Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many shadowlands are there?

Considering the existence of the multiverse, how many shadowlands are there?? there is one shadowland for every timeline or one shadowlands for all the timelines like the twisting nether????

If it made sense, it'd be one shadowlands for every timeline/universe. So of course they're gonna say only one Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    If it made sense, it'd be one shadowlands for every timeline/universe. So of course they're gonna say only one Shadowlands.
    lol, right.

I gave up on trying to follow the story and structure it with absolutes a loooooong time ago...

But, considering they only have 1 of each famous character in our Shadowlands, I'd be inclined to say that it was 1 Shadowlands per universe/timeline.
    And then at Blizzcon, the writers would say "Nah it's one Shadowlands for them all lol, tons of different versions of every lore character huehue!"...

This was literally answered during the reveal of the expansion.

You are literally trolling for the sake of saying shit sucks.

Didn't they already said it's on for all existence? I remember some bullshit about Draka, threads and rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    This was literally answered during the reveal of the expansion.

You are literally trolling for the sake of saying shit sucks.
    no, im simply not aware of every single lore discussion in the history of the game since its creation, what a shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    no, im simply not aware of every single lore discussion in the history of the game since its creation, what a shock!
    The answer is infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The answer is infinite.
    so, there is a shadowlands for every timelines, im glad thats the answer because it makes sense, but i have to ask, do you have a quote to support that?.

So will you keep asking stupid shit or can you use google?

i'm HOPING for a marvels loki TVA kind of scenario where all the alternate timelines get cleansed or just turned into anima outright. the whole multiverse thing is way to complex for current blizzard to do right.

that said, i believe there is only one shadowlands but it is infinitely big with countless unique realms like maldraxxus and bastion. so even if it isn't a purge style like i want, it should have enough space for everything.

The devs have clarified that there is one Shadowlands for all realities. The characters we see are made up of all the parts of them from all the various realities, like many strands making up a single rope. You may notice that this conflicts with the assertion that our Garrosh was unusually terrible and all the rest were actually very good Warchiefs. Perhaps we can conclude from this that he's still alive in those realities. Then again, this brings up an issue with how exactly time works in the Shadowlands, which they've been vague about other than to say that it's not a realm of order so it's not necessarily linear. Would Garrosh perhaps have changed if other versions of him had died already?

As with most problems introduced by Warlords of Draenor, it's best not to think about this too much. Enjoy it at its surface level, it will only become more annoying and make less sense if you try to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    So will you keep asking stupid shit or can you use google?
    i alreadi did dumb dumb but i didnt get a satisfactory answer, thats why im asking here.

i alreadi did dumb dumb but i didnt get a satisfactory answer, thats why im asking here.
    Literally watch the reveal from BlizzCon maybe?

so, there is a shadowlands for every timelines, im glad thats the answer because it makes sense, but i have to ask, do you have a quote to support that?.
    I think we're taking at crossed purpose. The Shadowlands aren't ordered by timelines but how the mortals lived thier lives. But all physical realms funnel into the Shadowlands with an infinite number of realms.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post

As with most problems introduced by Warlords of Draenor, it's best not to think about this too much. Enjoy it at its surface level, it will only become more annoying and make less sense if you try to think about it.
    i suppose this is the most definitive answer, the sad part is that i have already start thinking about it and if there is only one shadowlands it doesnt make much sense to be honest.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2021-07-25 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    The devs have clarified that there is one Shadowlands for all realities. The characters we see are made up of all the parts of them from all the various realities, like many strands making up a single rope. You may notice that this conflicts with the assertion that our Garrosh was unusually terrible and all the rest were actually very good Warchiefs. Perhaps we can conclude from this that he's still alive in those realities. Then again, this brings up an issue with how exactly time works in the Shadowlands, which they've been vague about other than to say that it's not a realm of order so it's not necessarily linear. Would Garrosh perhaps have changed if other versions of him had died already?

I have to admit the one Shadowlands works alright seen the idea there's an infinite number of realms softens the issue alot. Certainly works better then the one legion

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I think we're taking at crossed purpose. The Shadowlands aren't ordered by timelines but how the mortals lived thier lives. But all physical realms funnel into the Shadowlands with an infinite number of realms.
    im not sure we are discussing the same thing here, im asking whether every single alter ego of a person goes to the same shadowlands or if every single alter ego has his own shadowlands to go to when he dies.

We should see an infinite amount of Garrosh and any other mortal character of varying ages and personalities. What probably happens is its one shadowlands but they get Garrison sharded or just placed in another realm of the Shadowlands.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

im not sure we are discussing the same thing here, im asking whether every single alter ego of a person goes to the same shadowlands or if every single alter ego has his own shadowlands to go to when he dies.
    All of the mortal timelines feed into the a singular "Shadowlands" with Infinite Afterlives.

So yes theoretically there could be two of the same person in bastion. But there's Infinite Afterlives so Blizzard has an infinite places to hide the copies. Plus who knows how many timelines are lifeless voids etc.