Poll: Do you think 9.2 will be Good?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    We don't even know what 9.2 will be.
    Probably:
    - The Sepulcher of the First Ones as a zone.
    - A raid with Zovaal as last boss. Anduin probably the penultimate.
    - Zovaal's plan revelaed.
    - If there's no plan of a 9.3, probably a link with 10.0 (and if I have to guess, next expansion would be Life/Elune related)

At this point I think the more relevant question would be when it will come out, and given the current climate surrounding the game and the company itself, it wouldn't surprise me if it took as long, if not longer than 9.1 did.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Probably:
    - If there's no plan of a 9.3, probably a link with 10.0 (and if I have to guess, next expansion would be Life/Elune related)
    I think denathrius escaping will bridge us into the next expansion with the light/elune/whatever, unless we will deal with him for good in the remainder of the not shown campaign parts. Otherwise I agree, that seems pretty much like the most likely outcome for 9.2 and SL as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    At this point I think the more relevant question would be when it will come out, and given the current climate surrounding the game and the company itself, it wouldn't surprise me if it took as long, if not longer than 9.1 did.
    It will depend on if and when we might get a 9.1.5. Otherwise I think a 6 months cycle seems realistic, like this time. Unless they secretly used all their efforts in the last 7-8 months in part for 9.2 and had us twiddle our thumbs with 9.0, I don't see them suddenly increasing their output - especially now.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

After everything that has gone down. Blizz will need to do A LOT .. and I MEAN A LOT for 9.2 and future. But blizz is in reallly hot water right now. Bet money 9.1 will be a year + until we get 9.2 .

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    Korthia doesn't really feel like the maw, other than the fact that there's a flight path connecting the two.

Personally, I'm hoping that shadowlands will remain low effort so that the next expansion is "another legion". Unlikely, but a man can hope.
    This company _really_ needs some good publicity. They should take whatever half baked crap they have for 10.0, and take a good hard look at if its an MAU generator or fun gameplay on its own merits. Then they should break the glass on one or more features the playerbase at large has been clamoring for, for years - things like Ogres/High elves made playable, Tinkers or Necromancers made a class (obvs, Id prefer Bard, but I wanted to stay realistic), some form of legit Housing, and maybe 4th specs with different Roles.

Do ALL of there things and you'd win back a huge amount of goodwill, I think. Just do one and you'd be better off than some "you think you do, but you dont, so heres a Blizzard Twist!" nonsense.

That said, if I was a bettering man I'd put money on another cosmic conflict escalation to end Shadowlands and me personally never coming back.

Probably:
    I wouldn't call any of those things "probably". A strong possibility? Yes. But we simply don't know.

For example, we ultimately don't have a clue if there will be a 9.3 or not. I would put 50/50 odds on it. If there *is* a 9.3, Zovaal / Jailer probably won't be the final boss of 9.2 (saved for 9.3), and we don't know if the Sepulcher would be 9.2 or 9.3.

We also don't know what the Sepulcher is, or what form it will take. It could be a raid, a zone, or even a megadungeon. We don't know if it's in the shadowlands, Azeroth, or another realm.

Point is, none of these things are certain. Every time in the past someone has tried to predict what a major patch "probably" will be, they've been at least partially wrong. Blizz always throws a curveball (often one people take issue with, but a curveball nonetheless).

So how are we supposed to come to a consensus on something that we have seen nothing about yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Rumors in high level PVE circles are that 9.2 will be the last raid and will only have 2 bosses. So chances are that Shadowlands will be worse than WoD. Really odd that a company where employees are drunk all the time is making a shitty product.
    Sounds like a rumor pulled right from your own ass, not sure if that counts as a "high level pve circle".
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Where's the 3rd option of, "Nobody fucking knows, because zero information is even out about yet." ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think, we can even expect 9.2 at this point of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Considering that <20% of the Blizzard devs are doing all of the work (the women)
    soo they are to blame for all the fuckups right? as they do all the work
    they need to fire all the women, solves everything, and there will no longer be any harasment towards women if there are no women

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Sounds like a rumor pulled right from your own ass, not sure if that counts as a "high level pve circle".
    maybe he meant someone in their raid spewed that nonsense when he was high

You are going to have to wait until 11.3 for that.

Hell no it will be garbage just like this whole crap expansion

lol guys, when will you realize the reality of this game

X.2 raids are usually the best of each expansion, weirdly enough. I don't know about lore or general gameplay/balancing, but historically I'd assume we can expect a nice raid tier coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So how are we supposed to come to a consensus on something that we have seen nothing about yet?

Ah man, people in this forum are always so nice. I wonder why nobody takes this site seriously anymore. Guess we will have to wait then. Thats probably the only thing how Shadowlands can be worse than it already is. No raid content. But Blizzard finds a way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Ah man, people in this forum are always so nice. I wonder why nobody takes this site seriously anymore. Guess we will have to wait then. Thats probably the only thing how Shadowlands can be worse than it already is. No raid content. But Blizzard finds a way.
    You give a silly rumor then get upset when people don't take it seriously? There is very little reason that Blizzard would ever release a raid with two bosses in a case like this. If it is a mini-raid like ruby santcum? Sure. But they would just but filler bosses into a raid to give it more. If you took the game seriously you might notice this but instead you insult websites.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    To be fair, +6 months is the general time between content patches, so December if we are very optimistic could be the patch release and January the season launch and raid opening. But that's very optimistic. I think January or February is a more grounded guess.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    To be fair, +6 months is the general time between content patches, so December if we are very optimistic could be the patch release and January the season launch and raid opening. But that's very optimistic. I think January or February is a more grounded guess.
    I figure February as well

They are still behind according to recent interviews and currently there’s no work being done by anyone at blizz according to some leads

I think February will be launch and the event they are planning this year to replace blizzcon will have the reveal info

9.1.5 hitting ptr in about 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I'm hoping, and feeling like 9.2 is where they're placing their bets at the moment.

I haven't any strong bias for 9.1 because I haven't played it yet, just recently having to unsub for non-hating reasons.
    Korthia could've had me subbed for another month despite that, if it wasn't in The Maw. Though that's just me. I've listened to the music though and that's beautiful. Awfully alluring.
    The music alone makes me feel the lore in Korthia and it's a little sad to see it underused and drowned out by the Maw at that point.

Has me imagining/yearning what they have in mind for a more vivid/rich 9.2 patch theme after the dreary Chains of Domination.

What are your biggest hopes for 9.2 and do you think it will be a good pay off?
    There is no "consensus" on 9.2 because it doesn't exist, so we cannot form an opinion regarding it, much less form a "consensus" about it.

That's like asking if the consensus about the next Netflix original show that they'll start producing in 2023 that hasn't even been leaked yet is going to be good.

Or like asking if the consensus about the the next new IP Blizzard eventually creates is going to be good.

Also, the poll is missing at least one more option: "I don't know". And just to make sure all options are covered, I'd also add "It will be bad".

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You give a silly rumor then get upset when people don't take it seriously? There is very little reason that Blizzard would ever release a raid with two bosses in a case like this. If it is a mini-raid like ruby santcum? Sure. But they would just but filler bosses into a raid to give it more. If you took the game seriously you might notice this but instead you insult websites.
    Taking retail WoW seriously in 2021. I believe kekw is what the kids are saying today?