Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    I'd say my main problem with the last 2 episodes is that they are trying to squeeze a whole lot of story into a 30 minute episode. There's naturally going to be some shortcuts they have to take to get there. Might have been better to make those into 2 or 3 parters. Hell, the zombies episode alone could have been stretched out into an entire mini-series.

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I'd say my main problem with the last 2 episodes is that they are trying to squeeze a whole lot of story into a 30 minute episode. There's naturally going to be some shortcuts they have to take to get there. Might have been better to make those into 2 or 3 parters. Hell, the zombies episode alone could have been stretched out into an entire mini-series.
    I guess especially for a zombie flick you can ignore logic (as all zombie flicks do), but if you also take out most of the suspense - as that requires time and pacing to properly unfurl - you kinda take away one of the things that make the genre beloved in the first place. It might have been better if they went full shawn of the dead, instead of just trying to cram in as many spideman jokes as possible, while playing it otherwise mostly straight.
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-09-15 at 10:23 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's mostly one shots. Ocassionally a multi-issue deal. Very rarely do they actually go back to visit the same world twice.

    Closest you can get to that is probably Exiles...which is a team that goes around "fixing" realities where things didn't play out ther way they should have...Quantum Leap style. Sometimes the situations are completely new...but sometimes they are based on events that happened in the "main" timeline...but things are just a little bit different. They still don't go back to the same world twice very often...but there's more of a continuity because you are following the same characters through their journey.
    Damn that actually sounds like it could be a show too.
    I loved Quantum Leap.
    I was hoping they could target/revisit them;
    Which was going to be my next question was if there is a continuity in the series at all.
    But I guess the only one would be the watcher guy.

    This is like a better version of the Farnsworth Parabox episode from Futurama.
    Which I fucking loved so I guess I love the multiverse lol.

  4. #604
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not entirely sure which episode was worse for me, the 2nd (deus ex T'challa) or the 6th (Killmonger ex machina). Both of them continue the proud tradition of wakanda wish-fullfillment while ignoring any semblance of logic. So not only was Killmonger able to plot everything like Sylvanas by playing 5D chess, he also manged to delete Jarvis and Tony had no backup plan against a weapon that apparently can villy-nilly cut through everything. Much like the wiping of Jarvis, how Shuri actually figured all of that out wasn't adressed at all. It's this kind of hand-waiving that already cheapened the 2nd episode (though that was clearly more light hearted and joking in nature) and makes these not just look rushed but also just poorly put together.

    I think my favorite is still the first and the fourth. They have at least some kind of closed ending, unlike half of the others and their deviation from the main plot was somewhat believable. I'm kinda waiting for one of them to end with "gun shot - fade to black".
    Killmonger at least in Black Panther showed he had some idea on how to move a plan forward.

    However, in this case, it seemed weird he just happened to know things and designed a mech.

    ---

    Based on one of the mid season trailers, it appears the finale is going to be a team up of the various time lines. There are scenes released of Dr Strange Supreme alongside Thor and Captain Carter. Seems like the finale will be a group of the heroes facing Ultron.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Killmonger at least in Black Panther showed he had some idea on how to move a plan forward.

    However, in this case, it seemed weird he just happened to know things and designed a mech.

    ---

    Based on one of the mid season trailers, it appears the finale is going to be a team up of the various time lines. There are scenes released of Dr Strange Supreme alongside Thor and Captain Carter. Seems like the finale will be a group of the heroes facing Ultron.
    His education in What If…? is in line with his MCU bio. The guy was a genius who graduated from MIT before becoming Killmonger.

  6. #606
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    His education in What If…? is in line with his MCU bio. The guy was a genius who graduated from MIT before becoming Killmonger.
    I am not saying he isn't smart. I am just saying it is weird he designed a mech (I can believe Michael B Jordan designed a mech before I would believe Killmonger did.).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #607
    I thought about that too.
    It seemed a little weird how tech smart he was.
    I guess there's my explanation.
    Also I didn't know how overused the genius backstory was.
    Everyone in the MCU is a genius it seems.
    Parker, Stark, Strange, the Racoon etc even this guy.
    Everyone except Thor.
    lel

    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-09-16 at 01:52 AM.

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not saying he isn't smart. I am just saying it is weird he designed a mech (I can believe Michael B Jordan designed a mech before I would believe Killmonger did.).
    Real Life Genius: Good at math, speaks multiple languages, good at art, does a few other things.

    Comic Book Genius: Builds all kinds of weird shit without any outside help. The people on this list and their toys are virtually endless. The only one who makes even the slightest sense is MCU Tony Stark because he has J.A.R.V.I.S. to do most of the heavy lifting.

    The only issue I have with the Killmonger episode is there isn't any really out there surprises. We know he's the bad guy, we know he's going to try and sucker everyone, he wins because he manages to defeat the good guy before he realizes what's happening.

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Real Life Genius: Good at math, speaks multiple languages, good at art, does a few other things.

    Comic Book Genius: Builds all kinds of weird shit without any outside help. The people on this list and their toys are virtually endless. The only one who makes even the slightest sense is MCU Tony Stark because he has J.A.R.V.I.S. to do most of the heavy lifting.

    The only issue I have with the Killmonger episode is there isn't any really out there surprises. We know he's the bad guy, we know he's going to try and sucker everyone, he wins because he manages to defeat the good guy before he realizes what's happening.
    i'd say parker isnt that outside the realm of possible. at least compared to the others.

    web fluid and web shooters makes a lot more sense than somehow surviving being bashed around in an iron suit at mach speed.

    although superior spider-man shows he pretty much could've been on everyone elses levels tech wise if he focused on money instead of other people as much.

    spider-man, the everyman genius because hes too preoccupied being good to get money like mr stark
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #610
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Real Life Genius: Good at math, speaks multiple languages, good at art, does a few other things.

    Comic Book Genius: Builds all kinds of weird shit without any outside help. The people on this list and their toys are virtually endless. The only one who makes even the slightest sense is MCU Tony Stark because he has J.A.R.V.I.S. to do most of the heavy lifting.

    The only issue I have with the Killmonger episode is there isn't any really out there surprises. We know he's the bad guy, we know he's going to try and sucker everyone, he wins because he manages to defeat the good guy before he realizes what's happening.
    Pretty much. It would have been interesting if they took him another route more. I originally thought that he was going to go a hero route instead of Tony and Tony wouldn't have made it happen. But, it was clear quickly that it was going to be villain route again.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  11. #611
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i'd say parker isnt that outside the realm of possible. at least compared to the others.
    No, he really isn't. He's making highly advanced technology and chemistry in his basement. By himself. While being dirt poor.

    This is why Killmonger is also designing highly advanced mecha. Because its comic books. At least he had someone bank roll his designs who also had a highly advanced robot to do all the prototyping.

  12. #612
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No, he really isn't. He's making highly advanced technology and chemistry in his basement. By himself. While being dirt poor.

    This is why Killmonger is also designing highly advanced mecha. Because its comic books. At least he had someone bank roll his designs who also had a highly advanced robot to do all the prototyping.
    While Parker is enrolled in a technical heavy high school.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #613
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No, he really isn't. He's making highly advanced technology and chemistry in his basement. By himself. While being dirt poor.

    This is why Killmonger is also designing highly advanced mecha. Because its comic books. At least he had someone bank roll his designs who also had a highly advanced robot to do all the prototyping.
    Tbh, I never liked the tech version of spiderman that much. I think the mutant angle for his abilities while being just studius worked best.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tbh, I never liked the tech version of spiderman that much. I think the mutant angle for his abilities while being just studius worked best.
    organic webshooters werent a thing until raimis trilogy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    organic webshooters werent a thing until raimis trilogy
    Doesn't really matter to me, still better than the super genius kid trope.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  16. #616
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Doesn't really matter to me, still better than the super genius kid trope.
    Sorry to burst this bubble, but in the Raimi trilogy he was a genius as well. That’s how he and Octavius bonded before the accident. It wasn’t just “being studious”.

  17. #617
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tbh, I never liked the tech version of spiderman that much. I think the mutant angle for his abilities while being just studius worked best.
    Is all your knowledge of Spider-man from the live action movies? Just asking, because pretty much Spider-man is always involved with tech.
    The Raimi Trilogy was the least tech of a Spider-man ever shown.

    And has Vegas82 mentioned, he was pretty techy there too.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #618
    Alternatively you still have the Ultimate Spider-man where his father invented the web formula but he still had to flex some chemical and mechanical engineering mental muscle to produce web fluid and make web shooters.

    At least spider tracers are far more plausible with 21st century tech as opposed to sixties tech.

    Hell the worst part about Black Panther is they didn’t make T’Challa smart enough and brilliant heroes need brilliant villains.

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Is all your knowledge of Spider-man from the live action movies? Just asking, because pretty much Spider-man is always involved with tech.
    The Raimi Trilogy was the least tech of a Spider-man ever shown.

    And has Vegas82 mentioned, he was pretty techy there too.
    I was never a huge fan of spider man to begin with. I remember some of the old cartoons (90's?) , peter there was smart, but also in college. That's quite the difference for me compared to the current highschool wonderboy that could probably get rich on selling a patent for biological super-adhesive. I could have sworn they had a plot point back then about the natural web shooting no longer working for him because of something.

    Edit: Nvm, it was capsules back then as well. Guess I like the raimi stuff so much that it overwrote all the technostuff for me. :P
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-09-16 at 07:32 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  20. #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was never a huge fan of spider man to begin with. I remember some of the old cartoons (90's?) , peter there was smart, but also in college. That's quite the difference for me compared to the current highschool wonderboy that could probably get rich on selling a patent for biological super-adhesive. I could have sworn they had a plot point back then about the natural web shooting no longer working for him because of something.
    He. Was. A. High. School. Wonder. Boy. In. The. Raimi. Films.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •