Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    more mmorpg elements, deeper longlasting crafting, real playerhousing zone, with houses to put down and move around a large social map, decorations for this as well.
    more quest content that deepens the lore of the world and reuses all zones in new interesting ways. better storytelling through these as well so we are not a main character in a mainstoryline, instead let the stories be local in scope and have the story include a party in its cinematics.

add dialogue options, good, bad or neutral endings to quest chains.

make ingame faction switching possible through various questline endings.

make pvparena and bg honor gear use stats that can not be used in pve, instead use these fixed pvp sets to balance pvp without breaking pve.

world pvp can be unbalanced as it should be.

to much to ask for? problably.

so maybe just make wow2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It’s weird this. Wow lore use to excite so much in the RTS, what made them think nerfing races and spoiling things was a better way to go?
    I guess we wanted a return to form after so much absurdity. BfA kind of shot in every possible barrel and never bothered to patch the holes.

Restored Gilneas as a usable city. Same with Gnomeregan. Quel'thalas as well. Lordaeron repopulated with humans. The cleansing of Stratholme, and dousing the fires there that have been burning nonstop for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars

Revamped flying so we don't end up with the current version where it constantly has to be prevented if content is supposed to mean something. Also so it maybe one day can have actual content arising organically from it instead of the pathetic displays in places like Storm Peaks where flying only meant the zone was an endless collection of plateaus inaccessible without flying.

Also far more reused zones.
    Though sadly the BfA revamped zones ran straight into the developmental brick wall that is the current version of flying it did prove that content could be made in old zones for less effort but far higher reward for casual players.
    Just do more of those zones, maybe one each major patch and we would be golden as far as low-effort cosmetic grinds would be concerned.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    There's not much prerequisites to become a warlock. You just need to be a power hungry opportunistic little shit and find books of occult powers.
    Less I think... books aren't required exactly.. orc nomads didn't exactly seem the type to have much written scriptures and most of the Legion reqruitment seemed to be some sort of passing of power in a number of ways, like in the presence of one another or long distance and awareness of the ritual wasn't required for the receiver. I'd say you just need a willing partner or a higher power here
    Tauren Rogues could also simply be pirates.
    Rogue tropes are almost as held back as paladin. Rogue would just be a skirmisher/scout/explorer. You don't have to associate every aspect of a class fantasy with every race at all times.
    Mechagnomes are known to emulate life with machines, even mechanizing animals. As long as there's a mecha echosystem, you can nudge in mechadruids, lol. And who the heck wouldn't want to play an actual Transformer ?
    at this point druids have been stuck too long as plant mages or tied to Malfurion... and yet they keep adding in offshoots that stem from different sources and just send it. Just go all the way... some "druids" are just mages that dabble in nature and life magic with shape shifting to improve aspects of their physical form.
    Draenei warlock... Well you would need the same kind of twist you got to introduce NE mages.
    well, honestly just have the eredar remnants come back with the events of the legion's defeat. Or play up the themes related to the draenei that turned Sargerei in TBC or an angle sort of like the light forged but dedicated to fel/demonic. I think the draenei would honestly be more receptive than the night elves given their excessivly long lives and general saint like demeanor.
    And as I said, not every race-class combination needs a big ass explanation.
    This, so much this. We reached a point where everyone should have been mingling to a degree where everyone would be exposed to concepts and training and racial stigmas for some class concepts should be diminished (if Night Elves can bury the hatchet for arcane and mages then literally no other group has an excuse imo)

edit:
    What I want to see in the game... less focus on the same selection of main characters. I want to see more Taylor's and Nazgrim's who can become something eventually. I'd count Nathanos and Saurfang (faction 'champions'/random npc that weren't prominent getting pushed in the story...) as well but they really took those characters off into weird territory with plot holes and issues that just never got properly handled.

Also smaller scale stories. World altering implications for every minor event make the world altering issues stop feeling significant. Like I can only care so much about how [insert entity] is going to destroy life as we know it so much.... Stalvan Mistmantle was a far more menacing figure as a disgruntled pedo than some discount wish.com firelord in the forest I can't be arsed to remember.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2021-08-05 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    I guess we wanted a return to form after so much absurdity. BfA kind of shot in every possible barrel and never bothered to patch the holes.
    The propensity and lack of filling those holes just gets to us after a while.

I mean it makes the writing appear shoddy, they can't keep doing this half arsed presentation indefinitely and think "oh, they were fine with it before, they'll be kay with it, because , it's warcraft" - no, it was shoddy, we didn't like it, we hoped it would greatly improve, but it didn't, you ahve these great storied, and but keep poorly fleshing out your big themes for us.

At some point we just toss iti n the bin and say garbage.. which is exactly what it is. Which is said bcasue you have some talented writers that write some awesome small stories, quests etc, just no one that guides the vision properly.

That's my take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    edit:
    What I want to see in the game... less focus on the same selection of main characters. I want to see more Taylor's and Nazgrim's who can become something eventually. I'd count Nathanos and Saurfang (faction 'champions'/random npc that weren't prominent getting pushed in the story...) as well but they really took those characters off into weird territory with plot holes and issues that just never got properly handled.

Also smaller scale stories. World altering implications for every minor event make the world altering issues stop feeling significant. Like I can only care so much about how [insert entity] is going to destroy life as we know it so much.... Stalvan Mistmantle was a far more menacing figure as a disgruntled pedo than some discount wish.com firelord in the forest I can't be arsed to remember.
    They are so weird, the way they dispose of characters that become unpopular with the fans.. instead of fix them.

I daresay, they ruin the character, tha'ts why they become unpopular, then kill them off stupidly (imo) . Doesn't always happen ofc, but happens enough times.

That's wow's problem, there is too much trash mixed in with good stuff, for a game of this calibre and prestige, it's got too much rubbish and substandard stuff mixed in with good stuff.

It still amazes me how they continue to write so much stuff everyone actually hates, and think it's good stuff - and I'll be fair, not everything they write is hated, a lot is loved, it's jsut that there is too much hated stuff to. originally, everything they wrote was loved, this is what it needs to be/returned to.

4 factions.

Alliance: Humans, gnomes, dwarves. Void elves break the Sunwell. Undead and werewolves need to be purged. Led by a militaristic Turalyon.

Guardians: Night Elves, Tauren, Draenei. Hippy faction that's had enough war and just wants to be left alone. Damn orcs keep walking all up in their property though...

Horde: Orcs, ogres, trolls, goblins. The OG crew return and remember what clans and cultures are. Rediscovery if orcish lore. Less self-loathing victims, more zug zug. Time to get some land that isn't a barren waste.

Forsaken: Undead, Blood Elves, Worgen. Blood Elves lose Sunwell again, go back to being mana vampires. Worgen curse magnifies and they have gone feral and mad; luckily the Forsaken have a way to mitigate this. They're not bad, just misunderstood?

Open world PvP zones with events that determine control. Cross-faction PvE. A return to the old world and making it relevant again. Smaller gear disparity and ilvl creep. No more Marvel copy-paste stories. In essence, a return to Warcraft.

Oh and keep the characters in character, let them stay true to themselves and give them real development shown both in the books and in the game instead of completely changing their personality and often making them villains with little to no preparation and justification for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    4 factions.

Alliance: Humans, gnomes, dwarves. Void elves break the Sunwell. Undead and werewolves need to be purged. Led by a militaristic Turalyon.

Guardians: Night Elves, Tauren, Draenei. Hippy faction that's had enough war and just wants to be left alone. Damn orcs keep walking all up in their property though...

Horde: Orcs, ogres, trolls, goblins. The OG crew return and remember what clans and cultures are. Rediscovery if orcish lore. Less self-loathing victims, more zug zug. Time to get some land that isn't a barren waste.

Forsaken: Undead, Blood Elves, Worgen. Blood Elves lose Sunwell again, go back to being mana vampires. Worgen curse magnifies and they have gone feral and mad; luckily the Forsaken have a way to mitigate this. They're not bad, just misunderstood?

Open world PvP zones with events that determine control. Cross-faction PvE. A return to the old world and making it relevant again. Smaller gear disparity and ilvl creep. No more Marvel copy-paste stories. In essence, a return to Warcraft.
    I like this

I'd give back their competence and guerilla warfare skills, and natural allies to the Night Elves.

Also Malfurion and the rest of the druids, Maiev and Jarod Shadowsong, the Highborne and their best students take part in their people defense and wars instead of being kept neutral or away until BFA.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    To be honest, all this cosmos higher gods and super higher is sorta interesting and I’m like okay.

But it’s not that engaging, and the constant horde and alliance ramble got old and tired a long time ago.

I really just want more down to Earth interesting developments. They’ve got so much racial lore and racial developments from all the lore each race has and now their allied races and sun races to do a lot of interesting stuff.

Why not continue to advance the story of the races? I really find what the blood elves or night elves and the various races are up to and their fantasy at this point a lot more engaging than the pantheon of death and the order of the first ones and the Before ones that came before them.

There is so much left to explore a d continue on the story
    Of the races to make content engaging and exciting without going all over the cosmos.

I find talking about my favourite races just more engaging then anything the main storylines have to offer. I think that is saying something.

I think a world revamp and a good set of stories for all the races is needed

Current Thread Warnings:

This thread is not about Madeleine Roux and related memes - let's pivot back to the original topic of the thread.
    IMO WoW has never done a good job at either the story telling or reusing the existing content. They have tried, but again IMO they have failed. They did far to many verticle expansions causing massive power gaps and way to much content for new players to enter into the game; which is why we've seen the game progress with ilvl reductions, level cap reductions and now with the leveling experience gutted and you basically level in the expansions you want. Which is all fine and dandy for existing players but you lose out so much on the history of the game as a new player. But this ties back into their story telling. All of what i mentioned doesn't really matter because as a new player or old player you don't really get shit out of the leveling and it's now just an artificial wall to gate you to getting to actual content which is max level. I'd like to see much much more focus on story, I'd like to see much more focus on character development and not our toons but just many many characters in the WoW universe. And I don't mean focus on 2 or 3 for an expansion I mean like just every character in the game, did the guys in arathi highlands never advance? They still out there just killing raptors? And now with phasing I would like to see old world content used meaningfully. I think it's a real shame that you go through an area to never come back again. Resources like herbs and ore never reused, IDK, everything about how WoW progresses I just feel is wrong; they could have done so much more with what they had. Also having areas essentially level up with us would be good, I have never liked the idea that we're basically these unkillable heroes. Everyone likes the underdog story, fighting against evil, banning together to defeat a threat. Personally I think this is what WoW needs to get back to. I also personally always like the horde and alliance conflict and think they should bring it back, but only if they can do something dynamic with it. Like tensions in a zone grow and it spawns and event and then afterwards the winner of that event have like a territory shift that has some kind of meaningful impact on the game; maybe access to a dungeon or idk something like that. I actually liked the BFA Warfronts, but I think they should have been PvP and not PvE. So maybe something like that where you could take a castle. TLDR better and more story along with meaningful use of existing content.

A story with no plot holes and stupid things like using space ships and crude spears together.
    Also I really don't want players to be involved in the "cosmic" stuff directly. It just doesn't work and writers lack imagination to make them truly godlike, alien or interesting. As is, most are simply humans with a high "power level". They even managed to ruin the old gods, making them seem dumb and weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They are so weird, the way they dispose of characters that become unpopular with the fans.. instead of fix them.

I daresay, they ruin the character, tha'ts why they become unpopular, then kill them off stupidly (imo) . Doesn't always happen ofc, but happens enough times.

That's wow's problem, there is too much trash mixed in with good stuff, for a game of this calibre and prestige, it's got too much rubbish and substandard stuff mixed in with good stuff.

It still amazes me how they continue to write so much stuff everyone actually hates, and think it's good stuff - and I'll be fair, not everything they write is hated, a lot is loved, it's jsut that there is too much hated stuff to. originally, everything they wrote was loved, this is what it needs to be/returned to.
    And then we have actually decent characters removed or forgotten way too easily. Taylor had a bad end we didnt even get to know about till afterwards. Rogers just vanished from existence... the whole cast of Pandaria's various teams sort of disappeared altogether. Real shame there.... only major figureheads and actaul joke characters seem to get any staying power.

That said. Croman's story would be nice to see. How'd he go from toiling in an ogre mine and wind up in the maw? And Lantressor.... top tier gag seeing him with a mining pick in BFA

There would be no bigger gift to the development of the story, its characters and the world it created than to remove race restrictions from the factions and instead make them ideology based.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

What I really want to see is my character actually be represented in the story, ideally in one of those rendered cinematics. I want to see my character doing things and being the one involved in the story.

It could easily be accomplished by simply making a placeholder character who shows up in cutscenes and the game can say "whenever this character is in a cinematic, that's you." The character can be totally silent, just let me see my character as an important lore character in the world. I've killed gods, why are my accomplishments always overshadowed by NPCs who just stood around for the fight?

Have Kil'jaeden live up to his reputation and nickname, with him manipulating the Alliance and the Horde with his powers and agents on Azeroth serving him either willingly or being manipulated. For example it could have been him who tricked Vol'jin into naming Sylvanas warchief with the knowledge that it would cause divisions and conflicts between the factions and inside the Horde or him deceiving other villains such as agents of the Old Gods into doing actions benefitting the demons while believing that they were serving the Old Gods.

We saw what KJ was capable of with the formation of the Horde, the invasion of Azeroth by the Orcs, the creation and use of the Lich King and the Scourge to weaken Azeroth's defenses and him turning Kael'thas into his puppet to turn the Sunwell into a portal for a new invasion of the Burning Legion. The lack of use of him, and his manipulation skills and deceptive abilities weren't really used during WoW.
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2021-08-20 at 03:50 PM.

Get new devs and then I would like to have a world ending event. And I mean that literally.

Followed by a complete rework of the engine and updated world, combat system etc. A hard reset so to speak. Have the bronze Dragonflight stepping in, turn back the time, I don´t care what the justification would be, I just don´t see the game improving in any way shape or form with the current direction.

Just fire all the writers who are working on wow story right now and hire people who CAN write.