Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Agree with score clarity being non-existent. This week i ran layers 12 with a guild group - skoldus was a pretty fast and smooth run, mort'regar was just painful (constantly over par time, multiple deaths).

Ended with 180something in skoldus, and 217 in mort'regar. We still don't know how, and it's impossibile to know what to prioritize other than following general guidelines. Also, we killed the 5 floor vendor, just to discover that you find him deaf into the adamant vaults. It was just a rollercoaster.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I don't massively like the score but the lack of clarity is more my issue.
    Let's see if we bring some clarity.

I don't understand the empowerment
    Empowerment gives you a short (longer with upgrades) window where point values are doubled for doing certain things. For instance, Annihilator gives 20 points if you can kill the floor 5 boss in under 20s. That point value is doubled to 40 points if you can kill the floor 5 boss in under 20s with empowerment up.

So generally, the idea is to find combos that you (and your group) can do while the empowerment window is running.

An example:

Daredevil - Kill 2 elites in under 10s of each other = gives 10 points
    Rescuer - Assisted a denizen of Torghast = gives 10 points

The setup/execution: Pull 2 elites and DPS down to about 20%, hit empowerment button and quickly kill both elites and then turn in the helping Kyrian find his bell = 40 points earned for Empowerment.

timing, I don't have a clue what my speed should be?
    Yeah par times aren't displayed until level completion. But generally, it's around 7~9 minutes per floor. Basically don't be slow and try to be efficient in your runs. Examples: While group is fighting a trash pack, throw some AoE on the jars around the room to break them without losing to much DPS time on the trash. Get the skeleton key from Ve'nari so you don't have to waste time figuring out the puzzle chests.

Also all of my Characters are behind on Knowledge cap so I kinda want to do some lower level ones to get knowledge so that I can do 12s easier. Meh...
    Fun fact, you can do extra runs of Torghast to reach knowledge cap each week. And spend those points!! Progression down the tree requires spending points so hording them doesn't help.

Also for progression in the Box of Many Things, some traits are much better than others. Increasing blessings and removing torments greatly help. As does traits like Efficient Looter and Unflinching.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with score clarity being non-existent. This week i ran layers 12 with a guild group - skoldus was a pretty fast and smooth run, mort'regar was just painful (constantly over par time, multiple deaths).

Ended with 180something in skoldus, and 217 in mort'regar. We still don't know how, and it's impossibile to know what to prioritize other than following general guidelines. Also, we killed the 5 floor vendor, just to discover that you find him deaf into the adamant vaults. It was just a rollercoaster.
    But the endscore tells you what added points and what removed them.

Not sure what's so difficult about the whole thing.
    decent usage of empowerment + 100% floor score is all you really need to get 5*

Just click it whenever you are about to kill a lot of enemies or when you want to destroy or click on objects.
    It's not something you have to think about doing more than that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Empowerment gives you a short (longer with upgrades) window where point values are doubled for doing certain things. For instance, Annihilator gives 20 points if you can kill the floor 5 boss in under 20s. That point value is doubled to 40 points if you can kill the floor 5 boss in under 20s with empowerment up.

So generally, the idea is to find combos that you (and your group) can do while the empowerment window is running.

An example:

Daredevil - Kill 2 elites in under 10s of each other = gives 10 points
    Rescuer - Assisted a denizen of Torghast = gives 10 points

The setup/execution: Pull 2 elites and DPS down to about 20%, hit empowerment button and quickly kill both elites and then turn in the helping Kyrian find his bell = 40 points earned for Empowerment.
    This one I'm not 100% sure on. Do you have some information on it? I know Empowerment does double the score on items, but from what I've heard others mention, and my personal experience it only doubles points that would fill an empowerment bar and each this is essentially worth +1.

For instance, break 20 vases you would get +20. Do the events you mention above would only get +3. Depends on the layer/talents you can empower 2-4 times with ease. Which you could set that combination you mentioned above for Floor 1, 2, 4 and 5. Doing that combination on all 4 floors with empowerment would give you +80 which is half of Flawless alone meaning you could botch the whole thing, but based on tests I haven't seen it produce results like that.

In fact, killing 20 enemies / objects would give you a higher empowerment score than doing the 2 events you suggested above just based on testing and other's input.

I’d suggest looking up things that increase your score.
    For example:
    Orb the 1st merchant you come to after getting things you need. Been told doing this gets you points, as well as some (if not all or more) of your spent anima back.
    (Not sure about this one actually counting towards score) Pop Empowerment before 2nd floor boss dies. Get bonus for killing him and you also get 100% Empower bonus on floor 3.
    Bonus points for being above 500/1000 Phantasma at floor 3 and 5.
    Bonus points for being above a certain amount of powers.
    Bonus points for not taking epic powers.
    Best to look them up, but there’s multiple ways to increase your score that many players probably have no idea about that makes your deaths not so troublesome.
    And as others stated, try to run with friends. Barring that, make your own group, express what you want to do, and try to nab a monk tank (can’t remember the power but they will carry), resto shaman (healing rain build is broken), and/or Warlock/Boomy if you want an extra.

I've run solo Torghast every time, mainly because it just opens up the possibility to do whatever I want.

I've managed to 5-star all Tier 12s except Coldheart Interstitia, because I just found that level too goddamn annoying. I think it would have been doable. Its a little RNG with what kind of powers you get in the first two levels, but overall its really not that bad. Some torments are definitely more annoying than others...but once you manage to upgrade your cube so you get 3 blessings & 3 torments I haven't really ran into anything undoable.
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But the endscore tells you what added points and what removed them.

Not sure what's so difficult about the whole thing.
    decent usage of empowerment + 100% floor score is all you really need to get 5*

Just click it whenever you are about to kill a lot of enemies or when you want to destroy or click on objects.
    It's not something you have to think about doing more than that, really.
    Yeah, i know the basic tactics and what to do but if you could see the two replays of the two runs you wouldnt give 2 cents to the second being a 5 star run.

If i could see the timer and the score going up it would be just better - i know that nore gear and more talents will make it trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so the whole system is bad bcs you fucked up...
    perhaps run on your own? you will still fuck up, but there is nobody to call you out on it
    Yesh, the hallmark of great systems is that they don't have room for even a single mistake. People learn quicker that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Yesh, the hallmark of great systems is that they don't have room for even a single mistake. People learn quicker that way.
    There are even "talents" (the ones bought for tower knowledge) that allow you to fail multiple times with zero repercussions. Not to mention you can still score 4/5 even if you wipe here and there. But no, let me score perfect on my first run, undergeared and with zero experience, or I go to the forums and cry about it.

Can't say I'm a fan of current rating (and gatting 2 levels behind said rating).
    First problem, it's rather obscur.
    Second problem, too much emphasis is put on speed. Speed to clear the level and speed to do the maximum points during Empowerment.

I was an avid torghast runner during season 1 (did Endless Corridor 8 early and boosted some friends to get mount several times) but the new version is a mixed bag. Boni/Mali are a good idea. 5 floors instead of 6 is strange (basically no gold beetween first shop at level 3 and second at level 5, also the ravenous orbe is useless.) feels too short to make a coherent build. Better just pick OP powers. Cube of Many Things is good but a bit mild (10% buff) when compared to crazyness of some Anima Cells.
    And the scoring is not to my liking.

To each their own I guess but I had more fun in Endless Corridor 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    the system absolutely have room for mistakes, and sorry but people pouting and leaving is not problem of system, its problem of people...
    btw, you dont even need 5/5 for anything other than achievment, and its build so you get improved results over time as you go up the tower knowledge "tree"...

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of current rating (and gatting 2 levels behind said rating).
    First problem, it's rather obscur.
    Second problem, too much emphasis is put on speed. Speed to clear the level and speed to do the maximum points during Empowerment.

I was an avid torghast runner during season 1 (did Endless Corridor 8 early and boosted some friends to get mount several times) but the new version is a mixed bag. Boni/Mali are a good idea. 5 floors instead of 6 is strange (basically no gold beetween first shop at level 3 and second at level 5, also the ravenous orbe is useless.) feels too short to make a coherent build. Better just pick OP powers. Cube of Many Things is good but a bit mild (10% buff) when compared to crazyness of some Anima Cells.
    And the scoring is not to my liking.

To each their own I guess but I had more fun in Endless Corridor 9.0
    It's not the speed. It's more pulling as much as you can and aoe everything down. Try to do all the bonuses (no epic powers, two elites in 10 secs, use the morph ball on broker etc). Also save empowered at floor two for the floor boss - use it at like 10% boss hp, kill it bring the power and go to floor 3. This way everything in floor 3 will give you bonus points as you're frozen in empowered status.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not the speed. It's more pulling as much as you can and aoe everything down.
    Hard to do as a disc priest. AOE not really our forte. Anima powers provides some options but you have to stack them and for that you need a lot of cells/luck.

Try to do all the bonuses (no epic powers, two elites in 10 secs, use the morph ball on broker etc). Also save empowered at floor two for the floor boss - use it at like 10% boss hp, kill it bring the power and go to floor 3. This way everything in floor 3 will give you bonus points as you're frozen in empowered status.
    I already did the boss2->shop 3-> first trahs of floor 4, will try bonus from no epic powers or dual elites etc. Thanks

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to do as a disc priest. AOE not really our forte. Anima powers provides some options but you have to stack them and for that you need a lot of cells/luck.
    Go Holy and spam Holy Nova/Divine Star. You should be switching specs anyway to maximize +int stacks for casting Power/Holy Words if you get that anima. Not to mention that Holy does more damage that Disc in pure dps mode - and if you spec into Chastise stun, you can benefit from %damage to stunned targets anima for some extra burst.

It also saves time, since you can spam Nova while running to break jars - so you'll get bonus points for speed. Disc is pretty much pointless, unless you're really struggling with survival - but that probably means you're hugely undergeared or pulling too many mobs. Serenity, Desperate Prayer, GS and Fear are more than enough to stay alive.

And ignoring Epic powers is the way to go. Some of them are good, but generally our best stuff is combo of blue - like ticking damage on fear (always get the -30sec cooldown talent) or no cooldown Holy Fire during Power Infusion - and grey (bonus HF damage for breaking jars... combine the two and you'll destroy the boss in a single Power Infusion) Not really worth losing points by grabbing some purple power that's "good", but not great. (unless you absolutely cannot survive without Fade clone or something)
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-07-30 at 09:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a people problem with the system being used as a scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it. It's still pretty simple to five star, even with a few deaths, in a five stack.
    Yeah I literally ran some lowbies from guild in a group of 5 through an 8(highest one of them could do) and still 4 starred with them dying a whole bunch on that floor with a million traps(they didn't get the projectile trap).

If the OP's group didn't 5 star it's both his and the group's fault unless he died personally like 6 times. However, I do think you're exaggerating or talking about lower layers as at 12 multiple deaths beyond the freebie are often enough to steal the 5 star.

- - - Updated - - -

I already did the boss2->shop 3-> first trahs of floor 4, will try bonus from no epic powers or dual elites etc. Thanks
    The 2 elites is simply that they have to die within that frame of each other also, not killing them all within 10 seconds just in case you didn't know. It only counts once to my knowledge so find an easier pair to do it on and you're good. Some of the bonus points are pretty RNG like the chests or rescues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've actually found myself coming around on the gem-system in Torghast of late, probably because my gear feels more stabilized and the slow drip-feed of Tower Knowledge and the Box of Many Things has taken a bit of the initial edges off. Dealing with the new Torments can be fun and adds challenge and variety to the runs - and while sometimes that can be very painful (I hate the phantasma-spawn Torment with a passion), it definitely adds a degree of thinking on your feet that Torghast 1.0 lacked. Flawlessing the max-level floor is still rough in Mort'regar and the Upper Reaches, but with a mix of good tactics and a degree of luck it can be done. I like the new variety even if it does occasionally make for painful excursions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    (I hate the phantasma-spawn Torment with a passion)
    Wear Stable Phantasma Lure and every time you kill it, you'll get extra instead of merely regaining what it stole. Now sure, it does suck if it spawns during miniboss fight or something, but otherwise, it's free Phantasma.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2021-07-30 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Wear Stable Phantasma Lure and every time you kill it, you'll get extra instead of merely regaining what it stole. Now sure, it does suck if it spawns during miniboss fight or something, but otherwise, it's free Phantasma.
    For me, it always spawns in the midst of elite or boss fights. I can actually predict like 90% of the spawns, just based on how inconvenient it would be for it to spawn.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

speed almost means nothing in the gem system.

what's par, 25 pts? i know i did a 9 to top up tower knowledge, beat the timer by about 9 mins, got 47 pts (out of 50)
    i think i did another one were i was 5 mins over, got 20 points or something, you can easily make up the difference with the bonuses.

some easy ones to get are no epic powers/trapmaster/500 anima at the end/kill 2 elites within 10s of each other, there's 40 points already.