10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    I might have to cancel my account over this, I don't like supporting a company that partakes in such actions.
    Yeah, take your time, its only been five months since this news broke. Don't want to be hasty.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    they can to convince their employees that they need a union. I'm gonna be delighted if Bobby Kotick and his merry band of malicious assholes are the cause of the first AAA devs/publisher unionizing. Doubly so if it's the start of a widespread wave of unionization in gamedev.
    Considering that the game industry has long surpassed Hollywood both in output and revenue and is slowly shitting on everything else too from major league sports to ad revenue it's long past the point where it should have fully unionized, especially considering the shit people working in the industry have to put up with, ranging from cringe online harassment to workplace harassment all the way to abusive labor practices like crunch.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    They got caught red handed so they screw the pooch over & over again like a baghdad bob to go back to business as usual.

https://twitter.com/_TechJess/status...80341750362114

Another day another scandal. Now its a secret right wing discord server they used to decide which women and transgender employees to try and get fired and now they are crying theres too many of them getting fired to hold that power anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/_TechJess/status...80341750362114

Another day another scandal. Now its a secret right wing discord server they used to decide which women and transgender employees to try and get fired and now they are crying theres too many of them getting fired to hold that power anymore.
    https://kotaku.com/longtime-blizzard...n-d-1848276468

more here.

I think I am more shocked this guy is literally hitting every check box on how to piss people off. Is there anyone he isn't trying to piss off here. Except straight white people. Although if he hit that too we can just call it a day xD
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-12-29 at 07:05 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

This thread is a classic woke echo chamber, everyone throws comments how they support eachover views on this topic
    and zero fact checking as usual.

someone said something in twitter = its a fact, so lets condemn these bastards at blizzard!

u guys ever worked with girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    Yes, and? I mean, I think we all know where you're going with this but let's see if you have the balls to spell it out.

Yes, and? I mean, I think we all know where you're going with this but let's see if you have the balls to spell it out.
    We all know? so like i said, echochamber with like minded-people. You are not bored here i guess, going on and on in circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a classic woke echo chamber, everyone throws comments how they support eachover views on this topic

someone said something in twitter = its a fact, so lets condemn these bastards at blizzard!

Or maybe we all want the best for a company we love to be a company that's safe for those that work there so that they can make good games of quality with good moral working environment.

also what facts are people getting wrong point us in the direction of a better reliable source of what's happening at Activision-Blizzard.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

We all know?
    We all know what? Do you have the balls to spell it out or are you going to hide behind the skirt of inuendo?

15+ Year Old Account
    Another blizzard employee ousted, this time because he would frequently use his position as a higher up to try to get LGBT employees fired.

He was part of an ultra right wing gaming discord where he'd frequently rant about "libtards" and LGBT people. Also anti-vaxxer, no surprise.

Also because he was a sex pest.

(His pfp has the cat with the Hitler mustache as well)

Kind of amazing how you don't think the rabbit hole can get any deeper, then breast milk and this guy pop up. But I feel like Blizzard is in the middle of cleaning house, and they're going to analyze all past HR complaints, and take out serious offenders (like this guy). The awful part is that Blizzard apparently didn't give a shit until now, as the guy had numerous HR complaints against him and they only just now got around to canning his ass in the middle of house cleaning.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2021-12-30 at 01:07 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well, I suppose the fact that this waste of neurons is raving angrily is a sign that things are at least somewhat improving. I hope they seriously look into how their HR was doing their job so poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Another blizzard employee ousted, this time because he would frequently use his position as a higher up to try to get LGBT employees fired.

He was part of an ultra right wing gaming discord where he'd frequently rant about "libtards" and LGBT people. Also anti-vaxxer, no surprise.

[video=youtube;g9Yx4yNyqzA]

Kind of amazing how you don't think the rabbit hole can get any deeper, then breast milk and this guy pop up. But I feel like Blizzard is in the middle of cleaning house, and they're going to analyze all past HR complaints, and take out serious offenders (like this guy). The awful part is that Blizzard apparently didn't give a shit until now, as the guy had numerous HR complaints against him and they only just now got around to canning his ass in the middle of house cleaning.
    Geoff "GFrazier" Frazier was the most worthless pillock in the entire god damn company. He was a 'webmaster' (read: owner of the first warcraft fansite) in the 90's who stopped doing work around 2000 and just leeched a paycheck for over twenty years because he was an OG blizzard employee. Reading his little discord posts, he never aged a day beyond high school and never needed to, just got into a position through luck and coasted, while just shitposting on the WC3 forums.

Fuck that guy and good riddance. He didn't even have the redeeming feature of actually contributing to an iconic product. Just harassing co-workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Well, I suppose the fact that this waste of neurons is raving angrily is a sign that things are at least somewhat improving. I hope they seriously look into how their HR was doing their job so poorly.
    HR did their jobs perfectly. They covered a company's image for over two decades before it failed. HR is not there to protect workers.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Geoff "GFrazier" Frazier was the most worthless pillock in the entire god damn company. He was a 'webmaster' (read: owner of the first warcraft fansite) in the 90's who stopped doing work around 2000 and just leeched a paycheck for over twenty years because he was an OG blizzard employee. Reading his little discord posts, he never aged a day beyond high school and never needed to, just got into a position through luck and coasted, while just shitposting on the WC3 forums.

Fuck that guy and good riddance. He didn't even have the redeeming feature of actually contributing to an iconic product. Just harassing co-workers.

HR did their jobs perfectly. They covered a company's image for over two decades before it failed. HR is not there to protect workers.
    I remember playing against him on the old Kali.NET for Warcraft 2. He used the handle "Schlongor" there and for his fansite. Was an asshole back then, utterly unsurprised he never changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Well, yes, that's what their unspoken-but-real purpose is. I meant their purpose that they present as one, but is never actually the case.

Speaking of which, I wonder who thought that naming something as dehumanizingly as "human resources department" wouldn't tip off anyone as to its true purpose, and I wonder even more how that actually worked.

So, I can take this to mean that you have done the fact checking? By all means, share with us what you have found.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Well, yes, that's what their unspoken-but-real purpose is. I meant their purpose that they present as one, but is never actually the case.

Speaking of which, I wonder who thought that naming something as dehumanizingly as "human resources department" wouldn't tip off anyone as to its true purpose, and I wonder even more how that actually worked.
    Oh the good ole "This is what the HR department is REALLY for". Anyone have any predictions? Maybe he's going to claim it's a woke leftist weapon for firing people they don't like? That's always a funny claim.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Oh the good ole "This is what the HR department is REALLY for". Anyone have any predictions? Maybe he's going to claim it's a woke leftist weapon for firing people they don't like? That's always a funny claim.
    I am confused. Are you saying that you don't mind Activision's HR department serving as the corporate arm by silencing controversies and helping known abusers perpetuate their wrongdoing, going against their stated goals of protecting the workers?

Or, actually, are you yourself somehow so confused as to ascribe to me both left-wing anti-corporate capitalism and right-wing "woke left" conspiratorial talking points?
    Last edited by Vladier; 2021-12-31 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’ve worked with many girls. Not sure where you’re going here… Maybe sack up and say what you mean.
    If u are attractive for some particular girl then ur words percieved as a compliment, same words from non-attractive
    male - on the edge of harrasment. Thats the general idea. Is there real sexual harrasments on a workplaces? totally yes, is there any misinterpet words/sentences on a workplaces? totally yes.

If some neckbeard introvert programmer trying to communicate with girls on workplace, god help him, coz he may
    find himself in trouble these days )

How to deal with it? no idea. But i suggest not to jump with accusations based on twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

We all know what? Do you have the balls to spell it out or are you going to hide behind the skirt of inuendo?
    I rly have no idea what are u thinking iam trying to say. I only smell some aggresive approach, give me some clues
    what i need to spell out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So, I can take this to mean that you have done the fact checking? By all means, share with us what you have found.
    I think court need to rule whats true and whats false, i have zero facts, i read articles about Blizzard in a same way
    as you are. But iam not jumping with conclusions about who is guilty.

If u are attractive for some particular girl then ur words percieved as a compliment, same words from non-attractive
    male - on the edge of harrasment. Thats the general idea. Is there real sexual harrasments on a workplaces? totally yes, is there any misinterpet words/sentences on a workplaces? totally yes.

If some neckbeard introvert programmer trying to communicate with girls on workplace, god help him, coz he may
    find himself in trouble these days )

How to deal with it? no idea. But i suggest not to jump with accusations based on twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

I rly have no idea what are u thinking iam trying to say. I only smell some aggresive approach, give me some clues
    what i need to spell out?

- - - Updated - - -

I think court need to rule whats true and whats false, i have zero facts, i read articles about Blizzard in a same way
    as you are. But iam not jumping with conclusions about who is guilty.
    Big fucking yikes.