Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    So the implication by association here is Arthas is a gud boi and we have to recover the other part of his soul as he was not responsible for his actions.
    You know it, baby. We haven't been dragging Calia and Jaina around for nothing. Uther's whole story this patch is learning that he should show compassion for Arthas. Next patch we save him so he and Sylvanas can share snappy quips with each other as they tell us to go collect 10 Mawbear asses.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Okay, I got this!

Zovaal is dark, menacing, his voice is deep and cool, he's got a very evil vibe to him, he brings dread wherever he does, his influence is everywhere across the Warcraft Universe, he's got like...a very chill yet very much terrifying vibe to him, he's calculating...

Is that fine?
    No. That's not really someone's personality or character. Being a dark or evil character is pretty much a role in a story (especially "his influence is everywhere" when it's both a story role and only retroactive and manufactured) or describing an alignment. I'd argue against him being calculating as a real character trait because the characters that are, like the Nathrezim, have largely been pawns of him acting by proxy. We see these characteristics for better or worse in execution, but we never see him exhibit them himself in a scene. He basically gets credit for the actions of other characters that DO seem fleshed out.

As far as a cool voice or being actually "terrifying," that's subjective, and the former borders on how he looks. The notion anyone would find him genuinely terrifying or intimidating makes me laugh out loud, and his voiceover is near indistinguishable from many other "deep evil voice" NPCs, but that's besides the point.

You can't really do it beyond what Dickmann described above because most of his dialogue is rote and standard. There's those brief glimpses of him being extremely petty and vindictive, but even those are contradicted by his appearances when he's suddenly very singularly driven and unconcerned by anything other than his endgame. It's cliche, but having him punish or resent failure from Denathrius would at least fit that. Instead, him not really being concerned and then sending someone to bust him out later makes him seem way more chill. He really wants our souls and is growling menacingly, but then he suddenly doesn't give a shit and we are beneath him. It's pretty much like the entire team was told "this is the bad guy, do what you want with him" and there were no defining characteristics agreed upon because he's just a bland story tool for the Sylvanas redemption arc.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2021-07-07 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    Wait are people dumb enough to expect WoW to have AAA storytelling or something? I guess a lot of people are actually that stupid here. Like personally I felt it was predictable as well but I'm actually curious to see how it goes because he restored her and I'm assuming took away her Jailer bestowed powers and she's left in the hands of everyone that basically wants to kill her. Also don't know how to fully story will go.

It's funny how people judge others so handily for liking something yet you don't even know what the ending will look like and try to act all superior. But it's the internet where every low intellect fuckwad is apparently amazing at EVERYTHING of course. Yes I understand the irony but it's what you people do so you can't judge me for it.
    They played WC back when they were 7 and it seemed like such good storytelling back then or even if they played WoW in the past and in their minds there's some huge change. They like to badmouth the current leads, but Metzen was just as much trash as the current people. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's sad because it's somewhat true. What have we gotten from Sargeras? Except him raging while being pulled away from Azeroth?
    A huge reason I hate the Jailer is because Sarg and N’zoth were so unceremoniously swept away in service of this shithouse villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's cliche, but having him punish or resent failure from Denathrius would at least fit that. Instead, him not really being concerned and then sending someone to bust him out later makes him seem way more chill.
    You could conceivably have extended that to him having a soft spot for his family, but in reality we all know the reason the Blue Man does a 180 in his position on Denathrius from 9.0 to 9.1 is because Blizzard retroactively expanded Denathrius's role after the 9.0 cutscene was already done and it was too late to change it. It's why he doesn't just tell Sylvanas "lol I've got it handled" since the writers didn't know it either and these cinematics cost big bucks.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

wtf is that Jailer design!?

he looks like those jabronis players kill in Torghast and Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

No, dude, it's totally "badass" and "terrifying."

To a preteen.

To a preteen.
    LOL

so they destroyed more than half of the lore for this shitty villain just to redeem Suelvanas???

WoW... just WoW.

btw, Golden just got death threats https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...90488973021184

Metzen finds her creative LMFAO https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...20322449223687
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I mean I assumed her soul was split that was the current thought but holy crap I didn’t think it would be done so poorly I mean why that was pure garbage just like this expansion is

To a preteen.
    I mean, he looks badass though. Asmongold and other dudes agree on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you think the Mawsworn came from?

I mean, he looks badass though. Asmongold and other dudes agree on that.
    Bastions of taste.

Preferred his original design, frankly. Oh well.

LOL

so they destroyed more than half of the lore for this shitty villain just to redeem Suelvanas???

WoW... just WoW.

btw, Golden just got death threats https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...90488973021184

Metzen finds her creative LMFAO https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...20322449223687
    I'm glad Metzen stood up for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Bastions of taste.
    Without differences, there is no freedom.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Dude, they already unlisted it. You're wrong. It's currently at 1.7k for and 2.5k against, and I think I saw one positive comment.

Again: they unlisted it. They didn't even reach 12 hours. But keep arguing about sample sizes, it's gotten you so far.
    The video was uploaded 5 days ago it was always unlisted to prevent spoilers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Without differences, there is no freedom.
    People can have a different POV and say that...I dunno, Manos is an unironically good film, but it doesn't mean that their opinion is well supported.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    LOL

WoW... just WoW.

Given that metzen has been working with her since atlest 2006 and she helped build the core of the horde he’s probably a better judge then any of us.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

LOL

WoW... just WoW.

TBH he probably wrote that because of the death threats tweet. IRL harrassment like that crosses too many lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Given that metzen has been working with her since atlest 2006 and she helped build the core of the horde he’s probably a better judge then any of us.
    yeah, he totally didnt write that bc of the (obviously disgusting) death threats made by some no-lifers. he totally likes the story for sure.
    *eye roll*
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGkiiUac2M

aiiight, its out.
    and its 100% what literally everyone predicted.
    nothing surprising, nothing unexpected.
    I am saddened..

I was hoping for redemption by sacrifice.. Just to see her getting her soul sent back in her face like it is some cold meal at the restaurant... and .. turned into a high elf again?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I’m really not a fan of this, we’ve got more questions then answers again. We don’t really know much about the Jailer’s motives then changing reality? Sylvanas got triggered by the word slave after performing atrocities for the Jailer then suddenly flips and shoots a arrow at him? It’s really bad. Now she’s got her soul back? Does that mean she’s going to have a good guy swing? Will she be some grenade to be chucked at the jailer for redemption? I’d rather she just fell on her own sword believing in what she stood for.

I’m sure some commentators will start the line, “Sylvanas getting her soul back is the real payback, now she’ll be tormented with what she’s done.” Too me that’s just really weak and a cop out.

I’m very bored with the current plot, especially Sylvanas and I usually love the wow lore.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2021-07-07 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean if that makes you feel better?

Fact is. Jailer comes before Arthas. Jailer creates Arthas. Jailer therefore had a design and model Arthas and his stuff off it. Hence Arthas is the knockoff.

Just because we see Arthas first doesn't change anything. That would be the same thing as saying you meet a guy/girl and see what they look like then later on you meet their parents and notice they look almost exactly the same. By your logic in this case the parents would be knockoff because you met them last, despite we know that the parents indeed did come first. Exact same principle in this case. Of course though, I'll be told that's different because it's "common sense" or something and it's real life which isn't altered by artists.

So out of curiosity, where are all your writings and stories at? I mean, you and many others can clearly do a better job. Why aren't we having you all write the storyline, books, scripts, etc?

Now, I'm not saying the story is amazing or anything, but I always find it funny when people want to do nothing but talk crap on it they haven't done anything themselves to show they could do better.
    Writing is their job. Not our job.