View Poll Results: Tormented affix: Yay or Nay?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay/Like it

    77 79.38%
  • Nay/Dislike it

    20 20.62%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,085
    So they're apparently nerfing the fire and ice guys to do less damage.. Tormented is a joke at this point.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-9...x-nerfs-323367

  2. #62
    I like it, bosses die slower but feels less punishing. Have not tried SD yet this week tho... my opinion may change!

  3. #63
    So, after reading this thread, basically no one really like the new affix, but they disliked Pride's route even more.

    For myself, as a healer I found it boring really fast because there's only 2 powers that have an impact on your healing and that's all, so you always pick the same thing...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most likely because you are used to run them with people who are mythic geared.
    More or less yes. I run with a good group with really high dps and we know the dungeons like the back of our hand. So I was a bit annoyed that we couldn't time a 15 when before we would be running 18s and higher. It's probably a gear thing. We are a bit too low yet.

    my experience in 12s is completly different though (i cba to push further for now untill i get couple of resets of GV ) - those dungeons are a joke now when for example a party of 220 is doing +12 - we just did NW 12 with 10 minutes spare. when people will be like 245+ in couple of weeks they will be blasting through 17-18 without problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    as a healer the orb you should mostly aprreciate is the 20% shields on whole team every 45 seconds i assume thats huge def cd every 45 sec if people know how to play
    It's not bad, but if we are honest a heal for 20% every 45 seconds isn't overwhelmingly good. Not when people get hits for 60% of their health every 5 seconds. It helps, but it's not awesome. I do enjoy the "Fast Food" anima. That one is creative and useful. But I would like some more diversity.

    As it goes everyone picks the same 4 powers every run because you only have a very limited selection. In my mind it would be great if we got one specific power that is absolutely necessary and then a big selection of additonal ones that can pop up and give some cool effects.

    What makes Toghast fun (for me) is getting the animas that are changing your playstyle and turn it on it's head. I wish we had those in M+

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    For myself, as a healer I found it boring really fast because there's only 2 powers that have an impact on your healing and that's all, so you always pick the same thing...
    Yep, same here.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So they're apparently nerfing the fire and ice guys to do less damage.. Tormented is a joke at this point.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-9...x-nerfs-323367
    Not surprised about the Oros nerf, the debuff hit really hard on a +15. I'd be more interested to see how annoying Varruth will be on a grievous week, I found him way harder to deal with than the three other lieutenants.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-13 at 01:06 PM.

  6. #66
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    More or less yes. I run with a good group with really high dps and we know the dungeons like the back of our hand. So I was a bit annoyed that we couldn't time a 15 when before we would be running 18s and higher. It's probably a gear thing. We are a bit too low yet.
    We were doing 20-21s last patch and are doing 17s now.. On a Tyran week. Next week we're probably doing 18-19s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Not surprised about the Oros nerf, the debuff hit really hard on a +15.
    Not hard enough for me to really have to care until 17, and even then I could get through it without CDs. Throw in another 20-25 ilvls and I could do him on 23-24

  7. #67
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,701
    The whole "pick your power" anima concept doesn't work at all when the options aren't randomised, everyone just decides on the first week which powers they like and picks them every time.

    It'd be far more interesting if it was like torghast with a broader range of random options and some very rare powerful ones, but then we can't have those fun things because of e-sports.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    snip
    "one shot mechanics in a confined space. This may shock you, but there are different kinds of mechanics"
    Why would you say something so obvious. Yes my reply was poorly worded, but do you honestly think that I am not aware that there are different types of mechanics ingame? So I should have worded it differently.

    "requires hyper vigilance like that on every pull."
    We are talking about tormented - so 4 pulls in the dungeon.

    "if you get hit you're dead"
    Its a type of mechnaic. In general, each mechanic is designed to kill you or stress you in some sort. Some mechanics you can outheal, some you cannot. And the abilities of tormented mobs can be failed, without dying (depending on the keylevel).

    "Fine, call me bad that I get hit by one occasionally, I don't care."
    Maybe, maybe not. No idea, not paying attention all the time is not very specific. I'd say the game should be designed around paying attention. Especially when go into m+/raiding. This game has lots of content that is perfectly doable while watching Netflix on your 2nd monitor, but "high-end" content should not be like that. If you cannot focus for 30 minutes on one thing, player a single player game, which you can pause. (There is nothing wrong with how you approach games, some might just not be designed for you.)

  9. #69
    The affix is boring and low impact. Yea its funny when mobs jump a bit cause volcanic, but other than that you can probably forget the affix is even there.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So they're apparently nerfing the fire and ice guys to do less damage.. Tormented is a joke at this point.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-9...x-nerfs-323367
    Well, i've just run 10s to 12s because i don't care about pushing, i still get a 240 something in the cache and hope it's a trinket But the runs so fare were basically very easy and the actual most annoying part was people not knowing what the minibosses did, somehting that gets fixed naturally over time (and the big red masked guys in DoS holy fuck their aoe is hellish).

    So i don't really see the point of nerfs but hey, easier time for us.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  11. #71
    The powers are pretty lame and very few choices (which is to cater to "competitive" crowd), but infinitely better than Prideful. At least I don't have to fucking stress about mispulling 1 mob and destroying the prideful spawns.

  12. #72
    It is indeed a fun affix. Finally using volcanics myself as revenge is just 10/10

  13. #73
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,369
    In a word: boring.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    "one shot mechanics in a confined space. This may shock you, but there are different kinds of mechanics"
    Why would you say something so obvious. Yes my reply was poorly worded, but do you honestly think that I am not aware that there are different types of mechanics ingame? So I should have worded it differently.

    "requires hyper vigilance like that on every pull."
    We are talking about tormented - so 4 pulls in the dungeon.

    "if you get hit you're dead"
    Its a type of mechnaic. In general, each mechanic is designed to kill you or stress you in some sort. Some mechanics you can outheal, some you cannot. And the abilities of tormented mobs can be failed, without dying (depending on the keylevel).

    "Fine, call me bad that I get hit by one occasionally, I don't care."
    Maybe, maybe not. No idea, not paying attention all the time is not very specific. I'd say the game should be designed around paying attention. Especially when go into m+/raiding. This game has lots of content that is perfectly doable while watching Netflix on your 2nd monitor, but "high-end" content should not be like that. If you cannot focus for 30 minutes on one thing, player a single player game, which you can pause. (There is nothing wrong with how you approach games, some might just not be designed for you.)
    and in couple of weeks they wont be as lethal on this level - as people will get +20 itlv from GV / raids.

    some people are just way to used to just openly bruteforce through everything in +15 due to being in 226gear - in 16 weeks they will be equaly bruteforcing thorugh everything up to like +20 by having full 250 itlv gear from GV

    im a as casual as possible scrub in 220 itlv and managed to do multiple +12 in time this week - could most liekly do +14/15s if i did it with competent premade with relative ease and i finsihed last tier while doing 16/17s .

    the buff this time wasnt as big - most likely its deliberate as they locked portals behind +20 and they dont want them to be content only for 0,1%

    from looks of things +20 this tier when fully geared from GV is meant to be on level similiar to +15 in 9.0.

    tbh i find +12s much easier then normal raids this tier - which is kinda ....abberation as they drop higher itlv then normal raids - but whatever i wont complain
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-07-13 at 03:16 PM.

  15. #75
    Prideful as a healer: 8/10
    Prideful as a tank: 1/10

    Tormented as a healer: 3/10
    Tormented as a tank: 7/10

    The freedom we got back when pride went away is very welcome, but the tormented powers are so imbalanced. Some are s-tier and some are unusable. Might as well be automated seeing how good some are compared to the other alternatives given.

  16. #76
    as a healer powers are borin as fuck but at least you can screw pulls and dont ruin the route.

  17. #77
    As a tank I love it. The Anima powers are small individually, but add up to a huge damage and survivability increase overall.

    Also, echoing what's been said, routes are far easier to plan out now and depending on affixes it's much easier to tailor your run for the best time savings.

    Oh and, omega pulls are awesome with volcanic knocking everything up lol
    Dropakeg-Thrall - BrM Monk
    Dropagrip-Thrall - Blood DK

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I never thought I'd want Prideful back but here we are. The powers are extremely underwhelming.
    Prideful was awful, routing it was a complete nightmare. I'll take this affix setup EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.

  19. #79
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,547
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Prideful was awful, routing it was a complete nightmare. I'll take this affix setup EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
    Full agreed, Prideful wasn't my fav - and I think it also comes down to the issue of me only ever pugging. Because I only pug, pushing prides past 16 was incredibly hard for me due to the fact that I heal and people wouldn't care how many stacks those pride got up to.. I was healing for 10k HPS for minutes at a time and people wouldnt understand why people started dying.

    I again just stopped at 16's last season because it was bananas how bad people were in the beginning. Now that this season has 20's for those teleports gives people incentive to push at least toward the end for 20's in time.

  20. #80
    Loving it so far. The mini bosses are much easier than Pride was and you don't have to worry so much about losing the buff due to it running out. It's also not tied to those 20%s of percentage. The effects are pretty funny, especially the volcanic one, the rest are stat buffs or shields which is always welcome.

    Might be my second favorite right after 8.3 m+ season, or possibly even top 1.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •