Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Are the Titans to bring the Tinker class?

Courtesy of the Brokers' new cosmological chart perspective:

It seems like Order is represented by a cogwheel - a mostly technological aspect in WoW.
    In the Engineering profession, Cogwheels, also known as Tinker's Gears, are items that fit exclusively in Cogwheel sockets, much in the manner of cut gems.
    So, in the end of the day, Tinkers are quite represented by a Cogwheel icon, as in many other games.

Now, Ion insinuated in one of his interviews that we are about to visit a Titan Homeworld:

"Shadowlands delves deeper into the cosmology chart. We've explored some sections in past expansions--like Argus (Disorder) and Emerald Dream (Life). We've mostly seen Titans through their Azeroth expressions, but we haven't gotten to a proper Titan homeworld."

So, would that expansion introduce the Tinker class? or would it be just patch-worth of a zone? Am i reading too much into that? or is it just a mount in game?

Would like to hear your thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or the cogwheel could be utilized in symbolism as part of Order, you want it to run like a well-planned and timed machine without Disorder throwing a wrench into it. And they will use their powers to keep this machine running, even if they have to oppress other beings.

I would love a Tinker class but Engineering in WoW and Tinkerers, are not what I would connect directly to Order but a mix of the two, as the outcome of science aren't always what you expect.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Feel like reading a bit too much into it. Its just one of the geargliders seen from above.

"Emerald Dream = Life" doesn't really make sense as the Emerald Dream is an Azeroth thing, not a cosmic realm like the Shadowlands.

gnomes are actually titans confirmed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    "Emerald Dream = Life" doesn't really make sense as the Emerald Dream is an Azeroth thing, not a cosmic realm like the Shadowlands.
    The Dream as we know it is just one singular place.
    Which could just be 1 realm out of many inside a larger cosmic plane, just like the Shadowlands and its infinite realms.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    gnomes are actually titans confirmed
    Well. They are Titan constructs after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. This is meant to be from the Broker's view, while the other is of the Titans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Reading too much into it.

Cosmology chart changes are setup for a longer-term thing. Doubt it would be 'soon' since we do have other places planned to visit before they set up in-game hints for a proper Titan World for us to go to. I mean we don't even have a name for the place yet, so I assume that would have to be seeded into the next couple expansions before we make the jump, just like how Shadowlands was seeded into Legion and BFA.

Also I wouldn't mind a Titan-styled Tech class, though I expect it to be more of an Artificer like how the Draenei approach tech, sort of a mixed magi-tech theme. I would distance this from the Warcraft 3 Tinker that has nothing to do with Titans. It's just too weird to start mixing in the junky tech style of the Goblins with some higher form of Titan tech and pretend it's all the same class. There's enough nuance to keep it as two different things.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-15 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Or the cogwheel could be utilized in symbolism as part of Order, you want it to run like a well-planned and timed machine without Disorder throwing a wrench into it. And they will use their powers to keep this machine running, even if they have to oppress other beings.

I would love a Tinker class but Engineering in WoW and Tinkerers, are not what I would connect directly to Order but a mix of the two, as the outcome of science aren't always what you expect.
    Order does not always come in the form of a machine. It can be magical and it can be militaristic.

For example, in the RPG, technology has a disorder aspect called chaos energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Feel like reading a bit too much into it. Its just one of the geargliders seen from above.
    Why would a mount represent an entire cosmological force? it doesn't make any sense...

It is. It's on the cosmology chart.
    Much like how the shadowlands turned out to be an all universal death plane, the Emerald Dream would probably be one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Reading too much into it.

Cosmology chart changes are setup for a longer-term thing. Doubt it would be 'soon' since we do have other places planned to visit before they set up in-game hints for a proper Titan World for us to go to. I mean we don't even have a name for the place yet, so I assume that would have to be seeded into the next couple expansions before we make the jump, just like how Shadowlands was seeded into Legion and BFA.
    Well, they sort of did it with Legion. Antorus was a pretty titan-heavy raid.
    Then came BfA, with its Azerite storyline.

Also I wouldn't mind a Titan-styled Tech class, though I expect it to be more of an Artificer like how the Draenei approach tech, sort of a mixed magi-tech theme. I would distance this from the Warcraft 3 Tinker that has nothing to do with Titans. It's just too weird to start mixing in the junky tech style of the Goblins with some higher form of Titan tech and pretend it's all the same class. There's enough nuance to keep it as two different things.
    No.
    I didn't mean it and i wouldn't want it.
    The Tinker i was referring to is the Tinker we all know and love: Goblins' and Gnomes'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Order does not always come in the form of a machine. It can be magical and it can be militaristic.

For example, in the RPG, technology has a disorder aspect called chaos energy.
    I believe you might've misunderstood me. Order is about operating things by plan and notion, hence they talk of it may be displayed as a cogwheel to symbolize that Order is like a well-timed machine, and Disorder is what can set that machine to a halt.

As for the class part, well, I'm still fixed that in the world of Warcraft, Engineering isn't really screaming out 'Order' as a lot of it in lore is trial and error, chaos, and solution, making it an aspect of more than Order alone.

Well, they sort of did it with Legion. Antorus was a pretty titan-heavy raid.
    Then came BfA, with its Azerite storyline.
    Well we still have zero information on any Titan homeworlds, and I'm not taking Blue Posts into consideration as 'hints to the next expansion'. If we have a hint, then it should be from the expansions themselves.

If Shadowlands isn't hinting at a Titan homeworld directly, I really don't expect it to happen any time soon. I know that there have been 'surprise' expansions before, but I doubt they would unveil something as big as a Titan homeworld as a 'Surprise!' adventure. That's definitely something to build up towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe you might've misunderstood me. Order is about operating things by plan and notion, hence they talk of it may be displayed as a cogwheel to symbolize that Order is like a well-timed machine, and Disorder is what can set that machine to a halt.
    It's weird, because they depicted Disorder using Demons, Void using tentacles, Life using a tree and animals, Death using the Arbiter and Light using, well... Light. But, for some reason they used a cogwheel instead of titans, or titanic constructs, in order. I wonder if they're unfamiliar with them or with the Naaru, because they are the only creatures who don't seem to appear.

As for the class part, well, I'm still fixed that in the world of Warcraft, Engineering isn't really screaming out 'Order' as a lot of it in lore is trial and error, chaos, and solution, making it an aspect of more than Order alone.
    Never have i associated Tinkers with titans, either.

Well we still have zero information on any Titan homeworlds, and I'm not taking Blue Posts into consideration as 'hints to the next expansion'. If we have a hint, then it should be from the expansions themselves.

If Shadowlands isn't hinting at a Titan homeworld directly, I really don't expect it to happen any time soon. I know that there have been 'surprise' expansions before, but I doubt they would unveil something as big as a Titan homeworld as a 'Surprise!' adventure. That's definitely something to build up towards.
    How about Elunaria? seems like a titan-world lookalike.

How about Elunaria? seems like a titan-world lookalike.
    Well we've been to Elunaria and it could be assumed not to be a Titan Homeworld.

Ion said 'we haven't gotten to a proper Titan homeworld' so if Elunaria was a proper Titan homeworld, he should have just mentioned it out by name (unless he completely forgot about it).

And besides, I doubt visiting Elunaria would give us any proper connections to Tinkers, regardless. Elunaria would likely be based on Eonar's themes of Life, Nature and Creation. That's almost the complete opposite of Tinker's heavy Tech theme.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-07-15 at 10:14 PM.

You people have been talking about this "tinker" class for like 8+ years now

give it a rest, it's not happening

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Summon the Terrorz ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Well we've been to Elunaria and it could be assumed not to be a Titan Homeworld.

Ion said 'we haven't gotten to a proper Titan homeworld' so if Elunaria was a proper Titan homeworld, he should have just mentioned it out by name (unless he completely forgot about it).

And besides, I doubt visiting Elunaria would give us any proper connections to Tinkers, regardless. Elunaria would likely be based on Eonar's themes of Life, Nature and Creation. That's almost the complete opposite of Tinker's heavy Tech theme.
    I was talking about them hinting at it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Teriz was. I didn't get the chance.

Zovaal being mainly a force of Order confirmed then. At least his portal and music after the Sylvanas fight pretty much implies that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

no, we already have enough classes.

Seemed like gears of clockwork for time.

So unless Tinkers are time-related like that one Hearthstone time-tinker, I ain't seeing it.

I was talking about them hinting at it.
    You're reading too much into it.