Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    its ok not to be the top spec, but its not ok to kill a spec just to make look good the other 2 specs. Fix Affliction blizzard!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Welcome to being the bad spec. Demo's been that for a while now. It's Aff's turn. We'd rather you played Demonology right now.
    No class/spec should have their turn to be bad.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    No class/spec should have their turn to be bad.
    by definition any spec in the bottom 50% of dps is considered Bad. So unless you know how to perfectly tune all specs to be even then every class/spec should have a turn being bad to be fair.

  5. #25
    Dude, please stop posting cropped images from a site everyone here knows when aff has 2 (two) parses uploaded.

    Yes aff is the weak lock spec this tier, I'm sorry that's making you have a meltdown but pushing easily falsifiable data will not endear anyone to your cause.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    No class/spec should have their turn to be bad.
    If you want interesting and varied classes, then the toolkits of some classes will outperform others in certain situations. Affliction shouldn't be good at Single Target if it's got phenomenal spread cleave, which it does. It's topping the Heroic logs for Kel'thuzad. Windwalker Monk is the best spec for Soulrender Dormazain because of its burst AoE, compensated by its weaker performance on Single Target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    People here saying "hurr just play another spec" seem to forget that there are people out there who maybe don't like the other specs? I am playing Affliction since Cata and really don't like Destruction, Demo was good with Meta but nowadays I don't like it too.
    Except the OP is using the "but its okay if WW dps is bad because they can tank or heal" argument. Which itself then begets the "then just use a different dps spec" response.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    WW's position you said?, just remember that pure dps classes only can do dps, hybrid classes like monks can heal and tank beside that. A spec like Aff with the ramp up time to start doing damage, with all the dot management to do mediocre ST damage is not attractive at all if you dont have high ouput damage.
    Hybrid classes (meaning any class who can't also heal and/or tank outside of having a dps role) still have their role they choose for that spec. A monk (or paladin or priest or shaman or warrior etc) who are there to be a dps are expected to BE a dps for that fight. They are not expected to heal while in a dps role/spec. They are not expected to tank while in a dps role/spec. Their ROLE is to be a dps. As @Saltysquidoon pointed out, a warlock has THREE options to do decent if not top dps. Your CHOICE in which spec of the three dps specs is simply YOUR CHOICE. Blizzard does not need to make sure that all three specs of warlock (or rogue or mage or hunter for that matter) are all out doing every other dps spec in the game for all those "hybrids" who can choose to be a tank or healer. Based on your logic the top 12 dps specs in the game should come from "pure" dps classes as they can ONLY be a dps while everyone else could choose to be a tank or healer if they wanted to given their class can be one. Blizzard did away with the "hybrid tax" long ago. They have stated many times that a player's spec and role should validate their position on the damage meters not their limitation to only play a dps spec. Those hybrids have a legit leg to stand on for their choice in playing a dps spec and should not have reduced damage because they could choose to play a tank or healer whenever they want to simply change specs.

  9. #29
    Affliction need at least another 10% buff aura to be playable

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Affliction need at least another 10% buff aura to be playable
    Aff is playable right now, and way more fun than in 9.0. No it does not need 10% aura buff, if you do that, then it's the best spec at everything.

    The spec as decent ST, just not demo level dmg.

    It has good 2T dmg, just not as bursty and strong as destro.

    It as very very strong AoE, It's probably the best spec for M+ if your group is not super coordinated around destro CDs. It's also on a 1min CD so you have good dmg for basically every pack. On fort week you can do insane overall dmg playing StS build.

    Aff problem is more that if it's best in ST then it's best in 2T, 3T, AOE etc... It's also a raid tier very well suited for destro and demo dmg profile.

  11. #31
    I disagree with your assestment, i think affliction is in a real bad position at the moment, not good at pve, pvp, or m+. the ST damage is simple not there, is the least played range dps spec at the moment in m+ and raids, not to mention in pvp, if i am wrong with what i am saying why people isnt playing the spec???? the simple fact is that the spec is under tunned by a mile at the moment.

    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99
    Last edited by carlos9949; 2021-07-26 at 03:24 PM.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    I disagree with your assestment, i think affliction is in a real bad position at the moment, not good at pve, pvp, or m+. the ST damage is simple not there, is the least played range dps spec at the moment in m+ and raids, not to mention in pvp, if i am wrong with what i am saying why people isnt playing the spec???? the simple fact is that the spec is under tunned by a mile at the moment.

    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99
    Stats like that are not that useful.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/28 see aff is fine lol.

    Seriously tho, people are going to play what is perceived best, even if it's not by that much. If you think aff is bad in m+ im seriously questioning the fact that you actually tried it. StS build with satchel legendary is just insane in AoE on top of being extremely easy to play even in uncoordinated grp.

    Aff is clearly the 3rd best spec for warlock right now in most content (outside of m+ imo) but it's clearly playable almost everywhere.

  13. #33
    affliction is so good that almost nobody is playing it, sure, i will believe that.

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral Kalador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    affliction is so good that almost nobody is playing it, sure, i will believe that.
    Look i'm not arguing Aff is the best spec... I'm just saying stats like number of parse don't matter, people want to min max, especially in the fist few weeks of Mythic, they will play whatever is best even if it's by 1 or 2%. Aff is consider the 3rd best spec right now so almost nobody plays it. That does not mean it's bad, you can do very well with Aff as you can see on warcraft log.

    If You enjoy Aff way more than the 2 other spec you can play it in basically all situation right now with decent result. On top of that they are build for every situation.

    For ST MW build is quite strong, it's not demo with PI but it's surprisingly powerful. (pure ST is probably the worst style of fight for Aff right now but we are not that far behind).

    2T - 3T Aff is really good. You can see very competitive parse from aff on Remnent for exemple, its also not that far behind on Eye of the jailer.

    AoE Aff is just Strong. It as the best warlock parse for soulrender and it's very good in M+.

    Is Aff the best warlock spec... No it's not, if you play both demo and destro there is little reason to play aff outside of fortified m+ (even there destro is better if you play around destro CDs). Can you play Aff and do decent dmg in every setting if you love the spec and are good at it, 100%.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    WW's position you said?, just remember that pure dps classes only can do dps, hybrid classes like monks can heal and tank beside that. A spec like Aff with the ramp up time to start doing damage, with all the dot management to do mediocre ST damage is not attractive at all if you dont have high ouput damage.
    Yes and your pure DPS class has one good spec atm so there is no problem at all. You are suggesting that hybrids can always tank and heal if their DPS spec is weak, just like you can play demo now to be top. You are just naive to say hybrids should change role while refusing to change to different DPS spec yourself.

    Problem solved, close thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •