Thread: The "Tradwife"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s not vague. It has a definition.

It just doesn’t help your argument to acknowledge that so you ignore it.
    So now it has a definition. It wasn't nebulous afterall huh? Funny how these things change depending on how it supports one's argument or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So now it has a definition. It wasn't nebulous afterall huh? Funny how these things change depending on how it supports one's argument or not.
    What? "Tradwife" certainly has a definiton. At issue has been your insistence that wanting a "tradhusband" which isn't a thing, or at least one you can define, is somehow exactly the same, even though the latter doesn't restrict men's participation in either the public or private sphere.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    What? "Tradwife" certainly has a definiton.
    For crying out loud. Obviously when I said one vas vague, I was talking about the traditional man in that post.

At issue has been your insistence that wanting a "tradhusband" which isn't a thing, or at least one you can define, is somehow exactly the same, even though the latter doesn't restrict men's participation in either the public or private sphere.
    My insistince has been that this strict "textbook" misogynistic definition isn't what some men mean by traditional woman/wife either. It can be vague too.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-08-03 at 02:00 PM.

For crying out loud. Obviously when I said one vas vague, I was talking about the traditional man.

My insistince has been that this strict "textbook" definition isn't what some men mean by traditional woman/wife either. It can be vague too.
    The person you responded to was talking about tradwife (so far as I can tell, since you referenced traditional women in the sentence prior). And no, that hasn't been your insistence at all. Your whole complaint was: why is it fine that totally real women on dating sites want a traditional man--as yet undefined beyond "wants a traditional woman"--but everyone freaks out when men want tradwives.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

The person you responded to was talking about tradwife (so far as I can tell, since you referenced traditional women in the sentence prior). And no, that hasn't been your insistence at all. Your whole complaint was: why is it fine that totally real women on dating sites want a traditional man--as yet undefined beyond "wants a traditional woman"--but everyone freaks out when men want tradwives.
    I think I know what I insist better than you tyvm. If you can't follow it because of some weird contrarian prejudice then I can't help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a productive discussion, the definitions are necessary.

Tradwife =
    Tradhusband =

Please complete, or abandon ship.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For a productive discussion, the definitions are necessary.

Tradwife =
    Tradhusband =

Please complete, or abandon ship.
    For the last time: they're both vague. People have a variety of different opinions and they don't derive them from a wikipedia article.
    Traditional Women from when? The 1920’s? 1950’s? 1980’s?

Cultural norms are an ever changing ideal. What women were perceived as only 20 years ago is much different from 50 years ago. And what women were perceived as 50 years ago is much different than 100 years ago.

So which tradition is this referring to? Pending on the decade, results may vary.
    Remember this brain fart?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-08-03 at 02:43 PM.

For the last time: they're both vague. People have a variety of different opinions and they don't derive them from a wikipedia article.
    This is incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then a discussion regarding an undefined concept is really difficult to have. If the foundation doesn’t exist there is no common ground in which to discussion different opinions on.

In the end. This discussion is in regards to something that hardly exists, and serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This is incorrect.
    What is incorrect about it?

if you want a "tradwife", you had better make enough money to support her & the "traditional" 5 kids or whatever.

otherwise just comes across like guys want a surrogate mommy to wipe their butts.

I think I know what I insist better than you tyvm.
    Lol clearly not.

Whatever. Not that he addressed my point anyway.

Why is it okay for women to want a traditional man but people lose their minds when a man wants a traditional woman?

Personally I don't give a crap about marriage but I find it hilarious people pretend these double standards don't exist.
    Infact, if someone had made a thread like this about the opposite, it would've been closed.
    Women talk about wanting a "traditional man" all the time. What's so wrong about men expressing the same preference?
    That's fine. The thing is, a lot of these low quality women also want a "traditional" man. How are they any better with their unrealistic standards than those stupid incels or whatever you want to call them?
    All of which makes this especially funny:
    If you can't follow it because of some weird contrarian prejudice then I can't help you.

Lol clearly not.

All of which makes this especially funny:
    Grats, you quoted a few of my posts in this thread. Want a medal for that? Now if you could actually read and comprehend the rest of them too.

Grats, you quoted a few of my posts in this thread. Want a medal for that? Now if you could actually read and comprehend the rest of them too.
    Yes, the relevant posts under discussion. Your aggressive hostility is transparently defensive and tedious, and generally a sign a person knows they can't defend a ridiculous position and has thus embarrassed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    From 1955;
    Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
    Damn, they were just open about their foot fetishes in the 50's.

Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
    AND ASMR? Man, all this new kink shit has its root in "traditional" housewives!

Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him.
    1950'S, STOP BEING SO INCORRIGABLLY HORNY!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

1950'S, STOP BEING SO INCORRIGABLLY HORNY!
    Sexual deviances have always been closely tied to repression. Which is still true today.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's fine. The thing is, a lot of these low quality women also want a "traditional" man. How are they any better with their unrealistic standards than those stupid incels or whatever you want to call them?
    This is probably one of the more unrelated whataboutisms I've ever seen in a thread, considering there is no equivalent to all of the tradwife talk going around.

Men already have the freedom to do what they want. Nobody is trying to force them into a single life-role. That's the entire point of this. Are you upset at some actual political movement to shoehorn men into single life-roles, or are you merely upset that some women have preferences?

Here's the thing: People are allowed to have preferences in who they marry in life. Nobody has ever questioned that. As has been stated many times, if a guy wants a tradwife, he is free to look for and date one. If a woman has some preference, she has the same freedom. What people really care about are semi-political movements that are attempting to shame women back into a traditional homemaker role.

On the topic of this though, the tradwife meme has been evolving. While the alt-right has been churning out tradwife material, the opposition has been firing back with their own material. Previously, the alt-right made the "tradwife" vs "the liberated woman" images with a couple of the meme women. Not sure if they have names or not. The response has simply been to make the tradwife and liberated woman lovers. And it has worked to glorious effect at enraging the alt-right.

- - - Updated - - -

Tradwife has been very thoroughly defined in this thread, and why it has gained sudden momentum.

You started whining about women wanting a traditional husband, probably without even checking the relevance of the whole discussion in the first place.

You then started complaining that nobody is following you, when the only points you've made in this thread are to whine about women wanting traditional husbands.

You also didn't even define traditional husband. The tradwife definition has been provided in this context. What is your context of traditional husband? Why are you even whining about women wanting traditional husbands? Nobody has shamed anyone for their taste in a life partner in this thread, and you seem to be thinking that's what this is about. You seem to think it's some kind of anti-male thread shaming men for wanting traditional wives, when in reality it's shaming the people who want to force women into traditional roles.

THINK MAN, THINK.

DID YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD?

DID YOU EVEN TRY TO GRASP THE SUBJECT MATTER BEFORE YOU JUMPED IN AND STARTED WHINING?

Because from where I and basically everyone else are standing, you didn't do any of those things. Including think. All you did was smash out some words on a keyboard based on an emotional response you had.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Man, I figured Hand Crushed by Mallet would be a Cannibal Corpse song...man was I mega wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    This is probably one of the more unrelated whataboutisms I've ever seen in a thread, considering there is no equivalent to all of the tradwife talk going around.

Men already have the freedom to do what they want. Nobody is trying to force them into a single life-role. That's the entire point of this. Are you upset at some actual political movement to shoehorn men into single life-roles, or are you merely upset that some women have preferences?

Here's the thing: People are allowed to have preferences in who they marry in life. Nobody has ever questioned that. As has been stated many times, if a guy wants a tradwife, he is free to look for and date one. If a woman has some preference, she has the same freedom. What people really care about are semi-political movements that are attempting to shame women back into a traditional homemaker role.

On the topic of this though, the tradwife meme has been evolving. While the alt-right has been churning out tradwife material, the opposition has been firing back with their own material. Previously, the alt-right made the "tradwife" vs "the liberated woman" images with a couple of the meme women. Not sure if they have names or not. The response has simply been to make the tradwife and liberated woman lovers. And it has worked to glorious effect at enraging the alt-right.

- - - Updated - - -

Tradwife has been very thoroughly defined in this thread, and why it has gained sudden momentum.

You started whining about women wanting a traditional husband, probably without even checking the relevance of the whole discussion in the first place.

You then started complaining that nobody is following you, when the only points you've made in this thread are to whine about women wanting traditional husbands.

You also didn't even define traditional husband. The tradwife definition has been provided in this context. What is your context of traditional husband? Why are you even whining about women wanting traditional husbands? Nobody has shamed anyone for their taste in a life partner in this thread, and you seem to be thinking that's what this is about. You seem to think it's some kind of anti-male thread shaming men for wanting traditional wives, when in reality it's shaming the people who want to force women into traditional roles.

THINK MAN, THINK.

DID YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD?

DID YOU EVEN TRY TO GRASP THE SUBJECT MATTER BEFORE YOU JUMPED IN AND STARTED WHINING?

Because from where I and basically everyone else are standing, you didn't do any of those things. Including think. All you did was smash out some words on a keyboard based on an emotional response you had.
    On top of all of that. We have been seeing a few forms of feminism circulate over the past decade. But the core of it is, Let women live how they want to live. That includes being a Traditional Wife, just the same as it includes a very alternative wife.