Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the quality of the cinematic was better but for what it was it was good to see Garrosh be Garrosh one last time...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Temporarily popping back onto the forums again to say I regret nothing in my posting career, and I have been completely and eternally vindicated in my support of Garrosh.

I said he did nothing wrong, he said he did nothing wrong, and ultimately, even Blizzard's own writing team admitted he did nothing wrong in sparing him of the treatment every other character has received in Shadowlands.

F for the best character.
    Garrosh isn't a pussy like the others. At least he knows what it means to be Horde.

so he rages charges and dies.... pretty dull...

I like how the shackles weren't there until the sword hit the ground.

I do not for one moment think he is truly dead. Blizz doesn't do that.
    And they said if you die in the SL your essence is gone. So your are truely gone gone.

He either is back with the venthyr or just ported somewhere else idk. I don't think Blizz does either.
    They will think of something when they need him

I love how this derpy and janky cutscene is the best part of the patch and so well received. It's a small glimpse to the basics what actually makes stuff good. What would have made this even better is the iconic bloodlust sound when he goes from 0 to 100 rage in 1 sec.
    Last edited by niilokin; 2021-07-07 at 02:12 PM.

Even as someone that's vehemently in favor of "Thrall's Horde", I still found this cutscene to be hilariously awesome. I legit laughed/cheered when Garrosh said "not that coward Thrall!"

At least they kept Garrosh true to his ways, even if they couldn't be bothered to make it into a real cutscene.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2021-07-07 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Unless they bring ALTERNATE Garrosh into the play, you know the one mentioned in Maghar questline, who sided with Yrel against his father?
    Which would still be a different Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post
    At least he went out like an absolute chad.
    I'm glad that they didn't have Garry preaching about love, honour and friendship. It's a drop of hope in a vast ocean of PCness.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    He did nothing wrong because Blizzard hit him over the head with a "not-see" stick, because pathetic whiners (like I was) moaned that they didn't like the change in Horde's status-quo in Cataclysm and didn't like that Garrosh was more aggressive and less peace-loving than Thrall. Looking back now I regret ever thinking that.
    That's not why the meme started, it largely got reinforced by a April Fools video from hirumaredx that many thought was 100% accurate. Like all things, it's a matter of point of view. But to say Garrosh did nothing wrong is really being a fanatic of his character, Garrosh did many, many things wrong which eventually led to his death.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh did nothing wrong, the devs did by hitting him with the villain bad, he was fine from tbc till middle mop, when he start doing wrong things because others characters also did.
    Garrosh was always a hot headed brute, he had no diplomacy and was a ego maniac. Even when he did the most deranged acts he had no self reflection, he blamed his failures on everyone else. Thrall was the biggest target as he was most likely chilling after saving the world against Deathwing and the Cataclysm. This was probably largely Out of Character because the playerbase was tired of Green Jesus having a star role and they put him on a break. It really was only going to be a matter of time before Garrosh went down a darker path and that he did in MoP, if anything the infamous Cataclysm quest was out of sync with what Garrosh was about.

Don't get me wrong, what I'm saying is good. It made him a interesting character and interesting characters are limited these days in the Warcraft lore. But I'm not a fanatic of a character, I don't worship him like a deity like some do on these forums. That's really quite bizarre, but each to their own.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2021-07-07 at 03:16 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ugh, the quality was so poor. I really don't know why they zoomed in on his mouth-flapping face.

I'm not a fan of Garrosh, but I can respect that they had him stick to his character until the end, even if he consigned himself to oblivion with his reckless, bullheaded arrogance and violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin' hell even Garrosh is rerolling his warrior these days.

On a more serious note, pointlessly killing himself by blitzing an already-beaten opponent while screaming himself hoarse about how Thrall sucks is pretty on-brand for Garrosh, so at least he maintained a consistent characterization.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I do not for one moment think he is truly dead. Blizz doesn't do that.
    And they said if you die in the SL your essence is gone. So your are truely gone gone.

He either is back with the venthyr or just ported somewhere else idk. I don't think Blizz does either.
    They will think of something when they need him
    They literally turned into a pile of ash

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Ugh, the quality was so poor. I really don't know why they zoomed in on his mouth-flapping face.
    It's better than those far-away cutscene, where you basically see events from a third perspective. If you know anything about cinematic composition, you'd know that in order to convey emotion, you need to show the character from up-close.
    These custcenes we've been getting from long-distance shots were really jarring.
    Not to say the actual animation aren't bad. it's just that the cinematic choices are better.

died as he lived

as a raging stupid loud orc

The only good thing about this nonsense is that Garrosh is definitely gone forever probably. Good riddance to that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    died as he lived

as a raging stupid loud orc
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    The only good thing about this nonsense is that Garrosh is definitely gone forever probably. Good riddance to that idiot.
    What the hell is wrong with people? he was one of the best characters in game.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with people? he was one of the best characters in game.
    They are trolling. They just want replies. Don't give it to them. Ignoring them drives them crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They are trolling. They just want replies. Don't give it to them. Ignoring them drives them crazy.
    Do people prefer the jolly Lady Moonberry?

At first I though "He deserved far better". Then, with a cool head "Ok, he nopped out of SL like a badass, he can't be hurt by the writers anymore". Now "Oh, right, we still have AU Garrosh". Dark times are approaching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed, I'm not sure how else you're supposed to react to him turning into a pile of Soul Ash in the middle of Torghast.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity