soul fragment:

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    When i rolled zombie evil wizard (undead warlock) back in vanilla, i didn't do it to be the "hero of azeroth" or "champion of the light".
    Cool, and you stayed 14?

It's absurd how WoW doesn't have any evil character avenues when the EVIL horde of wc2 was the most popular version of the horde, and also had better story telling involving power struggles, in fighting, etc.
    WoW never had those and never advertised to have those "character avenues". But on RP realms you can play what ever the fuck you like. Even as someone as edgy as you could find its place there.

Besides do you have the data to support that "EVIL horde of wc2" was the most popular? No, didn't think so.

Not everyone was a fan of thrall and how he turned the horde into alliance lite. The idea of betraying Garrosh is absolutely insanity for ANYONE who was a true horde player, and the writing is part of the problem. they force THEIR morality onto the players. over half the horde players SIDED with sylvanas in BFA, yet we have zero choice about any outcome at all and are forced into serving Jaina (who we tried to kill last expac) over our warchief.
    Again with those baseless claims. Where do you have those from?
    Pulled from your own edge kid fantasy world?

it's there, you just have to actually click the youtube link. Blizzard de-listed it out of embarrassment of the downvotes. You'd think they'd see a running theme here with the downvotes.... but instead they'll act like Principal Skinner "Am i so out of touch?...... No, it's the gamers who are wrong" rather than just admit that yeah, it's freakin' subpar
    Actually, it's delisted because it's a story spoiler for like a lot of people, who didn't yet complete the raid.
    But I agree with you, the downvotes a running "theme". People just downvote everything WoW, especially now since some of the more known YouTubers tested FF14.

So, Blizzard should probably ignore the idiot haters and edge kids and carry on making the game they like.
    The downvotes will not really stop either way.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean they've cast two major characters as genocidal maniacs. both roundly opposed by everyone else in the horde. while everything about the horde before WC3 makes them almost indistinguishable from orcs from the Warhammer universe. hell if the horde were still the generic bad guys I think that would be an improvement over this...
    Sylvanas had the support of the majority of the Horde until she insulted it and noped out of BfA's plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Actually, it's delisted because it's a story spoiler for like a lot of people, who didn't yet complete the raid.
    Speaking of baseless claims, people like you said the same thing about them delisting the Nyalotha cinematic. Yet it's delisted to this day. Are they waiting for BfA Classic, perchance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Speaking of baseless claims, people like you said the same thing about them delisting the Nyalotha cinematic. Yet it's delisted to this day. Are they waiting for BfA Classic, perchance?
    The cinematic was uploaded on the 2th it was obviously hidden for spoilers reasons and not backlash as it’s never been not unlisted.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Nathanos' death was recent. She's been in league with the Jailer since WotLK.
    The punishment i saw was crushing the fragment, which i don't know what effect it had on the soul. Her being affected is because she never had this happen to her before.

Take a look at this. Uther is also affected badly by his soul fragment:

One of the bigger problems i have with this whole thing, is we see the end....but we don't get to see some of the story leading up to it due to covenant campaign gating, and even moreso unless you do all the covenant campaigns. The only way to avoid that would be to not do the raid until you see the campaign events first, but who's gonna do that? Seem like a puzzle with all the pieces out of order. The end should be the OH moment...not later when you're finally able to do a campaign chapter and you're like 'oh, that's why that's like that'. Half of everything is a prequal by the time you experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The cinematic was uploaded on the 2th it was obviously hidden for spoilers reasons and not backlash as it’s never been not unlisted.
    I'm not sure which cinematic you're talking about as neither has been released on the 2th, but then again you're wrong about both. https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...nale-cutscene/ for Nyalotha, comments in this very thread for Sanctum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.