Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Tazavesh is where the Brokers live, and they apparently have needs and wants that parallel most societies (e.g. commerce, entertainment, sustenance, etc.) Oribos isn't meant to be a living space at all - and in fact, the caretakers there set up what few niceties exist purely for our benefit. They have no need for society as it were, as they are purely functionaries serving in an entirely functional space.
    So, do you believe the dungeon could possibly serve as a "capital city", sort of speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As is usual in Shadowlands, Brokers are a rip-off of something else (Maw = Icecrown, Maldraxxus = Scourge), in this case the Brokers are a rip-off of the Ethereals. Therefore it would simply make more sense to make Ethereals playable and incorporating the new assets and aesthetic made for the Brokers into them.

If the Ethereals were to become playable they would undoubtedly join the Alliance, as the Ren'dorei are fellow mortals twisted by the Void (they even have a racial called "Etheral Affinity"), and Alleria Windrunner leader of the Ren'dorei is personally tutored by the Void Ethereal the ominous Locus-Walker.
    Any playable ethereals would be neutral, like pandaren. That's literally their whole thing; being impartial to either faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Any playable ethereals would be neutral, like pandaren. That's literally their whole thing; being impartial to either faction.
    Blizzard already said they disliked the Pandaren system and in hindsight wouldn't do it.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Have you seen a capital city being given to players without their main race being playable?
    well... technicaly, Zul Farak is capitol of sand trolls, Zul Aman of forest trolls, klaxives i guess is capital of mantid (with raid being palace), azjol nerub of nerubians, ahn quiraji of quiraji, nazjatar of naga, Tolvir have their "lost" city i would say, ogres have highmaul, vrykul have utgarde, arakoa have sketis, throne of thunder i gues is more a temple complex than a city to mogu, but the two hubs we use are (together with palace) something like a former capital...

but i agree most are not really as impresive as Tazavesh (ogres and nerubians being on top imo)
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-11 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So, do you believe the dungeon could possibly serve as a "capital city", sort of speak?
    It's possible, sure. The Brokers would be an interesting and difficult to implement playable/allied race as they are - but not impossible I would say. I also imagine they have other settlements throughout the In-Between in the Shadowlands, though perhaps not of the same size or importance as Tazavesh. It seems likely that each of the cartels probably has a stronghold of its own within the In-Between.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    So were the Goblins. Yet, they still ended up allying with the Horde. I guess it depends on what cartel they would be. For now, Void Ethereals are allied with the Alliance Void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well... technicaly, Zul Farak is capitol of sand trolls, Zul Aman of forest trolls, klaxives i guess is capital of mantid (with raid being palace), azjol nerub of nerubians, ahn quiraji of quiraji, nazjatar of naga, Tolvir have their "lost" city i would say, ogres have highmaul, vrykul have utgarde, arakoa have sketis, throne of thunder i gues is more a temple complex than a city to mogu, but the two hubs we use are (together with palace) something like a former capital...

but i agree most are not really as impresive as Tazavesh (ogres and nerubians being on top imo)
    Non of them are playable capital cities. Meaning, you can't just casually stroll along their streets unharmed. They are not part of the factions.

It seems likely that each of the cartels probably has a stronghold of its own within the In-Between.
    That's a lot of strongholds.
    Known cartels
    Cartel Al
    Cartel Au
    Cartel Ba
    Cartel By
    Cartel Ko
    Cartel Ku
    Cartel So
    Cartel Ta
    Cartel Ve
    Cartel Xy
    Cartel Zo

What cartel does Tazavesh belong to?
    I don't believe they would have that much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Lot of brand new assetts for “just” a dungeon, you might be onto something although I am not sure if it would be used as a capital city.
    Mechagon had a ton of new assets and it was "just a dungeon" yes they got an allied race, but mechagon is not a city they can hang out in.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So were the Goblins. Yet, they still ended up allying with the Horde. I guess it depends on what cartel they would be. For now, Void Ethereals are allied with the Alliance Void elves.

Non of them are playable capital cities. Meaning, you can't just casually stroll along their streets unharmed. They are not part of the factions.

That's a lot of strongholds.
    Known cartels
    Cartel Al
    Cartel Au
    Cartel Ba
    Cartel By
    Cartel Ko
    Cartel Ku
    Cartel So
    Cartel Ta
    Cartel Ve
    Cartel Xy
    Cartel Zo

What cartel does Tazavesh belong to?
    I don't believe they would have that much.
    Tazavesh seems to be shared amongst the various cartels. Various NPC's are marked as Tazavesh citizens with tags denoting cartels like Xy, Ta, and So. I would imagine they're all there, though; or at least several are.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

and exactly the same is true for Tazavesh...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Mechagon had a ton of new assets and it was "just a dungeon" yes they got an allied race, but mechagon is not a city they can hang out in.
    It is listed as their capital city.

Tazavesh seems to be shared amongst the various cartels. Various NPC's are marked as Tazavesh citizens with tags denoting cartels like Xy, Ta, and So. I would imagine they're all there, though; or at least several are.
    Would seem like a fine place for a Broker race.

and exactly the same is true for Tazavesh...
    Until they are added?

Until they are added?
    and that is again true for all i mentioned...

and that is again true for all i mentioned...
    Starting zones, or a race's capital, are usually safe. Especially if you can set your Hearthstone there.

Starting zones, or a race's capital, are usually safe.
    and Tazavesh is not, very much like the rest of the mentioned... i literaly lost the track of what the hell you are talking about...

Tazavesh vs. Highmaul, tell me reasons why you think Tazavesh can be capital and brokers new race and Highmaul with ogres cant

I would 100000000% be for Jailer fucking nuking Oribos and we have to refugee it in the new Shadowlands capital hub of Tazavesh instead.

and Tazavesh is not
    Currently...

Tazavesh vs. Highmaul, tell me reasons why you think Tazavesh can be capital and brokers new race and Highmaul with ogres cant
    Never said it can't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    How would they make most armor work on them exactly?
    Especially helms lol
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    How would they make most armor work on them exactly?
    That would be difficult. For their leg and boot slots, I would imagine you could do something similar to Worgen and Forsaken and have it texture the strange "sleds" they use for legs with the end being capped in a texture like a bootie. Some footwear would probably be omitted entirely, of course. Helms would be more difficult, but you could have their mask-like face omitted and just show the flame within the helm's confines, or have the flame projected around the helm and the face projected forward a bit. Or you could have them a special case where boots, legs, and/or helms are just entirely omitted, providing extra options for customization like mask types, flame colors, and leg designs or shapes.

I'm speculating Tazavesh was supposed to be the original SL capital but Blizzard ran into time constraints so instead we got Oribos and they worked Tazavesh into an Instance.

The broker people may still end up as an allied race, for both factions, like Pandarens, and then get the instance as a capital.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I would 100000000% be for Jailer fucking nuking Oribos and we have to refugee it in the new Shadowlands capital hub of Tazavesh instead.
    That would be such a bold move. They did this with the Peak of Serenity into the Monk Order Hall but this would impact way more players.

I love it.

That would be difficult. For their leg and boot slots, I would imagine you could do something similar to Worgen and Forsaken and have it texture the strange "sleds" they use for legs with the end being capped in a texture like a bootie.
    The Mechagnomes don't display legs, feet and robes are turned into a short-sleeved shirt. Players who play Mechagnomes know full well that half their gear won't be shown. It is what it is.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-12 at 05:21 PM.

Never said it can't.
    true, you said
    Have you seen a capital city being given to players without their main race being playable?
    on which i responded to list of capitals without race being playable, and you responded with moving the goalpost to push the idea brokers are more likely to be playable than any other of those race... i mean some of them (nerubian, quiraji...) are very unlikely but still, some are likely, i would say quite a few more likely than brokers...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    I'm speculating Tazavesh was supposed to be the original SL capital but Blizzard ran into time constraints so instead we got Oribos and they worked Tazavesh into an Instance.

The broker people may still end up as an allied race, for both factions, like Pandarens, and then get the instance as a capital.

That would be such a bold move. They did this with the Peak of Serenity into the Monk Order Hall but this would impact way more players.

I love it.
    What grinds my gears the most about Tazavesh, is that it totally could have been a zone. Not just a dungeon. It should have been anchored to Korthia, and been part of the rest of the 9.1 content. Why wouldn't the Jailer make a power move against the Brokers? Then by Patch 9.4 when they inevitably add Covenant Races as Allied Races we could have the Brokers as a 5th Neutral AR along with everyone else, I'd rather have them than Ethereals.