Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affliction 5% buff is not enought

Affliction 5% buff is not enought to put affliction out of his misery, warcraftlogs clearly show that is lagging behind the other classes.

Why does aff deserve not to be bad? When was the last time Aff was even bad? I mean you understand a spec has to be on the bottom? right?

It's not like demo isn't a top-tier spec right now so it's not like you don't have the option to be mathematically strong. Would you prefer to be in WW's position where you have one chance to be good and you still aren't?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Why does aff deserve not to be bad? When was the last time Aff was even bad? I mean you understand a spec has to be on the bottom? right?

It's not like demo isn't a top-tier spec right now so it's not like you don't have the option to be mathematically strong. Would you prefer to be in WW's position where you have one chance to be good and you still aren't?
    Balancing specs around how they historically performed is retarded.

WW's position you said?, just remember that pure dps classes only can do dps, hybrid classes like monks can heal and tank beside that. A spec like Aff with the ramp up time to start doing damage, with all the dot management to do mediocre ST damage is not attractive at all if you dont have high ouput damage.

Affliction isn't a class. There's also plenty of specs that are much lower than it, at the ~225-230 ilvl range (which is what the majority of people are currently at)

5% buff is fine to start with; need to see how much that actually works out to be, before tuning it further. You still have two very high-performing specs anyway if Affliction doesn't work out. Hunter got buffs across the board because it was *very* far behind, in all 3 specs.

Not every spec, even for a pure DPS class, needs to be at the top of the board. That's not only unreasonable, but also unrealistic. Some has to be middle of the pack, and at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Balancing specs around how they historically performed is retarded.
    That wasn't my point or even what I said. But regardless of what I said that's how Blizzard balances the game, everyone gets a turn with the big stick, take it up with Ion not me.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    WW's position you said?, just remember that pure dps classes only can do dps, hybrid classes like monks can heal and tank beside that. A spec like Aff with the ramp up time to start doing damage, with all the dot management to do mediocre ST damage is not attractive at all if you dont have high ouput damage.
    Yeah the big advantage of pure dps classes is you get more chances to be mathematically strong not that every spec gets to be strong by default. This time around Demo gets the big stick which was my point, if you want your lock to be strong this patch play imp mommy. AFF doesn't deserve to be strong because it exists.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5% is not enough that's true, but I'm fine with taking a break from affliction for a bit. Alternating between specs every tier is great, the only problem is when they introduce idiotic systems that punish you from switching like legions ap & legendaries. Thankfully, we don't have those anymore, switching is easy

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    5% is not enough that's true, but I'm fine with taking a break from affliction for a bit. Alternating between specs every tier is great, the only problem is when they introduce idiotic systems that punish you from switching like legions ap & legendaries. Thankfully, we don't have those anymore, switching is easy
    Yeah we do it’s called Conduits and Covenants. Both are timegated.

Nah. It's good that Demo and Destru are better than Aff on ST. Aff still has his places in add heavy fights (KT) and fortified m+ weeks. Aff being overall better in everything was super boring. Also it scales pretty good, so in a few weeks it may rise in the charts again.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No you just play night fae like everyone else and there's really no need to switch conduits, most of them are crap. Switching from affliction to destruction this tier was painless.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    timegating does not prevent you from switching specs. In SL you progress all your specs at the same time, contrary to Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    No you just play night fae like everyone else and there's really no need to switch conduits, most of them are crap. Switching from affliction to destruction this tier was painless.
    Lol yeah okay. Borne of Blood is insane for Demo, and same with Ashen Remains for Destro. Also yeah I am Night Fae, but other classes don’t have it that easy. Their other specs will be severely gimped by their covenant choice, like Priest for example, Night Fae is great for Shadow, but ass for the other two. Also I’d ideally like to play Niya for all 3 specs, but Conduit Recharging garbage makes it so I can’t. My other two specs just deal with a less optimal follower.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-12 at 10:33 AM.

People here saying "hurr just play another spec" seem to forget that there are people out there who maybe don't like the other specs? I am playing Affliction since Cata and really don't like Destruction, Demo was good with Meta but nowadays I don't like it too.

When was the last time Aff was even bad?
    Aff has been the crappiest crap spec for m+ for the whole of BfA. I've been laughing at those who claimed in the beginning "Oh Aff is gonna be awesome, prio damage in high keys!" BULLSHIT. At the moment on the rio stats page Aff DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BAR! When was the last time Aff was even bad.. rofl

Oh no, for one patch out of like 4 expansions Aff isn't the top spec!

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    People here saying "hurr just play another spec" seem to forget that there are people out there who maybe don't like the other specs? I am playing Affliction since Cata and really don't like Destruction, Demo was good with Meta but nowadays I don't like it too.
    Well, then you must live with the fact, that you're not playing a top DPS spec this tier. Not every spec can be at the top, by definition.

First mythic logs show that affliction still need help with ST.

https://i.gyazo.com/3c1e5d10cf1b4bd5...e1ef6bf867.png

15+ Year Old Account
    yea it sucks, and it sucks that everyone is fine with rogues being top5 dps in pve and top dps in pvp...no1 cares about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Welcome to being the bad spec. Demo's been that for a while now. It's Aff's turn. We'd rather you played Demonology right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

its ok not to be the top spec, but its not ok to kill a spec just to make look good the other 2 specs. Fix Affliction blizzard!