Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard: Here’s how you save the game, rebuild the player base and reap profits.

Release the SDK

Do it…

This is the best way possible to save this game. Have the team build a user friendly map editor ,raid builder, and blizzard rentable servers to use for custom servers with custom everything. I’m talking giving almost a full total conversion level mod kit. Revitalize the game by giving it to your fan base. The community is incredibly creative and will definitely revitalize your game similar to Skyrim but even more so.

Remember Warcraft III and the power your map editor and scripting language gave to the community. Entire genres of games were born. Let’s do that again but for the massively multiplayer world.

Become the equivalent of the mmo in ready player one.

Go all in on the tech and hosting side. Make the best most expandable most customizable interface.

Or if you want to play the long game. Form a partnership with epic and build out the infrastructure and mechanics to utilize unreal engine level games with your data structure and interface additions. Still do the tech and hosting too.

Plz plz plz it would be the best. And once you get your house back in order we can keep going with the main story at least in the Warcraft servers.

10+ Year Old Account

The amount of ignorance and understanding how game development and industry actually works is absolutely staggering with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post

The amount of ignorance and understanding how game development and industry actually works is absolutely staggering with this thread.
    Hey everyone look! This guy knows all about this stuff and he says it's not an option. Thanks for the professional opinion, I think you saved us all a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Hey everyone look! This guy knows all about this stuff and he says it's not an option. Thanks for the professional opinion, I think you saved us all a lot of time.
    I actually do work in the gaming industry my friend, but thats besides the point.

I see what the OP is saying and he has full right to their own opinion. But the issue is that lack of knowledge and understanding of certain things doesn't give it a lot of value.

An average Joe gamer doesn't have the programming skills required to create new and interesting game systems using any kind of game engines if they have no experience with coding.

Sure, there are very intelligent and hardcore modders out there, but the scope of what the OP is talking about is way out of proportion and would require millions and millions of budgets to create something on next level.

Let professionals handle it. There is already a custom WoW thing anyway that exists and I forgot the name of the server but you can create any combo class you want and adventure with customized talents and gear. And its free and thats far as it will go.

Hard to rebuild a playerbase when your employees are on strike demanding better conditions and leadership doesn't give you realistic timetables, budget, or teams (Wc3 refunded).
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-07-27 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesadams1988 View Post
    Release the SDK

Do it…

This is the best way possible to save this game. Have the team build a user friendly map editor ,raid builder, and blizzard rentable servers to use for custom servers with custom everything. I’m talking giving almost a full total conversion level mod kit. Revitalize the game by giving it to your fan base. The community is incredibly creative and will definitely revitalize your game similar to Skyrim but even more so.

Remember Warcraft III and the power your map editor and scripting language gave to the community. Entire genres of games were born. Let’s do that again but for the massively multiplayer world.

Become the equivalent of the mmo in ready player one.

Go all in on the tech and hosting side. Make the best most expandable most customizable interface.

Or if you want to play the long game. Form a partnership with epic and build out the infrastructure and mechanics to utilize unreal engine level games with your data structure and interface additions. Still do the tech and hosting too.

Plz plz plz it would be the best. And once you get your house back in order we can keep going with the main story at least in the Warcraft servers.
    But that won't save the game?

That'll just give the game away in chunks, and give more reason to not develop the game further because people can make their own version then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You really have no clue how any of this works. First, 3D assets take a lot more effort to create than 2d maps like in W3. It would be impossible to support and maintain custom content. People would create faceroll content to obtain the best gear, voiding any kind of progress there could ever be in this game.

Actually it wouldn't be impossible. It's basically housing on steroids.

The problem would be creating boss encounters and large maps. That, to exist would have to use a pool of existing mechanics, which in turn would make it repetitive, no matter the creativity.

But, yes, this would come at the cost of proper content support.

I don't think it's a terrible idea. Not like Blizzard does great content anymore. I would be ok with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want 2 things done.

Make it a social game again
    Make old zones relevant
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me to come back a few things have to happen

1- The game should not be centred around the hardcore player. Give them things to do but don't make 95% of the game about them. Make dungeons casual content again and get rid of Mythic+. Make it like Vanilla WoW except with a modern approach.

2- There should be far more to do in the world. World quests are not enough. The game should be spent in the zones 95% of the time and not dungeons/raids. The game should not be spamming 25 different dungeon difficulties over and over again.

3- Arenas should be for cosmetics only. Make the real PVP battlegrounds. They are far more fun and engaging.

4- Make one good elaborate system and make it progress through expansions. Make it feel engaging and worthwhile.

5- Make old zones and content relevant like ESO. have been playing ESO this whole year so far and I find its approach so much better than WoW in this regard.

I know none of this will ever happen, but I can only wish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also love the "Elite/hardcore players got M+ and Mything raids" argument, like those players are somewhat givent alot of developer attention.
    Non-elite/hardcore players got LFR, LFG, Normal/Heroic (depends) mode in raids as well as M+ on lower keys, WQ, Covenant, Worldboss, and every other piece of garbage content.

Now look at leveling.
    Jackshit faceroll die 1-3 times in an expansion while leveling. Totally casual only.

Game is totally dominated by BLZ's marketing decision to focus on casuals.
    And that is why there is no social aspect left in WoW and that is why it consist of 90% mundane WQ, Covenant, Maw, collect 1200 recolored mounts
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-07-27 at 08:31 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

when ever blizzard touches the game it dies that much more just like the human and guldan scene in the movie.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    People would create faceroll content to obtain the best gear, voiding any kind of progress there could ever be in this game.
    How so? "Fun" and "instant 60/70/80 with free BiS gear" servers existed for... ever, often side by side along blizzlike ones, How does someone getting to lvl cap for killing one boar in elvynn on completely separated server spoils anything you'd do on the other one?

As for thing OP said, I agree AND at the same time don't see it happening not with Blizzard; but WoW is one of these games I wish got a proper serious "modding" movement going on.
    There are some "custom" classic/tbc/wotlk/+ servers but that's nothing, compared to what it could become if working on it would be easier than it is, and pretty much it is going from ground up all the way up, which is a waste of time and resources that could be spend on content itself.

Like... I could see, WoW PvP oriented server, where you don't have to spend a year in the game to have equal chances with everyone. With some PvP oriented changes that would make it a better experience and such.

agreed but you probably hate us like everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

i think satan wants his reputation back because you guys made so much money off him
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

This is an MMO, not a single player game.

the game has been stripped to only single players now.

15+ Year Old Account

Think everyone who wish to look into it even remotely quick will find that big publishers and big money drive away developers that actually care about the product from a gaming point of view.

WoW is bleeding subs, the turnover is huge and due to content it doesnt keep players subbing for long.
    Revenue for AV/BLZ got up but thats due to King games and the fact that its been fucking ages since there was a new xpansion/major patch and it accidentally coincided with good timing for the resubs with expansion/major patch release to get into the yearly earnings report as seems common latetely.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-07-27 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is an MMO, not a single player game.
    a mmo is when everyone can play the game such as vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    a mmo is when everyone can play the game such as vanilla.
    What does that even mean? Everyone can play it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I want 2 things done.

Make it a social game again
    Make old zones relevant
    game is as social as ever was, more in some regards, PEOPLE are less social (or actualy they are not FORCED to be more social)

about old zones being relevant, they tried in nzoth patch, do you remember how did people react to that? thats right, bitching and whining about using old zones instead of making new...