Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    While I've been saying for several years that I wished they'd make WoW miniatures, this isn't exactly what I had in mind.

This board game seems incredibly Alliance centric in terms of characters. The people responsible for this should feel bad.

Where is Garrosh? He was the Horde's main leader in the Northrend campaign. Has a much bigger role than Thrall.
    And Muradin is there but not Saurfang? They have the same role in the raid.
    And Sylvanas? All she did was betray the Horde with Putress and Varimathras, leading to the Wrathgate incident. Why is she a hero in this game?
    Who is the no name Blood Elf? Liadrin? Shouldn't even be there.

What a joke.

$60usd on the US store and £60gbp on the UK store...

Should be more like 45 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Does anyone at Blizzard have any concept of marketing? This is just horribly insensitive considering people are still dying by the hundreds from COVID. What in gods name are they thinking?
    Oh my god get over it already pandemics have been killing thousands of people daily for centuries but the first one to hit the western world hard and suddenly it's thoughts and prayers all around

I hate ingame purchases but irl things like this i happily take in any amount!
    I've played probably around hundred different ones but Pandemic is one of the i missed.
    I really hope there will be my language version sooner or later.

The art style looks totally bland and lazy. I wonder if Blizzard is ever going to upgrade their art team from 2002 of W3 release.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has spent a ton of money on Kickstarter board games, this is truly bland. At least they could've painted the miniatures.
    But wait, that is concept art so the real minis are going to look much worse.

is this kind of game like Risk or monopoly?

Can i newbie play this game and understand?

Does anyone at Blizzard have any concept of marketing? This is just horribly insensitive considering people are still dying by the hundreds from COVID. What in gods name are they thinking?
    I never understand this line of thinking of being outraged for the sake of being outraged of something. Context matters...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Get a fucking grip man its a freaking board game LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    voljin was not really active during wrath of the lich king...
    Neither was Liadrin, and yet she made the cut

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Neither was Liadrin, and yet she made the cut

She was there more then Vol'jin, she was part of the quel'delar questline.
    better then vol'jin appearing... literally no where.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

She made a cameo during the Quel'dalar questline without actually being directly involved in it whatsoever.

Vol'jin meanwhile participated in the Battle for the Undercity, which was one of the most important battles of WotLK.

I'd say they had about an equal amount of relevance by that standard

15+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin appeared in the Battle for the Undercity and Zalazane's Fall which both occured during WotLK. The "story" even references the Zalazane's Fall event in the Cataclysm pre-launch events with Garrosh using it the retaking of a few small islands as an insult to Vol'Jin.

Role or presence in the expansion isn't a factor since Garrosh does not appear in the board game but was the Overlord of the Horde's armies in Northrend.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-07-22 at 12:05 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    is this kind of game like Risk or monopoly?

Can i newbie play this game and understand?
    It's based on the Pandemic board game. So it's not very similar to either Monopoly nor Risk.

Pandemic is a cooperative game, where players work together against the game mechanics to achieve a set goal. The opposition is a set of rule-based mechanics, usually with some element of randomness (dice rolls, deck of cards) to determine what the game does on its turn. Here's my best guess at how WotLK is overlayed on top of the Pandemic game: A group of scientists (heroes) are working to stop a disease (scourge) outbreak from spreading from a few locations to the entire world. Players have a few specific abilities they can use to decrease the amount of disease (scourge) at a specific location and move between locations. On the game's turn, new disease outbreaks(scourge) appear in the world, and already present disease outbreaks (scourge) increase in number. Players win when the outbreak is brought under control (Lich King is defeated - slight variation from Pandemic mechanics); players lose when too many cities are completely overrun by disease (scourge).

The base pandemic game is pretty popular and relatively easy to learn. It looks like the WotLK version has some extra mechanics (might be optional?).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by transcenddead View Post
    TooSoon

Executus
    5 posts in 5 years.
    I am glad this is one of them.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

This genuinely looks like a fun game. Pandemic is already a fun game, and with a Warcraft twist it could be even better.

I just hope there's room for expansions or fan mods to add in more heroes. Sucks that there isn't a wider selection, especially with how famous certain heroes were during Wrath, like Saurfang, Darion, and Garrosh.

Is it because I've had sex, the reason I don't understand what this is?

10+ Year Old Account
    You better not look at death knight ability names then if this game concept upsets you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by transcenddead View Post
    TooSoon

Executus
    This is kind of true, most people want to just forget this last year of the pandemic of shitshows that governments both local and federal made in the name of saving people over 80 years old that don't like to go out and socialize anyway.