Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ... Did I miss something about the tusks? I thought everyone and their grandmother must have them by now...
    And I can't recall them having done something like this before neither.
    I gave up after the 50th SoO clear.. fuck that raid instance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What's so special about the cinematic that MMOC would put it on their front page I don't get it? It's literally a carbon-copy of the original cinematic, but worse quality..
    Are you serious? The animation is considerably better and they at least tried to lip sync.. unlike Blizzard.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What's so special about the cinematic that MMOC would put it on their front page I don't get it? It's literally a carbon-copy of the original cinematic, but worse quality..
    Worse quality? You would claim that OSRS looks better than Witcher 3

  3. #23
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    11,173
    I am shocked that an independent animator using WOW assets put together a better cinematic, only complaint is it should have kept the original cinematography, and just concentrated on fixing the lip sync.

  4. #24
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Are you serious? The animation is considerably better and they at least tried to lip sync.. unlike Blizzard.
    something to note, the fanmade cinematic is only in english. the ingame wow cinematic comes in every single language.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    something to note, the fanmade cinematic is only in english. the ingame wow cinematic comes in every single language.
    I'm sure everyone seeing a bad low quality version makes it good in your mind, but really, no, it doesn't.

    Also the argument of it being an ingame cinematic, as a reminder, the player character doesn't even appear in this one and unless you regularily lament the lack of raid markers in your cinematics, there was little to no reason for it being such a cinematic other than it being cheap. Some fan making one in less than a week just shows that it wouldn't have cost Blizzard an arm and a leg to make a proper one though.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm sure everyone seeing a bad low quality version makes it good in your mind, but really, no, it doesn't.

    Also the argument of it being an ingame cinematic, as a reminder, the player character doesn't even appear in this one and unless you regularily lament the lack of raid markers in your cinematics, there was little to no reason for it being such a cinematic other than it being cheap. Some fan making one in less than a week just shows that it wouldn't have cost Blizzard an arm and a leg to make a proper one though.
    You are talking to a guy that still swears that BfA ending was delisted from youtube because it was released "too soon" and that it will be back when enough people will clear the raid.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,958
    I don't get the tusks. Are they really in such high demand to justify the addition into the BMAH?

    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What's so special about the cinematic that MMOC would put it on their front page I don't get it? It's literally a carbon-copy of the original cinematic, but worse quality..
    No

  8. #28
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Also the argument of it being an ingame cinematic, as a reminder, the player character doesn't even appear in this one and unless you regularily lament the lack of raid markers in your cinematics,
    Yes they do, the player and their raid members appears in the background a few times, like when the sword drops, when garrosh looks to the boss, and when the explosion happens. there is a couple other times but only visible when you have a full raid, making them more visible during the cinematic.
    But the shown cinematics are the bugged vesion so the ones you see online only show 1 person. like here.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    With their stupidly low drop-rate and how painfully long SoO is? God no.
    wow is dying because of blizzard and all those systems and time gate to lock everyone looking like a job

    They dont do content to everyone, they only do content to raiders for a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    wow is dying because of blizzard and all those systems and time gate to lock everyone looking like a job

    They dont do content to everyone, they only do content to raiders for a long time
    The hell does that have to do with my comment?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    something to note, the fanmade cinematic is only in english. the ingame wow cinematic comes in every single language.
    The same could be said for the pre-rendered cinematics as well as the ingame cinematic where we first escape the maw, though. All of those are synced to English.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes they do, the player and their raid members appears in the background a few times, like when the sword drops, when garrosh looks to the boss, and when the explosion happens. there is a couple other times but only visible when you have a full raid, making them more visible during the cinematic.
    But the shown cinematics are the bugged vesion so the ones you see online only show 1 person. like here.
    Okay I stand corrected, though sersiously I can't be the only one to have missed our utterly miniscule presence in the cutscene. Apparently my raid doesn't have enough glow effects on their transmog as I didn't even notice any of us standing there the first time watching it, lol.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

  12. #32
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Okay I stand corrected, though sersiously I can't be the only one to have missed our utterly miniscule presence in the cutscene. Apparently my raid doesn't have enough glow effects on their transmog as I didn't even notice any of us standing there the first time watching it, lol.
    again you missed it cause its bugged and only showing the main player, not the entire raid.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again you missed it cause its bugged and only showing the main player, not the entire raid.
    I watched one on youtube where the raid was shown, so I guessed just I missed it. Well, a bug would explain it, though personally I don't see how us being ants next to the boss and kaiju-garrosh would add anything to the cinematic. It's all about garrosh's last whinging before he suicides into the boss.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am shocked that an independent animator using WOW assets put together a better cinematic, only complaint is it should have kept the original cinematography, and just concentrated on fixing the lip sync.
    I Agree on both notes.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    Too late for Classic, too soon for WOTLK Classic
    Just in time to Burning Crusade Classic

  15. #35
    So with that BMAH tweet about Garrosh's shoulders being available, is Blizz confirming that Garrosh is gone forever now?

    "Pile of dust not included"

  16. #36
    Hey MMO-Champ, thanks again for ruining a spoiler by telling us you're going to ruin it.

    Keep up the great work, lol.
    "Aren't you worried?"
    "Would it help?"

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire Helander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    440
    Blizzard HQ: Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit our game is dying. That toxic man is putting the killwaifu into our game, what do we do?!
    Intern 1: How about we make the game fun?
    Ion: Naw lets release a t-mog on the BMAH so we can inflate our wow token engagement metric so that we all dont lose our jobs.

  18. #38
    They should put that cinematic in game.

    1000% better than Garrosh's teeth wagging around like hotdogs.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    Blizzard HQ: Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit our game is dying. That toxic man is putting the killwaifu into our game, what do we do?!
    Intern 1: How about we make the game fun?
    Ion: Naw lets release a t-mog on the BMAH so we can inflate our wow token engagement metric so that we all dont lose our jobs.
    Oh yeah ~1 milion on average per server, that will inflate wow token engagement a lot. And it's not like ton of people compete for that, I play on very high/sometimes full server and 2-3 people compete (more likely 2).

    Btw, I'm one of these lucky ones, got it for 900k, I guess my work to gather 2M for spider starts again. Funny that I never really farmed it, clearing so long raid for so tiny chance is ridicolous.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    something to note, the fanmade cinematic is only in english. the ingame wow cinematic comes in every single language.
    But the ingame cinematic is not lip synced to any language.

    Its an easy fix to just add other languages onto this one and atleast one will always be lip synced... as opposed to none.

    Lip syncing always takes extra time especially to multiple languages. Most games take one language and stick to it, only a few go the extra mile.. even FF14 (the current hot mmo) isnt synced to english but its not that noticeable, im fairly sure its lip synced to japanese but i dont understand that anyway so cant confirm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •