Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most fun half I've seen from us for a while.

Loftus-Cheek and Odoi back in favour hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Pretty sure many fans would prefer Ole to be replaced, at least from what I've seen being commented around on the web. That said I don't use much social media so that might be a limited take.
    OT singing his name all game, what are you talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    OT singing his name all game, what are you talking about?
    That many fans who aren't able to go to OT would like to see him replaced, from what I often see on the internet. But again as I said, I don't use social media and the likes much so it might just be a small percentage of fans. That's all I was getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    That many fans who aren't able to go to OT would like to see him replaced, from what I often see on the internet. But again as I said, I don't use social media and the likes much so it might just be a small percentage of fans. That's all I was getting at.
    I see a lot of not-fans like Valkyrst saying it, but fans seem fine with him.

I don’t think we played badly today, but really disappointed with the draw, Everton were shit, they just showed up to not lose and got like 3 chances of which one they scored. Also, does Rondon have a game or skill other than to be a dick? I’ve seen gamesmanship and pissing about time wasting, but that’s the first player I’ve seen up close just spending 90 minutes being an absolute dick.

As for United, the right side still looks bad, everything breaks down when it ends up over there because AWB just doesn’t know what to do with it going forward. He needs competition for his spot that isn’t Dalot.

Sancho is starting to look good though.

I see a lot of not-fans like Valkyrst saying it, but fans seem fine with him.

I don’t think we played badly today, but really disappointed with the draw, Everton were shit, they just showed up to not lose and got like 3 chances of which one they scored. Also, does Rondon have a game or skill other than to be a dick? I’ve seen gamesmanship and pissing about time wasting, but that’s the first player I’ve seen up close just spending 90 minutes being an absolute dick.

As for United, the right side still looks bad, everything breaks down when it ends up over there because AWB just doesn’t know what to do with it going forward. He needs competition for his spot that isn’t Dalot.

Sancho is starting to look good though.
    Like I said, the longer he stays, the better for people who don’t want the best for the club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Like I said, the longer he stays, the better for people who don’t want the best for the club.
    Because what’s best for the club is endless management resets forever?

No, best for the club is getting Woodward out which isn’t happening soon enough, and a transfer policy that isn’t ‘one player the manager wants, one as a favour for a friend to launder £50m on someone who’ll never actually play, and one unplanned impulse buy’.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't able to watch todays match due to RL obligations, but I'll hopefully catch it tonight on MOTD. And as for Ole, I'd much prefer he's given more time than as Jessicka says another managerial reset, even if I have my doubts. Ideally I hope I get proven wrong, I like the guy but every now and then I just feel he makes odd decisions, for example around substitutions.

You do realise it doesnt matter aslong as Glazers control the club? They are happy if the club reaches CL stages, that means top 4. Anything more is just an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You do realise it doesnt matter aslong as Glazers control the club? They are happy if the club reaches CL stages, that means top 4. Anything more is just an added bonus.
    They bring in a marquee signing nearly every season...
    It sounds like you're making excuses for Ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    This. It’s just excuses.

we looked ok today, just the midfield isnt up to snuff.

DVB needs to go, i have no idea why we bought him fred is keeping him out of the team and he cant pass, dont know if pogba needed a rest but if not Fred kept him out of the team

Sancho looked good, im excited for when he settles but i think he needs to play every game, i know Tony Manc scored but i would have preferred Sancho for the 90.

I do think that Ole is one summer transfer window away from an amazing team though, no huge name signed, no best striker in the world (again) just get a midfielder (that he'll play),a young r back to fight AWB and idk, maybe just bring that kid we sent to forest (i think) back, cant remember his name, garner maybe? we need one player that can do what those two cant and a young one to learn from him

i stand by what i said this summer, Sancho should not have been our target, ordering of transfers may be Oles downfall

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree would have preferred Sancho for the 90, but in fairness they both need the minutes.

The mistake was bringing on Ronaldo for Cavani, I think Cavani’s movement would have worked better with Sancho. But that’s hindsight, no one was going to say it was the wrong call beforehand.

Get this international break out the way, get Rashford back should help.

Right back has got to be Christmas priority, never mind waiting for summer.

Agree would have preferred Sancho for the 90, but in fairness they both need the minutes.

The mistake was bringing on Ronaldo for Cavani, I think Cavani’s movement would have worked better with Sancho. But that’s hindsight, no one was going to say it was the wrong call beforehand.

Get this international break out the way, get Rashford back should help.

Right back has got to be Christmas priority, never mind waiting for summer.
    you are right about them both needing minutes.

when cavani went off i assumed he was injured, unless Ole is working on his sub game. i dont think they said anything on commentary but thats just what i thought

i hope we do spend January, maybe we could do that and then use summer to get rid of deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Yeah, to make the fans shut up and stop moaning. Manchester United is a money printing machine without picking up any trophy. Thats what the owners care about.

Sure, a thropy here and there will ofc happen now and again. But thats not the goal for the club owners.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah, to make the fans shut up and stop moaning. Manchester United is a money printing machine without picking up any trophy. Thats what the owners care about.

Sure, a thropy here and there will ofc happen now and again. But thats not the goal for the club owners.
    Be great if other clubs could spend £100-150m per season just to stop fans moaning. Easy life.

Be great if other clubs could spend £100-150m per season just to stop fans moaning. Easy life.
    We made money on Ronaldo, we have the money to spend, that's not a fan issue, the issue is spending money wisely, we don't.

Phil Jones is on 4 mil a year over four years, do you think we will see him play more than ten times in four years? Similar with Mata, different figures.

We have two first team keepers on shitloadd. De gea and Romero were fine for years.

We've got the situation where lingaard just turned down a contract because he wants to be first team after we could have sold him to West ham or whoever, he isn't United first team, he had his chance, when he scored the goal after young boys Own goal setup he even said ' that's the only mistake I've made in my career' like we haven't been watching him for years

My phone keeps deleting this when I go to another window to Google how poorly we are run and I won't retype again but the point is that if we were well run we would be winning things, we aren't so we're not, we are successful because of the forty year past not the ten year past
    Last edited by molliewoof; 2021-10-03 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

You love to see it

Yeah Mourinho and LVG didn't work for us but using that as an argument for why we should stick with Ole makes no sense in my opinion. It's like being in a relationship that's dead but you decide to stay in it longer to prove a point that you're not gonna jump around more because you have a few exes in your past that didn't work either.

LVG just felt like he was way past his prime for us and I don't think he was helped by the team we had at that point either. Signings were a mess. Mourinho got better results than Ole but it still felt miserable mostly because Mourinho makes any atmosphere miserable. Ole has done an okay job but over time and with the signings we have made, the expectations have also gone up.

I don't think Ole deserves to be chased out of Old Trafford with torches and pitchforks but either we have to accept that we're not gonna win anything under him or it's time for a change. I think he did great for a period of time in transitioning when there were big holes in the team but our squad is on par with City/Liverpool (not saying better, but in the same area) and if we fail to perform to that level then it's on the manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    We made money on Ronaldo, we have the money to spend, that's not a fan issue, the issue is spending money wisely, we don't.

Phil Jones is on 4 mil a year over four years, do you think we will see him play more than ten times in four years? Similar with Mata, different figures.

We have two first team keepers on shitloadd. De gea and Romero were fine for years.

We've got the situation where lingaard just turned down a contract because he wants to be first team after we could have sold him to West ham or whoever, he isn't United first team, he had his chance, when he scored the goal after young boys Own goal setup he even said ' that's the only mistake I've made in my career' like we haven't been watching him for years

My phone keeps deleting this when I go to another window to Google how poorly we are run and I won't retype again but the point is that if we were well run we would be winning things, we aren't so we're not, we are successful because of the forty year past not the ten year past
    I think better examples of our misspent wealth are Dalot, VDB, and Diallo. None of them were bought with seemingly any intention of playing them, yet they’re on first team salaries and we paid first team sums. At least Jones, Bailly and Martial actually played and have had some past glories, but we pay them too much to be able to get rid of them now they’re not performing well enough to play.

Mata is basically coaching staff now, yet he’s never put in a bad performance and he deserves to play a lot more.

On the other hand we’ve got Pogba who’s paid too much, cost too much, can put out 1 good performance in 10, yet needs to be shoehorned in whatever because of the Adidas deal and other media/advertisers. I’m starting to have similar concerns with Ronaldo; media demanding we play him, when if we’re all honest he did fuck all for 94 minutes against Villarreal and nothing whatsoever against Everton.

These aren’t Ole’s job to deal with, but they are his to work around and we’ve seen better managers fail already. If we were to replace Ole, I can’t see any managers who are realistically available (namely Zidane, Conte) being ‘that guy’, and certainly they wouldn’t be the kind who’d actually stick around of their own volition when things got tough, which inevitably means more reset 2 years later.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-10-03 at 09:23 AM.

Indeed. Imagine if Manchester United didnt have shit owners who pocketed most of the income to themself. If you actually go and check out the numbers MUFC generate on a yearly basis, 150 pr season is nothing. MUFC could spend much more without issues if the owners decided not to have MUFC as a private moneymachine. PSG, City, Chelsea is something else. They rely 100% on the owners, thats where all the money comes from. If owner doesnt want to spend, there is no spending. MUFC spends literally whatever the owners decide is the leftovers from the money the club made.

huge difference.

And yes, its the easy way out for the Glazers to sign Ronaldo and other big names to please the fans. Its the easy way out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yeah Mourinho and LVG didn't work for us but using that as an argument for why we should stick with Ole makes no sense in my opinion. It's like being in a relationship that's dead but you decide to stay in it longer to prove a point that you're not gonna jump around more because you have a few exes in your past that didn't work either.

LVG just felt like he was way past his prime for us and I don't think he was helped by the team we had at that point either. Signings were a mess. Mourinho got better results than Ole but it still felt miserable mostly because Mourinho makes any atmosphere miserable. Ole has done an okay job but over time and with the signings we have made, the expectations have also gone up.

I don't think Ole deserves to be chased out of Old Trafford with torches and pitchforks but either we have to accept that we're not gonna win anything under him or it's time for a change. I think he did great for a period of time in transitioning when there were big holes in the team but our squad is on par with City/Liverpool (not saying better, but in the same area) and if we fail to perform to that level then it's on the manager.
    Be careful what you wish for. It might get alot worse if the club sacks Ole and someone else comes in. It might be another 6+ years of a total shitshow with random signings and whatever tactical setup.

My biggest gripe with Ole is how he obviously want his team to play. The two CDMs is making me furious everytime I see it, cause it makes the team so much slower and less "attacking" oriented. I would love if Ole just gave that role to one player and rotated between Matic, Mctom & Fred. That opens up space for a more offensive player in midfield.

Mctom

Fernandes - Pogba

Rashford - Ronaldo/cavani - Sancho/greenwood

It should by all merits be a letah midfield+attack. Instead he goes for the two CDMs with Mctom & friend. Somehow he clearly doesnt rely on the back four, something I find strange now that Varane is there.

Let Fernandes & Pogba(Beek) play in offensive midfield roles with Mctom/matic as CDM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

You love to see it
    Great banter by Suarez. The fact that Koeman and Barcelona just let Suarez go like that is probably one of the worst player decisions ever done. If they had kept him, they would probably have been fighting for the league all the way in last season.